PDA

View Full Version : White Sox Talk New Contract with Pods

DirtySox
10-09-2009, 04:48 PM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/chi-10-white-sox-bitsoct10,0,2069939.story

Rockabilly
10-09-2009, 04:50 PM
I guess that means no Figgins :-(

JermaineDye05
10-09-2009, 04:53 PM
Please, no Pods. He was a great story this year but I don't see him doing it again and he hurts us on the field and on the base paths.

Frontman
10-09-2009, 05:08 PM

No, it means that Kenny isn't waiting. Pods can easily become a 4th outfielder in a heartbeat.

Rockabilly
10-09-2009, 05:09 PM
No, it means that Kenny isn't waiting. Pods can easily become a 4th outfielder in a heartbeat.

I don't mind Pods as a 4th OF just don't want him as a starter.

Frontman
10-09-2009, 05:10 PM
I don't mind Pods as a 4th OF just don't want him as a starter.

I feel better IF they sign Pods; then go after Figgins. That way, although Pods isn't the first choice for a lead-off man; he's still better than Getz/Nix/Ramierez/Lillibridge, etc.

For once, Kenny might cover his bases first before going after that elusive player we all want.

russ99
10-09-2009, 05:13 PM
Please, no Pods. He was a great story this year but I don't see him doing it again and he hurts us on the field and on the base paths.

Really, how does Scott hurt us on the field and on the basepaths?

The guy had 2 errors all year. We don't expect great range out of him anymore, so why not DH him or platoon him in LF? He may not be a gold glover, but he's adequate.

On the basepaths, I'll take the 30 steals along with a couple of ugly-looking pickoffs. And at least he's aggressive and takes extra bases, which many of our slow plodding players can't do.

Even if his 2009 numbers are a bit of an aberration, he's not that far above his career numbers. And he's better at what he does than anyone currently on the team or in the system, with the possible exception or Rios and Mitchell.

As long as the guy can stay healthy (which he's taken steps to ensure) he's got a place on any future Sox team as far as I'm concerned.

Let me put it this way - would you rather sign Pods to a below-market deal (which he's probably do, considering the Sox gave him a second chance when no one else would) or sign someone like Coco Crisp for $3M plus?

I'm not advocating him as the solution for leadoff next season, but he could be in the mix and will be valuable even if the Sox go out and get a more accomplished leadoff guy.

oeo
10-09-2009, 05:25 PM
The guy had 2 errors all year. We don't expect great range out of him anymore, so why not DH him or platoon him in LF? He may not be a gold glover, but he's adequate.

Errors are a terrible way to judge a defender, especially on outfielder, unless there are a ton of them.

On the basepaths, I'll take the 30 steals along with a couple of ugly-looking pickoffs. And at least he's aggressive and takes extra bases, which many of our slow plodding players can't do.

Haha, it's a lot worse than a couple of pick offs.

soxinem1
10-09-2009, 05:28 PM
Really, how does Scott hurt us on the field and on the basepaths?

Even if his 2009 numbers are a bit of an aberration, he's not that far above his career numbers. And he's better at what he does than anyone currently on the team or in the system, with the possible exception or Rios and Mitchell.

As long as the guy can stay healthy (which he's taken steps to ensure) he's got a place on any future Sox team as far as I'm concerned.

Let me put it this way - would you rather sign Pods to a below-market deal (which he's probably do, considering the Sox gave him a second chance when no one else would) or sign someone like Coco Crisp for $3M plus?

I'm not advocating him as the solution for leadoff next season, but he could be in the mix and will be valuable even if the Sox go out and get a more accomplished leadoff guy.

I agree with everything you stated, but if they sign him and he is as productive leading off as he was this year, I'd have no fear of Pods in the lineup everyday.

My real concern with him are the injuries. That has been the thing that has hampered every other season with the White Sox except this one.

But seeing that KW does not have the $$$$ to sign another alternative, and also seeing that anyone who has even a good LOH with speed may not be inclined to trade him, there may be no other alternatives.

Plus, Getz will have a full season under his belt and should be much better for the experience.

Foulke You
10-09-2009, 05:42 PM
Errors are a terrible way to judge a defender, especially on outfielder, unless there are a ton of them.

Haha, it's a lot worse than a couple of pick offs.
The defense Pods brought graded out as average based on UZR and plus-minus. He wasn't great out there but he didn't really kill us out there either. You are right about his base running though. He was pretty abysmal this year. Besides getting picked off a lot, he also got doubled off on a lot of soft line drives where he was watching paint dry rather than get back to the base. However, I don't remember Pods being so bad at base running from 2005-2007 which makes me think that maybe he just had an off year on the basepaths. As a 4th outfielder and leadoff man insurance policy in case the "big fish" get away, I'm not against KW bringing him back.

GlassSox
10-09-2009, 05:45 PM
Pods really performed for us this year and he was a spark plug this year. If the price is right and it should be, what does it hurt to have him on the roster. He stepped up this year big time when others did not.

russ99
10-09-2009, 05:49 PM
People just need to consider the big picture. Sure, Scott made a few really ugly plays at times, but that's always more memorable than steady solid production, which no one can deny that he's given us in 2009.

I think why most people who want Pods gone are up in arms about is going cheap and giving him a full-time spot in lieu of better options, which I agree would be a bad move on Kenny's (and Jerry's) part.

But as he showed this year, he can be a very valuable fill-in in case of injury or platooning at a spot or two to give him more at-bats.

The other thing people forget is that Figgins is just as much an injury risk as Pods is, but they want to bring him in at $8M, and don't want to sign Pods at $1.5-2M

JermaineDye05
10-09-2009, 05:50 PM
Pods can't be a 4th OF IMO because usually you want your 4th OF to be a stellar defender which Pods is not and he can't be a pinch runner because he loses concentration on the basepaths too much.

As oeo stated, it's a lot worse than a couple pickoffs. He gets doubled up on pop-ups too. He lets pitchers off the hook too much, many potential big innings go for naught as a result.

I think we all remember the game that he helped us lose in Seattle. Granted, the lack of offense had a lot to do with that but when you're the go ahead on 3rd base run with 1 out in the 10th inning you should never be getting picked off.

Pablo_Honey
10-09-2009, 05:58 PM
Well, if we had other options at leadoff, Pods won't be valuable to us at all, but we are talking about a team that had to put Nick Swisher at lead off in one season. Beckham profiles better as a #2 or #3 hitter, and unless Jordan Danks or Jared Mitchell was suddenly MLB-ready, we don't have a better option at leadoff. Granted, if Scotty is looking for a multi-year deal that gets him more than 2 mil per season, then he better be looking for other teams to sign him. However, a one-year deal around around 1.5 - 2 mil isn't so bad.

ChiSoxGirl
10-09-2009, 06:08 PM

Absolutely!

I feel better IF they sign Pods; then go after Figgins. That way, although Pods isn't the first choice for a lead-off man; he's still better than Getz/Nix/Ramierez/Lillibridge, etc.

For once, Kenny might cover his bases first before going after that elusive player we all want.

Pods really performed for us this year and he was a spark plug this year. If the price is right and it should be, what does it hurt to have him on the roster. He stepped up this year big time when others did not.

To me, this is one of those "low risk-high reward" situations. If the price is right and he's willing to sign, I say bring him back. If Kenny goes out and gets someone better, fine. Or if he does and it doesn't work out, at least we have Podsednik to take the place of the guy Kenny was gunning for but didn't land. As Frontman said, Podsednik is a lot better than some of the alternatives!

sox1970
10-09-2009, 06:18 PM
If he does come back, it better just be as a LF...and they better cover themselves for lead off if he falls off or gets hurt.

I agree with some of the other posts that he cannot be a bench player. First of all, he won't sign with the Sox if that's all he's going to be. He'd go to another team that will play him. On top of that, he's a below average outfielder, a bad base runner (not to be confused with being fast), and he doesn't have enough power to pinch hit off the bench. That's what Kotsay would be for.

Tragg
10-09-2009, 06:20 PM
The problem with Podsednik as a 4th outfielder is he's a lousy outfielder. When all was said and done in 2009, his obp was .353 -good, not super.
Guillen's likely to clown around with Pods at DH, which is a scary, scary thought.
Pass.

asindc
10-09-2009, 06:59 PM
Pods can't be a 4th OF IMO because usually you want your 4th OF to be a stellar defender which Pods is not and he can't be a pinch runner because he loses concentration on the basepaths too much.

As oeo stated, it's a lot worse than a couple pickoffs. He gets doubled up on pop-ups too. He lets pitchers off the hook too much, many potential big innings go for naught as a result.

I think we all remember the game that he helped us lose in Seattle. Granted, the lack of offense had a lot to do with that but when you're the go ahead on 3rd base run with 1 out in the 10th inning you should never be getting picked off.

Those of us who want Pods back don't discount what you say (though I think you think he played more poorly than I do), but we are considering:

1) The FA/trade market for a speedy leadoff hitter; and

2) On that note, Figgins is as often injured as Pods.

Given those realities, bringing him back seems like a good decision.

dickallen15
10-09-2009, 07:04 PM
Chances are the White Sox payroll is going to be extremely tight. Pods isn't going to sign for 4th OF money. If the Sox sign him, its to play everyday.

khan
10-09-2009, 07:09 PM
This is so expected, from my view.

Signing Pods for a reasonable contract gives KW the budget space to bring on a slugger to arm this team to compete with the more potent, slugging offenses of Detroit and Minnesota. Signing Pods for a reasonable contract might give KW the wherewithal to find some desperately-needed bullpen help.

tacosalbarojas
10-09-2009, 07:26 PM
If he comes back, I don't think it will be as a 4th OF (for reasons others have pointed out already) and I don't think it will be as a starting LF (for those same reasons...he's a horrible defensive player). If he comes back, I believe his main role will be as a part of a rotating group of 2 and possibly three guys who DH.

UChicagoHP
10-09-2009, 09:30 PM
In all likelyhood, we just saw Pods' career year...but as long as we aren't giving him more than a year(or two) based on one solid season, sign him up and pray he can come close to those numbers again...

veeter
10-09-2009, 09:45 PM
The problem with Podsednik as a 4th outfielder is he's a lousy outfielder. When all was said and done in 2009, his obp was .353 -good, not super.
Guillen's likely to clown around with Pods at DH, which is a scary, scary thought.
Pass.Exactly right. I still think he'll get a multi-year offer from some team, for more than the Sox offer. I hope he takes it.

soxinem1
10-09-2009, 10:39 PM
In all likelyhood, we just saw Pods' career year...but as long as we aren't giving him more than a year(or two) based on one solid season, sign him up and pray he can come close to those numbers again...

Pods career year was his Rookie season in 2003 with MIL. He hit about .313, scored 100 runs, stole 70+ bases, and even drove in about 60 runs. He didn't come close to any of those numbers in 2009.

On the other hand, I cannot see why so many want Figgins here. What more wil he add?

He's not durable. He's not a kid anymore, and was never much of a fielder. He's been decent at 3B the past couple years, but that looks like Beckham's spot.

Is Figgins in LF better than Pods, especially for eight figures a year?

If that is the case, I'll take Pods.

Lip Man 1
10-09-2009, 10:57 PM
Sox:

Even though it's a moot point since as I posted earlier in the week the Sox have no intention of trying for Figgins, what he brings is speed, an ability to play multiple positions well (he's considered a Gold Glove candidate this year for his work at 3rd base), giving Ozzie tremendous flexibility and he's a playoff experienced veteran. Plus his track record is more stable than Pods is.

The fact that the Sox have already made contact with Scott's agent says my source was completely correct on Figgins.

Now if Podsednik says 'no' and goes elsewhere the Sox are in a real bind since the only other possibilities might be Roberts, Crawford or maybe Matthews Jr.

Lip

russ99
10-09-2009, 11:00 PM
Pass.

What do you want? A .400 OBP? Only 7 players reached that this year. .304/.353/.412 is pretty darned good, especially for someone who was sitting at home without a job in April.

And why do we need a .250/35 HR plodder in the DH spot? The Designated Hitter can be any hitter the manager designates. Pods part-time in the DH spot isn't scary at all. He wouldn't have to play the field as much, which would reduce the risk of injury.

WhiteSox5187
10-10-2009, 12:27 AM
He has earned it, even though he is a butcher in the field and his base running leaves a lot to be desired, he at the very least gets on. If he can stay healthy he'd be good, his problem is when he gets hurt.

Having said that, I'd rather have another option for leadoff. But Pods will do and I also am not so opposed to a rotation at DH.

kufram
10-10-2009, 07:14 AM
Pods is the guy that at least made this season interesting until September. We will be lucky to have him as our starting LF next year. Figgins ain't gonna happen. Don't need him as bad as we need a left-handed extra-base rbi hitter.

Good idea, let our best bet at a leadoff hitter go, who is major league proven, who we can get for cheap (if we're lucky), who found all kinds of ways to get on base for Beckham to hit in. Let's spend the next six months trying to find what we already have and spend a lot more for him. Figgins is only better as a fielder and, although that is important, Pods didn't hurt us that much. Keep him in left with Rios in centre and you won't see the fielding bloopers.

voodoochile
10-10-2009, 09:20 AM
Love to have him back. No idea what it will take to sign him. Hope the Sox can get it done.

Domeshot17
10-10-2009, 11:14 AM
Blowing a ton of money on Figgins is a bad idea. Its hard to keep fighting the same battles on here. TABLE SETTERS DID NOT COST US THE PLAYOFFS. SPEED DID NOT COST US THE PLAYOFFS. The team finished pretty good in most speed categories. The team didn't K much. The team was also in the bottom of the league of runs, rbis, extra base hits (Pirates Slugged out more XBH than us). So spending 8-11 million for 4-6 on Chone Figgins is pissed away money. He wouldn't have been the difference in the playoffs.

Pods was one of the few guys who produced offensively. I just hate this sentiment that people are so sure (a) Injury Prone Quentin is going to stay healthy (b) Lazy ass Alex Rios is going to magically work hard and turn it back around just because hes with Ozzie and Kenny and (c) Pods was a fluke and he will suck.

Pods was better last year than he was in 2005, and we won a title with him in 2005. The Difference is the Sox currently dont have a 100 RBI man. Paulie is past his prime and Quentin is a coinflip because of his low averages and health.

Finally, did anyone consider Figgins may be the guy Kenny wants to get away from? There has been a lot of talk that Kenny is going to focus on Clubhouse Chemistry, that he wants a vocal leader to come in and take over and work with the young kids and rally the troops. Figgins by all accounts doesn't get along with a ton of his teammates in LA, Doesn't have a strong relationship with his manager, and is known to be a bit of a "drama queen/king type".

Rdy2PlayBall
10-10-2009, 11:21 AM
This doens't mean Pods has to be a 4th outfielder. Rios is CF, Pods isn't THAT BAD at LF... then CQ in right.

Maybe KW is looking at trading Getz in a package somehow, when I'm sure some other teams think he has value... Then throw Beckham/Alexei at second and actually have Figgens as our 3rd baseman? That kind of sounds good to me, though I really like Getz. :(:

Just a random thought, that's what the offseason is here for. :tongue:

Domeshot17
10-10-2009, 11:23 AM
This doens't mean Pods has to be a 4th outfielder. Rios is CF, Pods isn't THAT BAD at LF... then CQ in right.

Maybe KW is looking at trading Getz in a package somehow, when I'm sure some other teams think he has value... Then throw Beckham/Alexei at second and actually have Figgens as our 3rd baseman? That kind of sounds good to me, though I really like Getz. :(:

Just a random thought, that's what the offseason is here for. :tongue:

Once again the Sox don't need Chone Figgins.

Also, Scotty Pods has said there will be no hometown discount. He is going to want 3-6 mil for a few years is my guess. He is going to want to start. You dont sign him to waste money on the 4th OF and piss him off.

LITTLE NELL
10-10-2009, 11:39 AM
I'm willing to give Pods another shot, who else is going to hit .305, steal some bases and bat leadoff. I just don't ever want to see him in center field again. When he's in left, have him play deep left.

ode to veeck
10-10-2009, 12:11 PM
I'd love to have him back and I think it may come down to length of contract, if someone is willing to go deeper on years for Scotty, I don't think Kenny will, but Kenny could design the hooks right for options extensions based on performance, ability to stay healthy etc.

MarkZ35
10-10-2009, 12:22 PM
Pods was the MVP of this team last year. How do you not sign him to a cheap contract? Risks of injury? Every player that steps on the field is at risk of being hurt. Chone Figgins is unrealistic, we are not the Yankees. I wouldn't doubt that there will be 20 teams bidding on Chone Figgins.

Rdy2PlayBall
10-10-2009, 12:59 PM
Once again the Sox don't need Chone Figgins.

Also, Scotty Pods has said there will be no hometown discount. He is going to want 3-6 mil for a few years is my guess. He is going to want to start. You dont sign him to waste money on the 4th OF and piss him off.Not saying we need him... there is just A LOT of rumors the Sox are shopping him. So I just included his name. :wink:

I want the Sox to get an RBI guy (NOT A HR OR NOTHING KIND OF RBI GUY). Abreu would have been AN AMAZING acquisition in my book for KW for 2009-2011. That didn't happen. :(:

3-6mil for Pods? Who the heck dose he think he his? :o:

ode to veeck
10-10-2009, 01:04 PM
Not saying we need him... there is just A LOT of rumors the Sox are shopping him. So I just included his name. :wink:

I want the Sox to get an RBI guy (NOT A HR OR NOTHING KIND OF RBI GUY). Abreu would have been AN AMAZING acquisition in my book for KW for 2009-2011. That didn't happen. :(:

3-6mil for Pods? Who the heck dose he think he his? :o:

A solid leadoff easily deserves the low end of that range

Rdy2PlayBall
10-10-2009, 01:11 PM
A solid leadoff easily deserves the low end of that range3mil? Yah. 6mil wouldn't be worth it to me though because he hasn't been that solid. I hope the sign him, he'll come cheaper than Figgens and we might be able to get someone in a trade +$ or something.

soxinem1
10-10-2009, 07:42 PM
I'll wager it'll take about three years, $16 million to ink Pods.

Lip Man 1
10-10-2009, 08:14 PM
I absolutely wouldn't give him three years.

Lip

WSox597
10-10-2009, 09:16 PM

Lip

Has he ever had three injury-free years in his career? I kind of doubt it, without resorting to looking it up.

3 years 16 million would be lunacy for a player basically made of glass.

If he can get it, good for him. I'd rather he didn't get it from the Sox, that's all.

Noneck
10-10-2009, 11:16 PM
I don't know if he will get a 3 year deal but I think a 2 year deal is a sure thing. I would think the best way to get the best deal would be to wait and see what Figgins gets. Then to let the losers in the Figgins deal come to him.

This is Pods last pay day, it would be crazy for him not to try to get the most he can get. He has already stated he wants to be a starter and the contract is in the hands of his representation. That means no home town discount.

If the Sox were truly interested and wanted that home town discount they would have had to try to lock him up earlier in the year. This may have been the prudent thing to do because they knew they needed a leadoff hitter and weren't going to spend whats needed to get Figgins.

Maybe they have someone else in mind to leadoff, just so that someone is not currently on their roster.

EndemicSox
10-10-2009, 11:27 PM
Someone will give him two years, and the team that does will probably regret it. But a two year deal for a solid lead-off man(if he can produce in 2010 like he did this past year) is fine. He is far from ideal, but a MLB team can do much worse.

The team needs a new power bat(what Kenny was trying to do with Rios, probably not going to work, and as a result WILL hurt this team in a not quite non significant way), imo, as Quentin can't be counted upon just yet(or I should say, he hasn't proven he can be counted upon) and Paulie/Dye don't have much left in the tank.

Zisk77
10-10-2009, 11:28 PM

Lip

I absolutely wouldnt give him 16 million.:o:

Rather see Getz leadoff. I would give Polanco that money and lead him off before giving Pods 3 & 16.

kufram
10-11-2009, 03:44 AM
You obviously don't give Pods 16 mil or three years. You aim to get a kid coming up that will come good 2012. Meanwhile sign Pods (if you can get him now) for one year with good incentives for production and a high at bat count. Thay way you are covered if his injury woes return. I think age will get him sooner than the injuries.

You hope to get a good year out of him next year, maybe a second in 2011 all the while getting someone ready to take over. That's what draft picks and farm systems are for. Other teams do it, so should we. Or, worst case scenario, you go for a name leadoff in 2011 not named Figgins.

ChiSoxGirl
10-11-2009, 12:06 PM
I love the guy, but even *I* wouldn't give him three years/$16 million!

JB98
10-11-2009, 01:07 PM

Lip

I doubt anyone would. Certainly nobody sane would give Podsednik three years.

One year with a mutual option should do it. If he wants more than that, see ya Pods.

voodoochile
10-11-2009, 01:20 PM
I doubt anyone would. Certainly nobody sane would give Podsednik three years.

One year with a mutual option should do it. If he wants more than that, see ya Pods.

I was thinking 2 with a 3rd year team option and a buyout.

Edit: Maybe the third year becomes guaranteed with a certain number of PA's the first two. Thus if Pods proves he can stay healthy he gets the third year.

JB98
10-11-2009, 01:42 PM
I was thinking 2 with a 3rd year team option and a buyout.

Edit: Maybe the third year becomes guaranteed with a certain number of PA's the first two. Thus if Pods proves he can stay healthy he gets the third year.

If the Sox guarantee a second year, I'd like them to make it incentive-laden. I like what Pods did this year and would like him back for 2010. But that injury history would make me wary of the same commitment for 2011.

hula
10-11-2009, 01:44 PM

My sentiments exactly! :pods:

thomas35forever
10-11-2009, 02:44 PM
Sign Pods to a one-year deal with an option for a second year and leave it at that. I've said it before on here and I'll say it again. We don't know where we stand at lead-off for 2010 and we've learned that Figgins is likely out of the picture, so keep Pods. I'd rather have an overly aggressive player batting first than scrambling to find a new one like we always seem to be doing. Sorry, but that's just how I feel.

russ99
10-11-2009, 03:08 PM
Kenny would be out of his mind to give Scott 3/16, and I really doubt anyone would give him anything close to that on the open market.

More like 3/8 or 2/4.5 with incentives and an option.

soxfanreggie
10-11-2009, 05:15 PM
I'll wager it'll take about three years, $16 million to ink Pods.

No way I'd give him that. I'd give him 2 years, $6 million guaranteed with incentives to earn another couple million. Maybe I would throw in a team option for a third year at $5 million with a $1 million guaranteed buyout.

Domeshot17
10-11-2009, 05:18 PM
Since we are guessing, Im going 2 years 8 mil total (4 mil per) with a year 3 5 mil team option that locks in with 450 at bats each season.

hawkjt
10-13-2009, 12:48 PM
I hope Kenny can get Pods locked up for a 2 year,6 million deal, with a club option for a third..buyout of a million.

The Figgins ship has sailed and I am glad. He is a nice player but will command as much as 4 yr,40 million...he is only two years younger than Pods, only played 115 games in 07 and 08 due to injuries, leads the league in caught stealing and getting picked off(and fans bitch about Pods?), has a lower slugging percentage than pods...and while his on base percentage and walks are higher, his OPS is only 20 pts higher than pods.

The capper? Figgins is horrible in postseason. In over 30 games, Figgins is hitting less than .180 with a on base average around .225...total choker in postseason. Pods has more rbis and is better in every category in only 11 postseason games.

Forget figgins, Kenny needs to get Abreu or another high average run producer who gets on base a lot. Give Abreu the extra money not spent on figgins.

Nellie_Fox
10-13-2009, 01:21 PM
I hope Kenny can get Pods locked up for a 2 year,6 million deal, with a club option for a third..buyout of a million.If it's just a club option, there's no need for a buyout. All they have to do is not pick up the option. You only have to buy out if the player has an option.

LoveYourSuit
10-13-2009, 01:24 PM
Anything more than a 1 yr deal for Pods is too risky for me.

We have seen how bad things can get when Pods is not going right.

34 Inch Stick
10-14-2009, 01:32 PM
I'm interested to know why KW didn't have an option on him for this year. Isn't it pretty standard to have a club option for the next year when signing someone off the scrap heap, just for situations like this?

soxfanreggie
10-14-2009, 01:43 PM
Anything more than a 1 yr deal for Pods is too risky for me.

We have seen how bad things can get when Pods is not going right.

If you're not bringing back Pods, what's your alternative?

Lip Man 1
10-14-2009, 02:20 PM
There are potential alternatives out there...the questions are how realistic are they? Are they actually available? What would it cost in terms of talent? What would it cost in terms of salary?

It's possible Roberts may be available. Matthews Jr., Pierre... certainly Figgins.

Please note I'm not saying they are anything but remote chances but it's a good chance some of those names will be available and we know Figgins will be.

Lip

TDog
10-14-2009, 02:37 PM

There was never any Figgins.

Whatever Podsednik gets, there will be worse contracts on the White Sox, and still worse contracts awarded to free agents this offseason.