PDA

View Full Version : Season ticket holder survey

chisoxfanatic
10-10-2009, 12:23 AM
Did anyone else fill in the season ticket holder survey? If so, what were some of the suggestions you put down?

I made mention that it would be nice for the players to be more accessible to season ticket holders...perhaps having a season ticket holder night on an off day where the players take BP and sign autographs at the ballpark. I think that would be a very cool event!

TheCommander
10-10-2009, 12:25 AM
I am not a STH, but that sounds like a great idea!

JB98
10-10-2009, 12:27 AM
I suggested getting rid of some of the obnoxious music. I don't need to know how to spell "Rowdie" anymore.

chisoxfanatic
10-10-2009, 12:29 AM
I suggested getting rid of some of the obnoxious music. I don't need to know how to spell "Rowdie" anymore.
Yea, I agree...I said something about getting rid of the Chevy Pride Crew and other gimmicks of the like as well.

DumpJerry
10-10-2009, 12:49 AM
They already have Beckham and Pods come over for dinner at my place from time to time.

Seriously though, they need the time off to rest up.

Rdy2PlayBall
10-10-2009, 12:54 AM
I didn't take it, and I also don't know if they consider the Ozzie plan season tickets... I loved the Grinder Bash, so I hope they do more things like that... kind of like what you said you mentioned.

Also, even if the Ozzie plan isn't "season tickets", it would still be nice to be able to go down to the 100 level section with 500 level tickets, since I did guarantee them $750 before the season even started. You know? :redneck

dickallen15
10-10-2009, 07:43 AM
Personally, I thought the survey was mainly for them to get an idea of a renewal rate. Some of the questions were just fluff like "Do you want the White Sox to sign big name free agents?" Like they are going to take our advice.As Bobby Knight once famously said, "If you listen to the fans, you wind up sitting next to them."

roylestillman
10-10-2009, 08:46 AM
Yea, I agree...I said something about getting rid of the Chevy Pride Crew and other gimmicks of the like as well.

I've softened up on this stuff in recent years. I still can't stand it, but the rush of people when those free T shirts start flying convinces me that some folks like it. Same is true of mascots.

I filled out the survey yesterday. As some have said it seemed to look into the why or why nots of people renewing. (The "rate your Pride, Paasion, Loyalty, Devotion..." part was a bit much) I suggested some computerized seating chart whereby STH, based on seniority, could look up available seats and upgrade or just change locations.

Steelrod
10-10-2009, 11:16 AM
I suggested they put a retractable roof over the Cell so I don't have to freeze my ass off during April,May,June,July,September & October.
Keep it closed in August also so the AC will work better.

DumpJerry
10-10-2009, 12:12 PM
Indoor baseball goes against the Will of God.

JB98
10-10-2009, 02:17 PM

The guy I share my season tickets with hates the Chevy Pride Crew. Isn't the corporate contract with GM set to expire this year?

oeo
10-10-2009, 02:22 PM

Is the CPC really that big of a deal?

JB98
10-10-2009, 02:46 PM
Is the CPC really that big of a deal?

I think people dislike it because it makes the ballpark experience seem minor-league.

SOXfnNlansing
10-10-2009, 04:46 PM
I filled it out and said basically everything I've said on here before.

Martinigirl
10-11-2009, 11:48 AM
The only real criticisms I had was the lack of quality/quantity ushers at the game. Our season tickets are handicapped seats (for my father) and finding an usher to get the chairs is getting almost impossible. And it would be great if the ushers didn't put their friends in our area and tell us to go to another area - which happened to my parents this year.

And I asked if they could refrain from the annual "White Sox Tradition" of raising parking prices $2 a game, which would then put parking $25 a game.

Lastly, I said I hated the ad campaign. The funny commercials in the beginning were one thing, but the ones toward the end were just irritating.

Jerko
10-11-2009, 12:00 PM
I told them they should try to figure out how to electronically let us trade in our unused tickets instead of giving us a form and 4 games to choose from.

dakuda
10-11-2009, 12:02 PM
The only real criticisms I had was the lack of quality/quantity ushers at the game. Our season tickets are handicapped seats (for my father) and finding an usher to get the chairs is getting almost impossible. And it would be great if the ushers didn't put their friends in our area and tell us to go to another area - which happened to my parents this year.

And I asked if they could refrain from the annual "White Sox Tradition" of raising parking prices $2 a game, which would then put parking $25 a game.

Lastly, I said I hated the ad campaign. The funny commercials in the beginning were one thing, but the ones toward the end were just irritating.

The way that they have handed my father when he came to games this year has been terrible. Once, no usher ever came to pick him up after the game. We waited until the park was basically empty and he walked to Guest Relations to get a chair.

There were a couple other bad experiences with that as well.

ewokpelts
10-12-2009, 11:47 AM

Lastly, I said I hated the ad campaign. The funny commercials in the beginning were one thing, but the ones toward the end were just irritating.full and partial plan parking passes are $18 a game as of now.

Chez
10-12-2009, 12:56 PM

Me too. I also suggested they use the video board to show more replays. I know they aren't supposed to show replays of close/controversial plays, but they rarely show replays of GREAT plays -- offensive or defensive.

itsnotrequired
10-12-2009, 09:02 PM

i said it this year and every previous year. it isn't the music itself so much as the volume. good grief, is that stuff loud.

Brian26
10-12-2009, 10:40 PM

The last two sets of commercials were embarrassing. I'm talking about the "garage parties" and "peanuts in the 6th inning."

Daver
10-12-2009, 10:42 PM
The last two sets of commercials were embarrassing. I'm talking about the "garage parties" and "peanuts in the 6th inning."

I think the Sox made a mistake in switching ad agencies.

BainesHOF
10-13-2009, 12:46 AM

I agree. I can't believe anybody thought it was a good idea to run those.

LongLiveFisk
10-13-2009, 08:53 PM

And on top of that, they don't even spell it right. :scratch: