PDA

View Full Version : Soxfest 2010 Hotel Packages

salty99
10-14-2009, 04:41 PM
http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/press_releases/press_release.jsp?ymd=20091014&content_id=7455688&vkey=pr_cws&fext=.jsp&c_id=cws

esbrechtel
10-14-2009, 06:38 PM
surprised they didn't drop the price a bit from last year after a bad season...

Steelrod
10-14-2009, 07:15 PM
surprised they didn't drop the price a bit from last year after a bad season...
Wasn't aware that the Palmer House had a bad season!

ewokpelts
10-15-2009, 08:05 AM
expect even lower attendance than 2009.

kruzer31
10-15-2009, 12:21 PM
The event isnt like it used to be when it was at the Hyatt. Its just my opinion but it was far more organized at the Hyatt and it really felt like you were at a Sox convention. The Palmer House to me is cold, out dated, and not the place to hold such an event. Everything is on different floors and it seems like everything is so distant.

On top of it I miss the Atrtium Bar at the end of the day where everyone would hang out. Had beers with Rowand, A.J., Ozzie, Cora, Foulk, P.K. and others to name back then at the Hyatt. That other little bar was pretty cool in the Hyatt as well.

I went the first year at the Palmer House and will not go back to Sox Fest till it returns to the Hyatt.

JEFF

ewokpelts
10-15-2009, 03:30 PM
The event isnt like it used to be when it was at the Hyatt. Its just my opinion but it was far more organized at the Hyatt and it really felt like you were at a Sox convention. The Palmer House to me is cold, out dated, and not the place to hold such an event. Everything is on different floors and it seems like everything is so distant.

On top of it I miss the Atrtium Bar at the end of the day where everyone would hang out. Had beers with Rowand, A.J., Ozzie, Cora, Foulk, P.K. and others to name back then at the Hyatt. That other little bar was pretty cool in the Hyatt as well.

I went the first year at the Palmer House and will not go back to Sox Fest till it returns to the Hyatt.

JEFFyou may be gone awhile. the rumor is that the palmer house dosent charge a rental fee to the sox for the convention space in exchange for helping them fill the hotel. hyatt had charged the sox rental fees.

i personally hope the sox take a cue from the brewers and pirates and hold soxfest in an actual convention center. mccormick place has plenty of parking, and the hyatt hotel is adjacent.

SOXfnNlansing
10-16-2009, 08:56 PM
I have decided to take my family there this year. Since I'm not getting season tickets, we're going to go spend a few hundred and have a nice winter weekend downtown, then go to spring training for a week. I'm excited because I've never been to Soxfest.

ChiSoxGirl
10-17-2009, 06:36 PM
As far as I'm concerned, this is the best weekend of the entire winter and can't wait to get my hotel package booked next Monday!!! :bandance:

Dan H
10-20-2009, 11:36 AM
I agree withj Kruzer31. It is unfortunate that the Palmer House hosts Sox Fest. It is terrible venue for this event. I don't plan on attending.

ohthosechisox
10-20-2009, 01:01 PM
I love SoxFest, but I've decided that I'll be holding out for Saturday/Sunday or individual passes this year. :smile:

ewokpelts
10-20-2009, 01:26 PM
paler house sucks for soxfest. plain and simple.

ChiSoxGirl
10-20-2009, 08:27 PM
I agree withj Kruzer31. It is unfortunate that the Palmer House hosts Sox Fest. It is terrible venue for this event. I don't plan on attending.

paler house sucks for soxfest. plain and simple.

I've never said I like the event at the Palmer House- I don't. However, in the grand scheme of things to me, I'd rather make the best of SoxFest at the venue no one likes than not go at all. I love that whole weekend too much.

Domeshot17
10-20-2009, 08:29 PM
I like the Palmer House, but is just me. I like the different levels.

Brian26
10-20-2009, 08:30 PM
I've never said I like the event at the Palmer House- I don't. However, in the grand scheme of things to me, I'd rather make the best of SoxFest at the venue no one likes than not go at all. I love that whole weekend too much.

No worries. He was talking about the paler house, not the Palmer House.

ChiSoxGirl
10-20-2009, 08:38 PM
No worries. He was talking about the paler house, not the Palmer House.

:roflmao:

ewokpelts
10-21-2009, 08:21 AM
PalMER house sucks too for soxfest.

try selliong things there if you're not the white sox. pretty hard.

salty99
10-21-2009, 09:36 AM

Yes I agree it is very hard selliong things anywhere!

Dan H
10-21-2009, 11:11 AM

I was a vendor at the first Palmer House Sox Fest and many vendors complained that their business was down. However, as a fan, I still don't like the Palmer House. The venue is important, and I miss the old Hyatt days.

ewokpelts
10-21-2009, 11:36 AM
I was a vendor at the first Palmer House Sox Fest and many vendors complained that their business was down. However, as a fan, I still don't like the Palmer House. The venue is important, and I miss the old Hyatt days.It was an unmitigated diaster. Also, I was forced to buy regular admission passes if i wanted to attend any of the seminars.

salty99
10-26-2009, 10:56 AM
So did everyone get their packages?

Nelfox02
10-26-2009, 12:41 PM
yep, suckered into this again....

pretty easy process tho

JermaineDye05
10-31-2009, 04:02 PM
When do they usually release the names of past/present players that will be attending Soxfest?

Brian26
10-31-2009, 09:52 PM
When do they usually release the names of past/present players that will be attending Soxfest?

Early January +/-.

kaufsox
11-09-2009, 02:47 PM
When do the weekend/individual day passes go on sale?

ewokpelts
11-09-2009, 03:06 PM
When do the weekend/individual day passes go on sale?january

salty99
12-01-2009, 11:13 AM
First set of names released:

Freddy Garcia, Jayson Nix, Jake Peavy, A.J. Pierzynski, Alexei Ramirez and Matt Thornton

BainesHOF
12-01-2009, 10:30 PM
I'm halfway surprised that Nix was invited.

Nelfox02
12-04-2009, 12:28 PM
Think the demand will be high for premium upgrades this year? I am on the fence about doing it. The sox said in a press release that they sold out "within minutes" last year, but that is bull because I didnt buy mine until about a week before the event.

A question for those of you who have attended the event for the three days and parked your car----any tips or suggestions for where to park for the event? I have always taken the train in and cabbed it over to the hotel, but this year a friend and I are consdering driving in. Any pointers on the best way to tackle the parking situation would be appreciated

beasly213
12-04-2009, 12:37 PM
Think the demand will be high for premium upgrades this year? I am on the fence about doing it. The sox said in a press release that they sold out "within minutes" last year, but that is bull because I didnt buy mine until about a week before the event.

A question for those of you who have attended the event for the three days and parked your car----any tips or suggestions for where to park for the event? I have always taken the train in and cabbed it over to the hotel, but this year a friend and I are consdering driving in. Any pointers on the best way to tackle the parking situation would be appreciated

Park in the South Loop and walk over. It's cheap if there are no events going on that day in Grant Park.

BubblingCalderon
12-04-2009, 01:30 PM

Last year they allowed people to park in the Comiskey Lots and Take the Red Line to soxfest. It was free parking and it was relatively easy to do.

Nelfox02
12-04-2009, 05:08 PM
Last year they allowed people to park in the Comiskey Lots and Take the Red Line to soxfest. It was free parking and it was relatively easy to do.

I heard that last year----but our problem is all our bags for the weekend will be in the car. Our plan was to leave them in there until we leave the event on Friday night, so that way we can avoid paying the early check in fee that they hit me with last year

tacosalbarojas
12-04-2009, 05:23 PM
I got an 'invite' from the Twins for their fan fest. Price for an adult? Eight bucks. Four for kids. No hotel package needed.

Brian26
12-04-2009, 10:01 PM
I got an 'invite' from the Twins for their fan fest. Price for an adult? Eight bucks. Four for kids. No hotel package needed.

I've seen reviews of Twinsfest on other sites, and it pales in comparison to Soxfest. A quick example: for autographs, you get in line and wait until you get to the table where two or three players will be signing. However, they rotate those players every 30-60 minutes. So, you could be in line for Mauer and Mourneau, but by the time you reach the table Sal Butera and Nick Punto might be signing.

Bruizer
12-05-2009, 01:43 PM
Does anyone know if the hotel packages are sold out? I'm having no luck trying to buy one online. :(:

Edit: Never Mind! It works now!

MinnySoxFan
12-09-2009, 07:00 PM

bad idea...because they charge for autographs. And trust me, big name player= big time $$$.

Nelfox02
12-10-2009, 12:32 PM
bad idea...because they charge for autographs. And trust me, big name player= big time $$$.

Cardinals also charge per autograph at their fan fest----its nuts. They also implemented a random email drawing system to meet Pujuls this year. I dont mind paying per autograph at a dealer show, but at a fan fest?

To me, its a matter of time until the Sox come up with a way to ruin the current autograph system in place for this event, which despite some flaws, is a heckuva lot better than the other fan fests I ve been to or heard about

tacosalbarojas
12-10-2009, 12:51 PM
bad idea...because they charge for autographs. And trust me, big name player= big time $$$.That wouldn't make a difference to me, as I am not an autograph seeker. I understand that is a big part of these things for a good pct. of people atttending though. For me, I'd prefer it though.

yazz32
01-13-2010, 10:29 AM
Did anyone get their hotel reservation confirmation yet from the Palmer House or White Sox? Still waiting on mine here.....

Nelfox02
01-14-2010, 12:06 PM
I had to email the palmer house and request mine, I will say they responded to me within 24 hours

yazz32
01-14-2010, 01:18 PM
THks. I'll email the Palmer House

salty99
01-15-2010, 03:34 PM
The hotel party Saturday is featuring an improv group.

The MVP pass special autograph session is Gordon Beckham which indicates to me he won't be signing for the public on Friday night. The special photo corner session on Saturday is with Jake Peavy.

yazz32
01-15-2010, 06:19 PM
Did they announce the schedule already? Or only MVP info?

grenda12
01-15-2010, 06:57 PM
Did they announce the schedule already? Or only MVP info?

Ive been wondering that myself. I havent seen anything in my emails nor on the Sox site.

Nelfox02
01-15-2010, 08:52 PM
Ive been wondering that myself. I havent seen anything in my emails nor on the Sox site.

no schedule unfortunately, but some of the mvp info was listed on the sox site today, under the sox fest info tab