PDA

View Full Version : Whatever Happened With the Clemens/Bonds Steroid Stuff?

Madvora
10-15-2009, 03:20 PM
Last I heard Clemens and Brian McNamee were suing each other for defamation or something.

As for Bonds... I don't even remember.

It's been so long that there has been any mention of this stuff, but I don't remember anything ever getting resolved. Does anyone know anything?

dakuda
10-15-2009, 03:38 PM
I thought that I heard the case against McNamee was dropped not too long ago.
It has been quite quiet though.

southside rocks
10-17-2009, 03:45 PM
Clemens's defamation case against McNamee, in Texas, was dismissed this past August.

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=4448136

Clemens is appealing the dismissal.

http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2009/baseball/mlb/09/22/clemens.mcnamee.ap/index.html

McNamee still has a suit filed, in NY, against Clemens for defamation of character. Nothing has been resolved in that yet.

The federal grand jury hasn't taken any action regarding Clemens yet, AFAIK.

guillensdisciple
10-17-2009, 04:23 PM
I am so happy that this stupid stuff is out of the media. I can finally watch baseball without some mention of steroids, because that became more irritating than Brett Favre come back news.

Trav
10-18-2009, 11:11 AM
I am so happy that this stupid stuff is out of the media. I can finally watch baseball without some mention of steroids, because that became more irritating than Brett Favre come back news.

Yeah who cares about the integrity of the game and punishing those responsible for promoting cheating (Selig, Fehr, owners) and those who willfully did cheat (Bonds, Clemens, half of the players). As long as no one mentions it I am sure everything will go back to normal. Lets all keep our heads in the sand while the players continue to take HGH.

Craig Grebeck
10-18-2009, 11:19 AM
Yeah who cares about the integrity of the game and punishing those responsible for promoting cheating (Selig, Fehr, owners) and those who willfully did cheat (Bonds, Clemens, half of the players). As long as no one mentions it I am sure everything will go back to normal. Lets all keep our heads in the sand while the players continue to take HGH.
The game has been wrought with illicit activity and PED use for decades now. These guys aren't trailblazers.