PDA

View Full Version : When do U.S. Cellular's naming rights run out?

mzh
10-10-2009, 10:40 AM
It's hard to believe that we haven't been going down to Comiskey Park for more than 7 years now. It got me wondering, how much longer does USC hold the naming rights to the ballpark, at which point the Sox can either renew it or change it back to Comiskey?

Rohan
10-10-2009, 10:41 AM
I'm fine with US Cellular..

russ99
10-10-2009, 10:42 AM
It's hard to believe that we haven't been going down to Comiskey Park for more than 7 years now. It got me wondering, how much longer does USC hold the naming rights to the ballpark, at which point the Sox can either renew it or change it back to Comiskey?

Edit: Found it in the media guide. It's for 23 years, starting in 2003. 16 more to go.

Gonna be a long wait... By then it may be "U.S. Verizon & T Data Services" Field. :D:

chisoxfanatic
10-10-2009, 11:19 AM
I still refer to it as Comiskey Park.

sox1970
10-10-2009, 11:20 AM
The new park should have never been Comiskey Park. That closed in 1990.

skobabe8
10-10-2009, 01:11 PM
US Cellular made it possible for all of these renovations to happen. I'm fine calling it US Cellular.

MARTINMVP
10-10-2009, 01:16 PM
When the new announcement was made that the Sox were changing their ballpark, I honestly expected to hear about how this is an example of why the Sox are the second team... selling out to copororate sponsors and just another reason why the ballpark will be bland, while ignoring the obvious counterargument of how the Cubs and Tribune have done far worse in other areas.

I'm glad to see that really didn't happen, and the U.S. Cellular / White Sox relationship has been very benefitial to the Sox. I'm not sure if U.S. Cellular gets much out of the deal, but since I'm not a stockholder or in their board meetings, I am of no authority to really speculate about that.

All in all, it's been a good relationship, and I am perfectly comfortable to referring to the ballpark simply as the Cell.

#1swisher
10-10-2009, 01:25 PM

How do you pronounce it?:redneck

ramblinsoxfan11
10-10-2009, 01:39 PM
I watched Eight Men Out last weekend for the first time, and after the movie was over I felt better about the field being U.S. Cellular rather than Comiskey. The Old Roman was a cheap S.O.B.

TornLabrum
10-10-2009, 06:20 PM
I watched Eight Men Out last weekend for the first time, and after the movie was over I felt better about the field being U.S. Cellular rather than Comiskey. The Old Roman was a cheap S.O.B.

"Eight Men Out" as it turns out was primarily a work of fiction. A search of Eliot Asinof's papers showed that the people he supposedly interviewed weren't interviewed. A lot of the stuff was made up.

If you read "Stealing First" by Richard Lindberg, you'll find that Comiskey, although not lavish in his spending wasn't as much of a piker as Asinof made him out to be. In fact Comiskey the cheapskate was Asinof's plot device to furnish the book with a villain.

Lip Man 1
10-10-2009, 08:17 PM
Ken Burns and many other baseball historians have provided evidence showing just how 'miserly' Comiskey was. In fact on the White Sox own DVD released in June of the greatest moments, there are comments about how difficult it was to play for him because of his ways.

I mean the players having to maintain and wash their own uniforms? Giving them flat champagne for winning the pennant? Giving them a "bonus" for doing it and than later saying that was an "advance" on next year's salary??

The Bible says 'you reap what you sow...' Comiskey sowed the seeds of what eventually led to one of the greatest scandal's in history and cost him millions more in lost revenue and having to spend incredible money for the time to try to rebuild his shattered franchise. He would have been better off just giving the players an average wage compared to the rest of the league.

This was a case again of baseball ownership trying to show everyone who was boss and having it blow up in their face.

Lip

asindc
10-10-2009, 08:21 PM

So do I.

TornLabrum
10-10-2009, 08:35 PM
Ken Burns and many other baseball historians have provided evidence showing just how 'miserly' Comiskey was. In fact on the White Sox own DVD released in June of the greatest moments, there are comments about how difficult it was to play for him because of his ways.

I mean the players having to maintain and wash their own uniforms? Giving them flat champagne for winning the pennant? Giving them a "bonus" for doing it and than later saying that was an "advance" on next year's salary??

The Bible says 'you reap what you sow...' Comiskey sowed the seeds of what eventually led to one of the greatest scandal's in history and cost him millions more in lost revenue and having to spend incredible money for the time to try to rebuild his shattered franchise. He would have been better off just giving the players an average wage compared to the rest of the league.

This was a case again of baseball ownership trying to show everyone who was boss and having it blow up in their face.

Lip

The problem with Ken Burns and a lot of baseball historians is that they used Asinof's book as a source assuming (even though it wasn't footnoted) that he had actually done the interviews that he claimed to have done with some of the Black Sox players. He didn't. We had a thread here recently in which a lot of Asinof's claims from "Eight Men Out" were debunked.

I wonder if Comiskey got his flat champagne from an ancestor of Bill Wirtz...

october23sp
10-10-2009, 10:14 PM
I don't mind US Cellular. Calling it "The Cell" is our own thing.

sullythered
10-10-2009, 10:28 PM
I used to call it Sox Park, but in recent years, I have called it "The Cell" pretty much all the time.

Frontman
10-10-2009, 10:53 PM
US Cellular made it possible for all of these renovations to happen. I'm fine calling it US Cellular.

And I always look at it as the fact the Sox used that naming rights money; freeing up funds to improve the team in other ways.

A few years later, a World Championship.

I wouldn't care if they renamed the ballpark every 5 years.

HomeFish
10-11-2009, 03:36 AM
In 2003 I posted something to the effect of "I don't care if they renamed this team the Chicago Cellphones, as long as they win".

I have the same view today. US Cellular Field is a modern, amenities-full ballpark where a World Championship team once played (twice if you count the Marlins). I'm proud to be associated with it.

Red Barchetta
10-11-2009, 09:23 AM

I agree although I refer to it as "The Cell" more often than not. To me Comskey Park will always be the old ballpark across the street. I refer to New Comiskey in it's original sterile form as the "Reinsdorf Park of Addison."

The funds U.S. Cellular provided have literally transformed the ballpark and the fan experience. I am surprised however in the crazy telco world that U.S. Cellular hasn't been taken over yet. Verizon Park may be in our future.

Jerko
10-11-2009, 09:27 AM
Great, 16 more years of this idiot?

http://www.adrants.com/images/robot-dance.jpg

Hope your cousin Sally leaves you out in the rain.

I still call it Sox park or the Cell

dickallen15
10-11-2009, 09:32 AM
And I always look at it as the fact the Sox used that naming rights money; freeing up funds to improve the team in other ways.

A few years later, a World Championship.

I wouldn't care if they renamed the ballpark every 5 years.

The Sox would have never, ever, used their own funds for renovations. US Cellular's funds did improve the ballpark, but had no effect on the White Sox spending. Things would eventually have changed as there is money from the Authority for renovations every year. The new roof may never have happened, but the seats would have turned green eventually. The bullpens were changed before the money came in. Some of the other stuff may not have happened. It wasn't US Cellular's cash that built that new entrance at Gate 5. In that new building, there is a large area unfinished with doors along 35th St. Does anyone know if that is going to be the bar they were talking about or maybe a gift shop?

TommyJohn
10-11-2009, 09:41 AM
I watched Eight Men Out last weekend for the first time, and after the movie was over I felt better about the field being U.S. Cellular rather than Comiskey. The Old Roman was a cheap S.O.B.WARNING: Do NOT watch movies for history lessons.

TommyJohn
10-11-2009, 09:50 AM
"Eight Men Out" as it turns out was primarily a work of fiction. A search of Eliot Asinof's papers showed that the people he supposedly interviewed weren't interviewed. A lot of the stuff was made up.

If you read "Stealing First" by Richard Lindberg, you'll find that Comiskey, although not lavish in his spending wasn't as much of a piker as Asinof made him out to be. In fact Comiskey the cheapskate was Asinof's plot device to furnish the book with a villain.Another source (Gene Carney, I believe) looked at Asinof's notes and found that he never interviewed Eddie Cicotte. He did, however, offer to make Comiskey look like the villian in exchange for Cicotte's cooperation, which still was not forthcoming. Contemporaneous evidence (a Cicotte deposition given to Alfred Austrian) suggests that he got his figure of $10,000 for the fix not because of a reneged bonus of that same figure, but because rumors were flying around baseball that one or more mebers of the 1918 Cubs were offered (or paid, it isn't certain) that amount of money to fix the 1918 series against Boston.

Sorry. Thread hijack over.

TomBradley72
10-11-2009, 11:48 AM

So you live in a universe where we still haven't won the series since 1917?

soxinem1
10-11-2009, 07:42 PM

I second that. It should have been named Reinsdorf Field or John Q. Taxpayer Municipal Stadium.

WhiteSoxOnly
10-11-2009, 08:12 PM
The problem with Ken Burns and a lot of baseball historians is that they used Asinof's book as a source assuming (even though it wasn't footnoted) that he had actually done the interviews that he claimed to have done with some of the Black Sox players. He didn't. We had a thread here recently in which a lot of Asinof's claims from "Eight Men Out" were debunked.

I wonder if Comiskey got his flat champagne from an ancestor of Bill Wirtz...

No way either of them would have paid for the delivery charges.

BigKlu59
10-11-2009, 08:37 PM
:cool: But they both would have slipped a Grant to a Goof to kick the crap out of the peanut vendor down the block...

Agree with the Literary Sage Lip.... The Roman found out that "My Way or the Highway" lands you at the Dead End of life near the Landfill of lost Dreams...

BigKlu59

twinsuck
10-11-2009, 08:39 PM
In 2003 I posted something to the effect of "I don't care if they renamed this team the Chicago Cellphones, as long as they win".

I have the same view today. US Cellular Field is a modern, amenities-full ballpark where a World Championship team once played (twice if you count the Marlins). I'm proud to be associated with it.
What do you mean by that? :scratch:

sox1970
10-11-2009, 08:57 PM
What do you mean by that? :scratch:

Marlins hosted the Expos at the Cell in September, 2004.

SoxFan1979
10-11-2009, 09:26 PM
I agree although I refer to it as "The Cell" more often than not. To me Comskey Park will always be the old ballpark across the street. I refer to New Comiskey in it's original sterile form as the "Reinsdorf Park of Addison."

The funds U.S. Cellular provided have literally transformed the ballpark and the fan experience. I am surprised however in the crazy telco world that U.S. Cellular hasn't been taken over yet. Verizon Park may be in our future.

It could be in the near future. US Cell is not doing so hot. They are losing tons of customers last year and it continues this year. They are still the 6th biggest carrier in the US but they are still only a regional company with declining customer base.

guillensdisciple
10-11-2009, 10:26 PM
I really enjoy calling it the cell. It adds some coolness to our stadium.

DumpJerry
10-11-2009, 11:03 PM

Ditto.

When the new announcement was made that the Sox were changing their ballpark, I honestly expected to hear about how this is an example of why the Sox are the second team... selling out to copororate sponsors and just another reason why the ballpark will be bland, while ignoring the obvious counterargument of how the Cubs and Tribune have done far worse in other areas.

It always cracks me up that the Cubs have the original corporate named stadium and they never got a penny for the naming rights.

If you read "Stealing First" by Richard Lindberg, you'll find that Comiskey, although not lavish in his spending wasn't as much of a piker as Asinof made him out to be. In fact Comiskey the cheapskate was Asinof's plot device to furnish the book with a villain.
He failed to read the grand jury testimony related to the case. That is like me thinking the guy across the street has lung cancer because I heard him cough once or twice. Jumping to conclusions.

Rdy2PlayBall
10-11-2009, 11:24 PM
Cellular is a tongue-twister for me by itself so I call it Sox Park or Comiskey anyway. :redneck

If it brings in lots money, it can be called Gerber Baby Park for all I care. I wish they kept it Comiskey though. :(:

JNS
10-11-2009, 11:55 PM

Lip

Of course Comiskey was an ******* - most of his fellow owners were just as bad in one way or another or close to it. Same with AL founder and president Ban Johnson, and judge Landis. Whether or not Asinof did legit research or not, Comiskey's salary structure and contemporary rep indicate that it is at least partially true.

It should be added that gamblers and ballplayers hung in the same milieu in those days and there were lots of rumors and incidents, at least one which involved Ty Cobb. I seem to remember Nap LaJoie being named too. So it was much more common than now. And we are talking about a much rawer and more accessible world than the rarefied one today's major leaguers occupy - one of urban hotels, such as the Del Prado, the Southerland, and the Piccadilly on the South Side, pool rooms, saloons, the Police Gazette, and "sporting gentlemen." You Know Me Al gives some hints of what it was like back then.

There is a fantastic book called The Lords Of Baseball by Harold Parrot, who was a reporter and then the Dodgers traveling secretary in the 30s, 40s, and 50s. He tells amazing stories about flaky, ****head owners. There was a guy who owned the Giants back in the teens who made Comiskey look downright benevolent. Various members of the McPhail family and a host of other goofballs show that Comiskey might have been worse than most in the compensation department, but in other ways he was about average.

Hitmen77
10-12-2009, 12:07 AM

I agree 100%. As far as naming rights go, the Sox did a great job in making clear that the $$$ were going only to ballpark renovations. Plus the renovations themselves have been excellent and have far surpassed what I was expecting.

If the naming rights deal ends in 16 years, then I'd wonder if that means that there'd possibly be a new deal at that time to make further improvements to the ballpark.

doublem23
10-12-2009, 12:25 AM
If the naming rights deal ends in 16 years, then I'd wonder if that means that there'd possibly be a new deal at that time to make further improvements to the ballpar,.

When does the Sox's lease with the Cell end? Hell, by then, I'd almost expect them to try and milk the state for another new ballpark.

ewokpelts
10-12-2009, 10:45 AM
I agree 100%. As far as naming rights go, the Sox did a great job in making clear that the $$$ were going only to ballpark renovations. Plus the renovations themselves have been excellent and have far surpassed what I was expecting.

If the naming rights deal ends in 16 years, then I'd wonder if that means that there'd possibly be a new deal at that time to make further improvements to the ballpark.

When does the Sox's lease with the Cell end? Hell, by then, I'd almost expect them to try and milk the state for another new ballpark.The naming rights deals ends right about the time of the expanded lease ends. Sox had an original lease for 20 years with a sox option for a 5 year extension. They took that PLUS an additional 9-10 year extension to seal the naming rights deal.

I fully expect the Sox to look into getting a new facility by the end of the naming rights deal.

Lip Man 1
10-12-2009, 10:45 AM
Double:

The original lease agreement was for 15 years so that ran out in 2006. I think, if memory serves they signed another deal for 20 years so that would put it at 2026. This is the Sox and U.S. Cellular Field.

Lip

downstairs
10-12-2009, 12:58 PM
It always cracks me up that the Cubs have the original corporate named stadium and they never got a penny for the naming rights.

To be fair, it was named after Wrigley the person. They made that pretty clear. Yeah, he also owned a company named after himself, so I'm sure the free advertising was understood.

MARTINMVP
10-12-2009, 02:29 PM
Eitherway, we are a long ways off until we have to worry about getting a new ballpark, so we have many years to enjoy our current gem.

For all the talk about being sterile and lame, I think standing in the concourse behind the left field seats with my beer and a group of friends is the absolute best spot to watch a ball game, and still hang out with my friends.

jmeneghini1433
10-13-2009, 09:32 AM
I just call it US Cellular.

SOXSINCE'70
10-13-2009, 09:35 AM

I will ALWAYS refer to it as Comiskey Park.

The Critic
10-13-2009, 11:03 AM
Comiskey Park II was an eyesore.
US Cellular's money turned it into a damn nice ballpark.
I have no problem calling it US Cellular Field or The Cell.

tstrike2000
10-13-2009, 01:15 PM
I never really minded US Cellular as the name since it was just a business decision anyway. I personally refer to it as Comiskey because some of my Scrub fan friends will sometimes refer to it as the "Cell Block" or something stupid along those lines, so I just ignore those comments and just say Comiskey.

Medford Bobby
10-13-2009, 04:42 PM
I'm almost 50 now and am planning to spend most of my adult life out west here, so maybe I might get to a hand full of games over the next several years, so Old Comiskey Park will always be my original field, while the new field will be called what ever future generations want it to be......

Also I find it scary that any one that was at least 5 yrs old in 1990 and now is about 25 have had their formative years of White Sox baseball in the new yard. Where as the new building to me will always seem foreign.....:scratch:

( I think I have been to only 3 games since 1991.....ouch!)

Daver
10-13-2009, 05:08 PM
Comiskey Park was a ballpark on the north side of 35th st, a magical place where fly balls went to die, the building that sits on the south side of 35th st is NOT Comiskey Park. I disagreed with naming it that when they built it.

Hitmen77
10-14-2009, 08:02 AM
When does the Sox's lease with the Cell end? Hell, by then, I'd almost expect them to try and milk the state for another new ballpark.

The naming rights deals ends right about the time of the expanded lease ends. Sox had an original lease for 20 years with a sox option for a 5 year extension. They took that PLUS an additional 9-10 year extension to seal the naming rights deal.

I fully expect the Sox to look into getting a new facility by the end of the naming rights deal.

Wow, it didn't even occur to me that the Sox would be looking for a new stadium in only another 16 years. I don't know, at that point the Cell will be 35 years old and many cities have recently demolished stadiums that were about that old. But those were cookie cutter, multipurpose facilities. I think the Cell will age much better than those places (especially as the neighborhood continues to improve).

Of course, in all likelihood, the Sox will be under new ownership 16 years from now. So, it's anyone's guess at this point at what the Sox will do at the end of the lease.

Hitmen77
10-14-2009, 08:16 AM
I'm almost 50 now and am planning to spend most of my adult life out west here, so maybe I might get to a hand full of games over the next several years, so Old Comiskey Park will always be my original field, while the new field will be called what ever future generations want it to be......

Also I find it scary that any one that was at least 5 yrs old in 1990 and now is about 25 have had their formative years of White Sox baseball in the new yard. Where as the new building to me will always seem foreign.....:scratch:

( I think I have been to only 3 games since 1991.....ouch!)

It's not just 25 year olds. I'm 41 and I too have more memories of the new park than the old one. I started following the Sox as a kid in '77 and they were only at the old park 14 years before it closed. While those were my formative years, I only went to a handful of games at the old park. Aside from the '77 and '83 seasons (which were both magical), the Sox had mostly forgettable teams with only a few memorable players and goofy uniforms that changed every few years during this period.

Next year will be the 20th season at the new park. I'm been to countless games there. There have already been many great memories at the new park. To me it's the park of Ventura, Thomas, Black Jack, Maggs, Paulie, Buehrle, AJ, Thome, etc. It's the place where Bo Jackson hit a HR in his first game back, Robin hit that dramatic walk-off grand slam, a no-hitter and a perfect game, Thome's 500th, the entire 2005 season, and many other great moments. I also think the place looks great post-renovations. :cool:

Red Barchetta
10-14-2009, 08:23 AM
Wow, it didn't even occur to me that the Sox would be looking for a new stadium in only another 16 years. I don't know, at that point the Cell will be 35 years old and many cities have recently demolished stadiums that were about that old. But those were cookie cutter, multipurpose facilities. I think the Cell will age much better than those places (especially as the neighborhood continues to improve).

Of course, in all likelihood, the Sox will be under new ownership 16 years from now. So, it's anyone's guess at this point at what the Sox will do at the end of the lease.

I heard St. Petersburg is already putting together a package that includes a new ballpark to attract the White Sox and entice them to move away from Chicago. :tongue:

Red Barchetta
10-14-2009, 08:24 AM
It's not just 25 year olds. I'm 41 and I too have more memories of the new park than the old one. I started following the Sox as a kid in '77 and they were only at the old park 14 years before it closed. While those were my formative years, I only went to a handful of games at the old park. Aside from the '77 and '83 seasons (which were both magical), the Sox had mostly forgettable teams with only a few memorable players and goofy uniforms that changed every few years during this period.

Next year will be the 20th season at the new park. I'm been to countless games there. There have already been many great memories at the new park. To me it's the park of Ventura, Thomas, Black Jack, Maggs, Paulie, Buehrle, AJ, Thome, etc. It's the place where Bo Jackson hit a HR in his first game back, Robin hit that dramatic walk-off grand slam, a no-hitter and a perfect game, Thome's 500th, the entire 2005 season, and many other great moments. I also think the place looks great post-renovations. :cool:

Well said. I hope someday US Cellular will be the home of 4-5 World Series titles! Let's start with #2 first however....

Steelrod
10-14-2009, 09:03 AM
Well said. I hope someday US Cellular will be the home of 4-5 World Series titles! Let's start with #2 first however....
It currently holds the record for most World Series championships in Chicago.

EndemicSox
10-14-2009, 09:09 AM

Lip

Agreed, color me happy Comiskey's name isn't on the stadium anymore. I don't believe a man like him deserved it.

eriqjaffe
10-14-2009, 10:11 AM
If you're a stickler for the old name,

http://www.nomas-nyc.com/product_comiskey.html

...nice thing is that a portion of the proceeds go to the Greater Chicago Food Depository.

TomBradley72
10-15-2009, 11:21 AM

I thought the revenues for the ballpark mostly came from rental car surcharges, hotel surcharges, etc....so wasn't it mostly funded by business/tourist travel vs. citizens of Illinois?

Dan H
10-15-2009, 11:58 AM
I can't stand "The Cell" as a knickname. I didn't like the name change no matter how much money it generated. However, I have accepted that the name "Comiskey" has been relegated to history. Winning is still the most important thing.

tacosalbarojas
10-15-2009, 12:26 PM
Agreed, color me happy Comiskey's name isn't on the stadium anymore. I don't believe a man like him deserved it.
I agree with the points Lip makes - anyone whose followed the team on a more than cursory level knows the negative history of Charlie Comiskey, and I don't get bothered by the Cell name, but let's also remember that Comiskey has at least a conflicted legacy in history and let's further remember that Comiskey started the franchise and is the main man responsible for the White Sox being in Chicago to begin with. The man does have a statue on the concourse, and I think that is probably an appropriate way to mark his legacy.

ewokpelts
10-15-2009, 03:27 PM
I thought the revenues for the ballpark mostly came from rental car surcharges, hotel surcharges, etc....so wasn't it mostly funded by business/tourist travel vs. citizens of Illinois?the current faqcility's bonds are paid through a hotel TAX in chicago.

Waysouthsider
10-16-2009, 01:43 PM
Comiskey is gone....I think the "cell" is a great name and if you think about those wind screens in the outfield the place looks like it could be a backdrop from Joliet!

Agreed on all of the eight men out comments...there has been some significant recent research on the issue of the veracity of that movie.

This link has some very cool discussion generated by the chicagolawyermag publication last month:

http://ballhype.com/story/black-sox-it-aint-so-kid-it-just-aint-so/

RedPinStripes
10-16-2009, 03:25 PM

Thank you.

RedPinStripes
10-16-2009, 03:28 PM
Comiskey is gone....I think the "cell" is a great name and if you think about those wind screens in the outfield the place looks like it could be a backdrop from Joliet!

http://ballhype.com/story/black-sox-it-aint-so-kid-it-just-aint-so/

I have no idea what that means.

Waysouthsider
10-16-2009, 04:10 PM
Red,

The link takes you to some discussion of the "eight men out" research from earlier in the thread. There has been some interesting new work done lately. It always amazes me that there is a whole subgroup at SABR dedicated to just researching the 1917 story.

The outfield screens remind me of a cheesy prison backdrop like what you might see in the final scene of the Blues Brothers. "Cell" = "Cell".....?

Sorry to be obtuse...

Railsplitter
10-16-2009, 04:16 PM
Not entirely off topic: did anybody pick up U.S. Cellular as a wireless provider after the bought the naming rights to the park?

Red Barchetta
10-16-2009, 05:19 PM
Not entirely off topic: did anybody pick up U.S. Cellular as a wireless provider after the bought the naming rights to the park?

No, but I do have a higher tolerance for Joan Cusak now. :D:

RedPinStripes
10-17-2009, 09:43 AM
Red,

The link takes you to some discussion of the "eight men out" research from earlier in the thread. There has been some interesting new work done lately. It always amazes me that there is a whole subgroup at SABR dedicated to just researching the 1917 story.

The outfield screens remind me of a cheesy prison backdrop like what you might see in the final scene of the Blues Brothers. "Cell" = "Cell".....?

Sorry to be obtuse...

For the record, I live on the west end of Joliet. :redneck

FielderJones
10-17-2009, 01:16 PM
It always amazes me that there is a whole subgroup at SABR dedicated to just researching the 1917 story.

1919. The 1917 Sox were legit World Series winners.

dakuda
10-17-2009, 03:16 PM

I did a few years ago. It had nothing to do with the sponsorship though, other than I may not have heard of them otherwise. I went with them based on the $10 savings per month over everyone else I was looking at, plus free incoming.

Sam Spade
10-19-2009, 02:12 AM
No, but I do have a higher tolerance for Joan Cusak now. :D:
Me too. I still want to stab her in the face, but now I'm not actively planning it.