PDA

View Full Version : Joey Cora and Rick Hahn Rumors

Steelrod
10-16-2009, 07:50 PM
A far cry from last year, when Cora's name was rumored for every managerial opening. This year, his name is yet to pop up anywhere.
Same with Rick Hahn.

Brian26
10-16-2009, 08:02 PM
In the future, please try to add a bit more description to the subject line so people can decide if they want to open the thread. I had no idea what this was about before looking at it.
Thanks

Edit- I just changed it from "Joey Cora?" to something more appropriate.

dickallen15
10-16-2009, 08:05 PM
I can't see Cora getting a managing job unless he took Ozzie's place with the Sox. Hahn will be a GM some day. Maybe this year, maybe not, he did drop out of a couple of places last year. If he doesn't get a job this year, if the Sox win 95 games next year, he'll have his choice of the openings. Who knows, he may have an agreement to take over for KW sometime, and maybe that some time is fairly soon.

soxinem1
10-18-2009, 09:04 PM
I can't see Cora getting a managing job unless he took Ozzie's place with the Sox. Hahn will be a GM some day. Maybe this year, maybe not, he did drop out of a couple of places last year. If he doesn't get a job this year, if the Sox win 95 games next year, he'll have his choice of the openings. Who knows, he may have an agreement to take over for KW sometime, and maybe that some time is fairly soon.

That is a good question. If KW makes another World Series winner in the next couple years, would he hang it up?

DumpJerry
10-18-2009, 11:16 PM
That is a good question. If KW makes another World Series winner in the next couple years, would he hang it up?
No. Kenny is our Joe Mauer-he's not leaving. If you knew the depth of the relationship between KW and Reinsdorf, you'd know KW is not going anywhere else.

DumpJerry
10-18-2009, 11:17 PM
A far cry from last year, when Cora's name was rumored for every managerial opening. This year, his name is yet to pop up anywhere.
Same with Rick Hahn.
Umm....where are you hearing/reading these rumors?

Gammons Peter
10-19-2009, 09:10 AM
Umm....where are you hearing/reading these rumors?

Don't you mean...where are you NOT hearing/reading these rumors

Tragg
10-19-2009, 11:18 AM
A far cry from last year, when Cora's name was rumored for every managerial opening. This year, his name is yet to pop up anywhere..
The demand for yes-men and sidekicks must be waning.

Malgar 12
10-19-2009, 07:27 PM
The demand for yes-men and sidekicks must be waning.

Why should we consider Hahn a Yes-Man (or at least any more of a yes-man than any other baseball executive)? Similarly, why is Joey Cora any more of a sidekick than any other coach in MLB who is a friend/former team mate of the manager?

DumpJerry
10-19-2009, 11:47 PM
Why should we consider Hahn a Yes-Man (or at least any more of a yes-man than any other baseball executive)? Similarly, why is Joey Cora any more of a sidekick than any other coach in MLB who is a friend/former team mate of the manager?
I think you got the Poster's intent backwards. I think he is saying Cora is a Yes-Man and Hahn is a sidekick.

By the way, I disagree with both assessments.

Tragg
10-20-2009, 02:13 PM
Actually I think Cora is Ozzie's yes man and sidekick.
I know nothing about Hahn.