PDA

View Full Version : Marlon Byrd in the OF?

Mohoney
10-11-2009, 08:44 AM
I think this guy has a few more solid years left in him. I think we can get about 3 or 4 years at an .800+ OPS with plus defense out of him.

I wouldn't mind putting him in RF and DHing Pods and completely overhauling the bullpen with any available dollars.

I could live with an OF of TCQ, Rios, Byrd LF to RF. That OF will both hit AND adequately field their positions. If Byrd seems better suited for CF, then he can switch, with Rios playing RF.

soxinem1
10-12-2009, 01:13 PM
Uh, no. Way too much the journeyman type for what we need.

He had a good season, but he is not the type of guy that would help us.

sodfatherjunior
10-12-2009, 02:13 PM
here we go again...................this will most likely be the first of many ridiculous threads with a player's name followed by a ? or ?? suggesting that the Sox go after them this offseason, there should be a pool going on how many such threads like this will occur this offseason.

oeo
10-12-2009, 02:17 PM
Byrd is a product of Rudy Jaramillo. Unfortunately, we have Greg Walker.

guillensdisciple
10-13-2009, 08:16 PM
here we go again...................this will most likely be the first of many ridiculous threads with a player's name followed by a ? or ?? suggesting that the Sox go after them this offseason, there should be a pool going on how many such threads like this will occur this offseason.

This is the worst part of the offseason- without a doubt.

Craig Grebeck
10-13-2009, 08:29 PM

He had a good season, but he is not the type of guy that would help us.
Who do you suggest?

DaveFeelsRight
10-13-2009, 09:00 PM

He had a good season, but he is not the type of guy that would help us.why not? it's a much better option than the carlos delgado idea thats going around.

kittle42
10-13-2009, 09:30 PM
here we go again...................this will most likely be the first of many ridiculous threads with a player's name followed by a ? Or ?? Suggesting that the sox go after them this offseason, there should be a pool going on how many such threads like this will occur this offseason.

o/u = 35.5

veeter
10-13-2009, 09:41 PM
here we go again...................this will most likely be the first of many ridiculous threads with a player's name followed by a ? or ?? suggesting that the Sox go after them this offseason, there should be a pool going on how many such threads like this will occur this offseason.I can't stand when you think it might be some substantiated rumor, or fact. Then it turns out to be something someone thought of lying in bed.

Brian26
10-13-2009, 10:04 PM
why not? it's a much better option than the carlos delgado idea thats going around.

Is the Delgado rumor really "going around" though?

DaveFeelsRight
10-13-2009, 10:48 PM
Is the Delgado rumor really "going around" though?ah, my mistake. should have typed "idea that's being suggested in the other thread"

Zisk77
10-14-2009, 08:14 AM
Byrd is a product of Rudy Jaramillo. Unfortunately, we have Greg Walker.

i think he is a product of something else.

Over By There
10-14-2009, 08:42 AM
This is the worst part of the offseason- without a doubt.

You prefer the "Best Italian Beef?" threads better?

(In the interest of full disclosure, I do, actually. They make me hungry.)

spawn
10-14-2009, 09:28 AM
:welcome:

kruzer31
10-14-2009, 09:48 AM
Lets get the Big Donkey Adam Dunn to hit bombs out to RF. He can be our DH for the next 5 years. Say goodbye to Dye and Thome for good and be done with it. With that said, we would have to give up a young pitcher or two.

JEFF

AnkleSox
10-14-2009, 12:20 PM
You prefer the "Best Italian Beef?" threads better?

(In the interest of full disclosure, I do, actually. They make me hungry.)

I also enjoy those threads more. They usually give me an idea of what to get for lunch if I'm having trouble deciding.

Craig Grebeck
10-14-2009, 01:44 PM
i think he is a product of something else.
Please say Ballpark at Arlington, please say Ballpark at Arlington...

Which is not to say that would be right, but I think it's still better than what I think you're implying. Correct me if I'm wrong.

DSpivack
10-14-2009, 03:18 PM
Lets get the Big Donkey Adam Dunn to hit bombs out to RF. He can be our DH for the next 5 years. Say goodbye to Dye and Thome for good and be done with it. With that said, we would have to give up a young pitcher or two.

JEFF

This may sound dumb, but I don't think the Nats are open to trading him.

Jerksticks
10-14-2009, 04:08 PM

You could have just said no to the OP's suggestion instead of this creepy, predicatable tirade. I don't know why people like you think what you said is smart, or ahead of the curve; it's not a useful discourse for a site built on public discussion. In an election of public officials, you'd be the one saying, "Just watch, I bet they talk about taxes and moral alignment; haha see i told you, stupid politicians."

As far as Marlon Byrd is concerned, I think we can do better, as well we should.

Zisk77
10-14-2009, 04:50 PM
Please say Ballpark at Arlington, please say Ballpark at Arlington...

Which is not to say that would be right, but I think it's still better than what I think you're implying. Correct me if I'm wrong.

I've posted numerous times in detail on other threads with titles suggesting we acquire Byrd and do not wish to revisit that argument.