october23sp
10-11-2009, 10:47 PM
Na na na na na na na hey hey hey goodbye.:bandance:

Viva Medias B's
10-11-2009, 10:48 PM
It Gone! (at least for MLB games)

cleanwsox
10-11-2009, 10:49 PM
I enjoyed your cheap tickets to see the Sox play. Besides that, **** you.

guillensdisciple
10-11-2009, 10:49 PM
**** you.

hi im skot
10-11-2009, 10:59 PM
Eat ****.

october23sp
10-11-2009, 11:00 PM
Proud moment in dome history: In the final minutes of the dome being used by baseball, a fan runs on the field and interrupts the game.

GoGoCrede
10-11-2009, 11:01 PM
LOL at the fan falling into the baggie. And Gardy looking :angry:. And best of all, the dejected fans.

Now people can't blame the AC anymore!

asindc
10-11-2009, 11:07 PM
The Humpdome is... is... hmm, what are the right words to use here?

gobears1987
10-11-2009, 11:08 PM
Burn it down and piss on the ashes.

asindc
10-11-2009, 11:08 PM
And thus ends MLB's questionable experiment with playing baseball in a life-sized pinball machine.

ChiSoxGirl
10-11-2009, 11:09 PM
**** you, Metrodome! You will be the least-missed "ballpark" in MLB history.

chisoxfanatic
10-11-2009, 11:23 PM
The Dome is dead!!!

The Twins don't have their crutch any more. Now, they are domed!!!

DumpJerry
10-11-2009, 11:23 PM
And thus ends MLB's questionable experiment with playing baseball in a life-sized pinball machine.
Not exactly. There is its even more horrendous cousin down in St. Pete which was built for.....the White Sox!

twinsuck
10-11-2009, 11:28 PM
**** that place.

guillensdisciple
10-11-2009, 11:32 PM
Not exactly. There is its even more horrendous cousin down in St. Pete which was built for.....the White Sox!

Yes, but this cousin lets older cousin beat him.

SoxSpeed22
10-11-2009, 11:32 PM
That dump is finally gone. **** that place, now let's play them in a real stadium.

JB98
10-11-2009, 11:37 PM
Unfortunately, I still haven't been able to put together the capital to purchase the dome, move it to North Aurora and have it imploded in a ritual ceremony.

SoxSpeed22
10-11-2009, 11:40 PM
Unfortunately, I still haven't been able to put together the capital to purchase the dome, move it to North Aurora and have it imploded in a ritual ceremony.Did you ask Hawk to be part of that investment team?

chisoxfanatic
10-11-2009, 11:41 PM
Unfortunately, I still haven't been able to put together the capital to purchase the dome, move it to North Aurora and have it imploded in a ritual ceremony.
You would've had it by now if only you copyrighted your phrase "The Twins are crappy. They are perpetual losers." The many posters here who use it could've been fined for copyright infringements.

LongLiveFisk
10-11-2009, 11:44 PM
Will it still be used for football?

Awful baseball park. Good riddance!

chisoxfanatic
10-11-2009, 11:46 PM

Yes. There are no plans for the Vikings to get a new arena.

sox1970
10-11-2009, 11:47 PM

Yes, still home of the Vikings. Even the Gophers moved out.

JB98
10-11-2009, 11:48 PM

Not if I'm able to purchase the dome and have it imploded. :D:

DumpJerry
10-11-2009, 11:48 PM
Yes, but this cousin lets older cousin beat him.

The Trop is wose. Catwalks.

You would've had it by now if only you copyrighted your phrase "The Twins are crappy. They are perpetual losers." The many posters here who use it could've been fined for copyright infringements.
Nobody in the history of the United States of America has been fined for copyright infringement(s). There is no legal mechanism for such fines.

Dibbs
10-11-2009, 11:52 PM
I just have to be a part of this thread. I've been to about 25 stadiums, and this one was the worst hands down.

tstrike2000
10-11-2009, 11:53 PM
To quote Fred Lynn after playing in the Metrodome, "It wasn't anything close to baseball, it was the worst place ever." I'll take it one step further, it may be the worst place ever to play baseball...at any level.

DumpJerry
10-11-2009, 11:53 PM
I just have to be a part of this thread. I've been to about 25 stadiums, and this one was the worst hands down.
I lived up there for the first six seasons of that dump. I quit going to baseball games because it never felt like you're at a ballgame when there.

GoGoCrede
10-11-2009, 11:54 PM
I can't imagine having season tickets to that place. There's a pic of one of my Facebook friends taken in the Dome and she's wearing a Gomez shirt. :kukoo:

ramblinsoxfan11
10-12-2009, 12:04 AM
:twinslose

october23sp
10-12-2009, 12:05 AM
I can't imagine having season tickets to that place. There's a pic of one of my Facebook friends taken in the Dome and she's wearing a Gomez shirt. :kukoo:

Exactly why I hate Twins fans. They have 2 MVPs on their team and they still choose to wear Punto and Gomez jerseys/shirts.

DumpJerry
10-12-2009, 12:07 AM
It's worse than you can imagine. It is Backwards World. When the weather is crappy and you have tickets, you want to go to the game. When the temps are in the mid 80's and there is not a cloud in the sky and there is a day game, the last thing you want to do is go to a baseball game.:kukoo:

Once while I was living up there, my buddy and I planned to go to a Saturday day game with the White Sox. Well, I woke up that Saturday and saw it was a very nice sunny day and I called my friend and we realized that it would be foolish to go to the game on such a nice day.......

DumpJerry
10-12-2009, 12:08 AM
There's a pic of one of my Facebook friends taken in the Dome and she's wearing a Gomez shirt. :kukoo:

Exactly why I hate Twins fans. They have 2 MVPs on their team and they still choose to wear Punto and Gomez jerseys/shirts.
Maybe GoGo's friend is related to Hawk.

chisoxfanatic
10-12-2009, 12:09 AM
In that ballpark, everyone can be a team MVP.

Scottiehaswheels
10-12-2009, 12:16 AM
The Dome is dead!!!

The Twins don't have their crutch any more. Now, they are domed!!!I think the point of this thread is that they are now un-domed? Doomed yes.

GoGoCrede
10-12-2009, 12:21 AM

LOL...I can't talk there. I have a Swisher shirt gathering dust in my drawer. :redface:

My friend says Gomez "excited to be playing" and that's why he's so much of a showboater.

DumpJerry
10-12-2009, 12:23 AM
LOL...I can't talk there. I have a Swisher shirt gathering dust in my drawer. :redface:
There's a huge difference between wearing it and letting it collect dust in your dresser. The former is dreaming, the later is recognizing reality.

thomas35forever
10-12-2009, 12:26 AM
Baseball is finally at peace! The sport at the Dome is no more!

DumpJerry
10-12-2009, 12:32 AM
Baseball is finally at peace! The sport at the Dome is no more!
Not quite completely at peace....
http://thatswhatimsayingguy.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/082200.jpg

GoGoCrede
10-12-2009, 12:34 AM
I texted my Twins fan friend to ask how she was doing after the sweep. She replied that she was happy because the Twins had a great run and she was proud of them.

DumpJerry
10-12-2009, 12:36 AM
I texted my Twins fan friend to ask how she was doing after the sweep. She replied that she was happy because the Twins had a great run and she was proud of them.
She forgot to mention how lucky they were. *cough* Tiger choke *cough*

Glad to hear she has a positive attitude. If she starts to feel down, have her talk to a Cub fan or two....

GoGoCrede
10-12-2009, 12:37 AM
She forgot to mention how lucky they were. *cough* Tiger choke *cough*

Glad to hear she has a positive attitude. If she starts to feel down, have her talk to a Cub fan or two....

Yeah. I hate her team, but if it had been me in her shoes, I'd have put on a brave face, too. And been livid in private. :smile:

tstrike2000
10-12-2009, 12:43 AM

Punto would be selling insurance if not playing for the Twins and all Gomez is is Jerry Owens with a cocky attitude.

DSpivack
10-12-2009, 01:16 AM

I would gladly pay royalties if the money goes to that plan. :tongue:

Hitmen77
10-12-2009, 01:17 AM
Not quite completely at peace....
http://thatswhatimsayingguy.files.wordpress.com/2009/09/082200.jpg

At least the Sox have to play at the Trop only one series in a typical year.

I won't miss the Metrodome. Ugh, what a joke of a ballpark. Besides the ridiculous advantages for the Twins, it was just ugly. On TV, it was really hard on the eyes watching a baseball game on that fake grass and that dismal indoor lighting.

BNLSox
10-12-2009, 02:46 AM
**** the twins and their **** **** ******* of a dome.

chisoxjtrain
10-12-2009, 02:54 AM
**** you very much you ****ing hell hole

asindc
10-12-2009, 03:00 AM
The Dome is crappy. It is ... well, you know.

guillensdisciple
10-12-2009, 03:07 AM
One thing will never change though, and that is Punto's head first slides to first base.

He plays such gritty baseball.

I really don't want to teal.

southside rocks
10-12-2009, 07:16 AM
One thing will never change though, and that is Punto's head first slides to first base.

He plays such gritty baseball.

I really don't want to teal.

Or third base, when he's run through the coach's stop sign and is trying to get back ahead of the tag but fails!

I really liked that. :D:

The Dome is an abomination. I fervently hope that its days as a baseball venue are OVAH!

SOXSINCE'70
10-12-2009, 07:40 AM
Burn it down and piss on the ashes.

Thank you!!!!!!:bandance::bandance:

Oblong
10-12-2009, 08:19 AM
(Borrowed from someone else)

"Our long national nightmare is over"

Red Barchetta
10-12-2009, 09:03 AM
I lived up there for the first six seasons of that dump. I quit going to baseball games because it never felt like you're at a ballgame when there.

After moving to Sarasota Florida area, I feel the same way about the Trop. US Cellular, even when it was Comskey II before the renovations, was a baseball catherdral compared to the Trop. I feel like I'm in gym class...

Mendoza Line
10-12-2009, 09:37 AM
Best thing that place had was the giant milk jug next to the outfield seats. I don't think it's been there in recent years, however. (Lucky milk)

Madvora
10-12-2009, 10:01 AM
I've only been there twice. 4/8/05 and 4/9/05. The Sox won the first two of this three game set. I can't believe my luck.

Luke
10-12-2009, 10:09 AM
So long *******! When the Vikings finally decide they need a new home, I'm going to force my way to the front of the line to push the plunger on that ****ing place.

roylestillman
10-12-2009, 11:27 AM
I take it you were never at Stade Olympique.

That said, may I never walk to a basaball game on a sunny 73 degree day and have to walk inside that awful place again. It's a terrible place to watch a tractor pull much less a ballgame.

I will miss that gush of air that pushes you out of the doors when you leave.

MARTINMVP
10-12-2009, 11:35 AM
There are quite a few stadiums that I never made it to, that I wish I would had. The old Yankee Stadium, Busch II, the old Chicago Stadium, and the old Comiskey Park.

But I am honored to say that I have never stepped foot into that dump in Minnesota and will relish the day it is blown up for good.

Even before I was a White Sox fan, I hated, HATTEDD the Twins because of that crappy stadium, and I am thankful that I will never have to watch another MLB game on TV inside that wretched place again. :bandance:

DumpJerry
10-12-2009, 11:43 AM
So long *******! When the Vikings finally decide they need a new home, I'm going to force my way to the front of the line to push the plunger on that ****ing place.
The Vikings decided long ago they need a new stadium. The state won't pay for another new stadium and the Vike's new ownership has been talking about moving the team.

Same song the Twins played.

Lip Man 1
10-12-2009, 11:47 AM
I wonder if other teams had as many problems there, or if it was only the Sox. I also wonder if any teams played very well there as visitors? The Yankees seemed to always do well there for example.

Lip

Foulke You
10-12-2009, 11:53 AM
I wonder if other teams had as many problems there, or if it was only the Sox. I also wonder if any teams played very well there as visitors? The Yankees seemed to always do well there for example.

Lip
I'm sure a lot of teams struggle in the dome. As a rule, the Twins usually have a very strong home record which means they are beating more than just the White Sox. However, I don't think any team had more spectacular implosions there than the White Sox. Perhaps Oblong or FloridaTigers can chime in but I have a feeling the Tigers haven't fared much better record-wise in the dome than us.

As far as the Yankees doing well there, I think that team simply owns the Twins in every capacity. The Twins just don't play with the same swagger against them that they do against the Sox.

Soxman219
10-12-2009, 12:07 PM
No more humpdome bounces.
No more Air Conditioner tricks.
No more basehits that would be outs in every other ballpark.
No more players like Lew Ford looking like Willie Mays in that dump.

just clear skies and an open stadium!:smile:

The Humpdome can burn baby burn IN HELL. The Twins are done.

VMSNS
10-12-2009, 12:51 PM
**** you, Dome!

Luke
10-12-2009, 12:58 PM
The Vikings decided long ago they need a new stadium. The state won't pay for another new stadium and the Vike's new ownership has been talking about moving the team.

Same song the Twins played.

I thought I would have a real problem pushing that plunger while the building is occupied. But now that I think about...not so much.

Oblong
10-12-2009, 01:05 PM
I am going to do a project comparing the road record at MN vs everywhere else for the Tigers. It'll take me some time because I can't find road records against opponents, I have to count them (didn't look very hard though). If someone can find them then I'll do the same for teh White Sox, the spreadsheet's all ready to go, just have to plug the numbers.

One gem I did find is in 1993, the Tigers went there in April and swept, outscoring them 45-9! I remember that vividly.

I'll post the results later.

MisterB
10-12-2009, 02:44 PM
So long, Humpty Dump. Good riddance to bad rubbish.

QueerGirrl
10-12-2009, 02:57 PM
**** you Humpdome and **** you Twins!!!! Let's see how you do in a real stadium *******s! God, I enjoyed that game last night. And with that...go Angels!!!

KenBerryGrab
10-12-2009, 03:11 PM
I will not miss my ears popping after leaving that dump.

I will not miss having a stiff neck from twisting to look at the plate from seats down the line.

I will not miss being in the "good seats" behind the dugout and not being able to see the result of a foul pop-up right below us.

I will not miss routine pop-ups falling and bouncing over outfielders' heads. (That one's for you, Harold).

The only thing I will miss is the proximity to the White Sox bullpen down the right field line and the balls that our players and coaches would toss to Sox fans in gear.

Viva Medias B's
10-12-2009, 10:50 PM
Ding dong the Dome is dead!

lbGxo-zaDpg&feature=related

ohthosechisox
10-13-2009, 12:49 AM
This quote sums up my goodbye to the great eyesore of the Midwest:

"You know what Dan Quisenberry said about the [Metrodome] when he first saw it, right? I dont think there are any good uses for nuclear weapons but, then, this might be one.'"
- Joe Posnanski (http://joeposnanski.com/JoeBlog/2009/10/06/riding-the-metrodome/)

TommyJohn
10-13-2009, 08:53 AM
Good riddance, you pile of crap. Thanks for nothing. I can still see that routine one-hop basehit springing over Baines' head like a superball and turning into a game-winning, inside-the-park home run. If that wasn't the sure sign that that place wasn't evil-designed, built and possessed by Satan, I don't know what was. And as I noted once in a previous thread some time ago, the guy who hit that ITP home run over Baines was Tim Teufel-and teufel is the German word for "devil." Coincidence? I think not!

Frankfan4life
10-13-2009, 03:17 PM
I hate being in the minority but I don't think the Metrodome had anything to do with why the Sox played so poorly there. Maybe the reason was more psychological than anything else.

What if the Sox don't play any better in Target Field? What are we going to blame then?

Lip Man 1
10-13-2009, 03:22 PM
Frank:

I think you have a point...this team has been mentally weak for a long time in my opinion. Kenny himself agreed with Joe Cowley asking if the team was so and the Sox have also had embarrassing performances and awful streaks in Oakland and currently Toronto this decade.

Lip

Oblong
10-13-2009, 03:54 PM
I did my study on the Tigers record there and I've concluded the Metrodome thing is most likely perception.

In 28 years, it breaks down like this, based on winning percentage: 14 seasons where the Tiger Metrodome record outpeformed the rest of the road record (road record subtracting the Metrodome record). In 13 seasons it was the other way, and in 1 season it was the same.

What I found really interesting is once the Tigers went from playing 6 games to 9 games there, it got worse. Before that it was mostly 2-4,3-3, or 4-2. The unbalanced schedule just happened to coincide with the really awful Tiger teams of 2001-2003 (3-25!) so maybe those teams were not conducive to indoor baseball. In 2007 the Tigers were 8-1 there. Take away that year and from 2001-2009 the record at the Dome is 17-57. But overall I think it's perception. That's recent history and it's fresh in my head.

It's also a case of, out of 9 games a season in one place, something flukey is bound to happen against you at some point and that's what you remember. I bet if you went through the game logs of the 9 games at Comerica Park for the Sox you can find similar things.

But it was still a crappy place to watch baseball. Don't let my findings or opinions sway you. I'm right there with you. Luckily our teams only play 3 or 4 games a year at Tropicana.

MtGrnwdSoxFan
10-13-2009, 04:01 PM
Never has there ever been such a pitiful excuse for a ballpark as the Metrodome was. All the cheap bloop hits, all the "mysterious happenings", the Twinkie breaks...

The fact that the last game ever played there was the finale of yet another Twinkie 3-n-out postseason "run" is delicious. Congratulations, Twins...you and your **** ballpark have made me do something I have never ever wanted to do...cheer like hell for the Yankees.

In conclusion, get ****ed, you worthless waste of concrete and Hefty bags.

asindc
10-13-2009, 04:07 PM
I hate being in the minority but I don't think the Metrodome had anything to do with why the Sox played so poorly there. Maybe the reason was more psychological than anything else.

What if the Sox don't play any better in Target Field? What are we going to blame then?

No one but the team itself. I think it's noteworthy to mention that no one talks about Alameda Colosseum the same way, being that it is an actual baseball park, not a life-sized pinball machine.

october23sp
10-13-2009, 07:11 PM

I agree, but now they don't have the "oh ****, the dome" mentality.

Frankfan4life
10-13-2009, 09:10 PM
I agree, but now they don't have the "oh ****, the dome" mentality.Yes, that is true. I just hope that it isn't really an "Oh ****, the Piranha's" mentality.

Oblong
10-13-2009, 09:20 PM
I think we'll see a mentality by their fans of "Oh ****, it's cold out here! Baseball isn't that much fun to watch!"

Frater Perdurabo
10-13-2009, 09:20 PM
The Twins definitely are a more fundamentally sound team than most, including and especially the Sox.

Both teams have to play on the same field, even if it's made of plastic on top of concrete. Next year, they both will play on grass.

However, playing 81 games/year in the dome means that Twins players are better able to pick up the ball there. Visiting players need time to adjust to the lighting and backdrop, and can't see the ball as well. This advantage will be neutralized at the new park.

In addition, there are the allegations of the air pressure fans being manipulated to suit the Twins (blowing in when visiting teams bat in late innings of tight games, blowing out when the Twins bat in the late innings in tight games). If this advantage did exist, it will be neutralized at the new park.

cards press box
10-13-2009, 09:29 PM
The Twins definitely are a more fundamentally sound team than most, including and especially the Sox.

Both teams have to play on the same field, even if it's made of plastic on top of concrete. Next year, they both will play on grass.

However, playing 81 games/year in the dome means that Twins players are better able to pick up the ball there. Visiting players need time to adjust to the lighting and backdrop, and can't see the ball as well. This advantage will be neutralized at the new park.

In addition, there are the allegations of the air pressure fans being manipulated to suit the Twins (blowing in when visiting teams bat in late innings of tight games, blowing out when the Twins bat in the late innings in tight games). If this advantage did exist, it will be neutralized at the new park.

One of the big advantages of the Metrodome was the combination of the hard area around home plate and the astroturf. The Twins recently had guys who was just pound the ball down around the plate and get astroturf singles. That shouldn't happen at Target Field.

By the way, does anyone know what kind of dimensions Target Field will have?

oeo
10-13-2009, 09:45 PM

No one wants to play baseball indoors. Especially over the summer when it's a nice, bright, sunny day. It's depressing.

That wasn't the only problem with the Metrodome, however. The batter's eye sucked, even Twins players have mentioned how it's hard to adjust. The poles behind the baggies, the field turf which the ball flies around on, the air conditioning, etc. The facilities as a whole sucked, and the Sox suck in most places where the facilities do...let Oakland be another example of that.

KenBerryGrab
10-13-2009, 11:56 PM
I think we'll see a mentality by their fans of "Oh ****, it's cold out here! Baseball isn't that much fun to watch!"

They didn't (and don't) come out until the end anyway. Bunch of frontrunners.

Nellie_Fox
10-14-2009, 12:56 AM
One of the big advantages of the Metrodome was the combination of the hard area around home plate and the astroturf. The Twins recently had guys who was just pound the ball down around the plate and get astroturf singles. That shouldn't happen at Target Field.

By the way, does anyone know what kind of dimensions Target Field will have?It's not Astroturf. The Field Turf they installed a few years ago is much slower than the old types of artificial turf.

Target Field dimensions:
http://www.mlb.com/min/images/ticketing/b2b/y2009/field_image.gif