PDA

View Full Version : Dewayne Wise appreciation thread

DumpJerry
10-09-2009, 01:55 PM
:burly
I can't stop thanking you.

jmeneghini1433
10-09-2009, 02:11 PM
Thanks for The Catch in Buehrle's Perfecto and for showing up to the 2008 ALDS.

tstrike2000
10-09-2009, 02:13 PM
Best of luck in free agency D-Wise and thanks for the leap at the wall for the ages.

asindc
10-09-2009, 02:16 PM
I never feel the need to give a hard time to a player that works hard. Mr. Wise did a few good things for the Sox during his time here, and for that I appreciate his play and professionalism.:gulp:

PalehosePlanet
10-09-2009, 02:21 PM
Thanks for always playing hard DeWayne.

My guess is you'll be autographing the stills from The Catch well into your 50's. See ya at Sox fest in about 10 years and good luck.

Marqhead
10-09-2009, 02:27 PM
The catch.

That is all.

oeo
10-09-2009, 02:36 PM
I still get goosebumps replaying that catch in my head. I still can't believe he got to it, let alone robbing a homerun and catching it in his throwing hand.

Dan H
10-09-2009, 02:39 PM
The execution wasn't always there, but the desire was. The Sox could use a few more guys with his heart.

canOcorn
10-09-2009, 02:46 PM
I'm absolutely stunned that no other MLB team wanted Wise and he cleared waivers. :rolleyes:

Hitmen77
10-09-2009, 02:47 PM
http://blogs.chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sports_hardball/2009/10/white-soxs-dewayne-wise-opts-for-free-agency.html

He will always be remembered for his moment of fame on 7/23/09.

SoxSpeed22
10-09-2009, 02:49 PM
Thanks for 'the catch' as well as those big hits in 2008. Good luck elsewhere.

Foulke You
10-09-2009, 03:05 PM
The execution wasn't always there, but the desire was. The Sox could use a few more guys with his heart.
Wise definitely busted his ass out there. The skill set just didn't match his desire.

Lawson
10-09-2009, 03:07 PM
Thanks for The Catch, Dewayne. I'll never forget that moment :)
On a different note, I can still recall that diving catch you made earlier in the season at Comerica park. :(:

At that time you were doing better at the plate and I was hopeful that you would have a good year for yourself and for the team.

Things did not go as I had hoped. However, in your case, I believe that you never stopped giving your best effort.

Here's to you :gulp:

#1swisher
10-09-2009, 03:09 PM
All the best and good luck DWise. I enjoyed watching you play, and will continue to follow your career.:gulp:

"THE CATCH"

I remember the surprised look on your face, when you replaced Kotsay in RF, Sat. 9-5 against Boston. The right field fans cheered when your name was announced. You looked right at our section 110!

Floyd was perfect thru 5 2/3, 11Ks.
White Sox 5
Boston 1

thomas35forever
10-09-2009, 03:16 PM
Thanks for preserving history and your hard play, Dewayne. Good luck wherever you land.

veeter
10-09-2009, 03:36 PM
Dewayne is an example why guys should fight hard to get to the bigs. Once you make it, no matter your skill level, you can make history. In the blink of an eye, Wise did that. Good luck, but as someone else said, he'll probably be in Charlotte next spring.

southside rocks
10-09-2009, 03:43 PM
I never feel the need to give a hard time to a player that works hard. Mr. Wise did a few good things for the Sox during his time here, and for that I appreciate his play and professionalism.:gulp:

Same here. I wish him the best.

russ99
10-09-2009, 04:04 PM
Thanks for all the hustle and effort Dewayne, and of course for The Catch.

It's a shame that some haters tried to chase you out of town with boos earlier this season, but most Sox fans aren't like that.

Let's hope you get another shot in the big leagues soon.

white sox bill
10-09-2009, 04:17 PM
Good luck Wise one! You are the only lifetime .200 hitter noted on our wall. Kudos!

Dibbs
10-09-2009, 04:19 PM
Thanks for the catch, and thanks for leaving.

voodoochile
10-09-2009, 04:33 PM

Agreed. Thanks for trying, Dewayne and thanks for not whining.

Oh and thanks for the catch and a few GW hits here and there.

ewokpelts
10-09-2009, 04:36 PM
He'll be on the Sox 25 man roster come April 5th.
This is just a formaility. Ozzie has adopted wise.

GoGoCrede
10-09-2009, 04:48 PM

Yep. I had huge respect for DeWayne because of this. I know fans were frustrated with his lack of execution, but I felt horrible when he was booed.

I know I'm a softy, but I really loved him because of his heart and drive. Here's to you, DeWayne. I will always remember The Catch, the 2008 ALDS, and your reverse grand slam against the Tigers. Should you return to the Cell on another team next season, I'll clap for you (although I hope your team loses. :smile:).

soxinem1
10-09-2009, 04:53 PM
The catch.

That is all.

He did okay in the ALDS last year too.

Frontman
10-09-2009, 05:02 PM
Good luck and hope you land on your feet somewhere.

Great catch; clutch hits when the rest of the team went south in 2008; and for putting up with boos on your first Opening Day as a starter.

I have to give him credit for that; because he didn't turn bitter; he didn't play a race card; he didn't blame someone else; he didn't look at the white shirts and jackets in the stands and say they distracted him, he didn't blame his poor play on the boos. None of that.

He kept going out every time he was in the lineup and tried his best. The Sox can use a bit of that from time to time. No excuses; just continual attempts to improve.

Lip Man 1
10-09-2009, 06:37 PM
I'm waiting for Dankerific to weigh in with his Wise love.

Lip

Parrothead
10-09-2009, 06:58 PM
i appreciate that he is finally off the Sox roster.

WhiteSox1989
10-09-2009, 07:09 PM
"The Catch" made it all worth it.

CLR01
10-09-2009, 07:27 PM
Bye, I guess.

Crestani
10-09-2009, 08:02 PM
I wish Alex Rios had his heart and desire!

KMcMahon817
10-09-2009, 08:14 PM
Thanks for being the background on my laptop for the past 2 and half months, Dewayne. It still gives me the shivers everytime I look a it. What a catch. Best of luck.:bandance:

Frater Perdurabo
10-09-2009, 08:19 PM
I wish Alex Rios had his heart and desire!

That would be one heck of a player!

mccoydp
10-09-2009, 09:10 PM
Thanks for the great catch!

MisterB
10-09-2009, 09:27 PM
Good luck Wise one! You are the only lifetime .200 hitter noted on our wall. Kudos!

Hey, Billy Pierce is .184 lifetime. :tongue:

Wise joins Geoff Blum as one of those Sox players that didn't do a lot, but made one HUGE play when it mattered.

cheezheadsoxfan
10-09-2009, 09:33 PM
With or without Wise the season would still have sucked but without DeWayne no Perfecto. I wish him all the best and thanks for one of the greatest Sox memories.

soxfanreggie
10-09-2009, 10:05 PM
Thanks D-Wise; best of luck elsewhere.

Britt Burns
10-09-2009, 10:50 PM
Thanks for the catch and that homer in Tampa in '08.

Tragg
10-09-2009, 11:34 PM
Is he officially gone?

Lip Man 1
10-09-2009, 11:59 PM
He refused the Sox offer to go to Charlotte and officially became a free agent according to Comcast Sports Chicago.

Lip

BoysMom3
10-10-2009, 12:14 AM
Thanks for you hard work, Dewayne. All the best to you! I'll always remember your catch!!

gobears1987
10-10-2009, 12:17 AM
The catch was amazing, but Wise also carried the offense in September 2008. We never would've had the Blackout Game without Wise.

pudge
10-10-2009, 12:21 AM
The catch was amazing, but Wise also carried the offense in September 2008. We never would've had the Blackout Game without Wise.

Yeah, and wasn't he one of few who decided to hit in the ALDS?

Honestly, too bad the guy never had more time against major league hitting, he may have been a decent role player. Just for speed and defense, he wouldn't be a terrible guy to as the 25th man, although I know many here will disagree.

samurai_sox
10-10-2009, 12:41 AM
Thanks D.Wise for your Perfect catch, walk off hit against the Yanks, and answering Marcus Thames' grand slam with one of your own in 2008.

Tragg
10-10-2009, 01:03 AM
While he had a couple (like 2) important home runs in September of 08, he batted .206 (obp of .263) with 4 homers and 11 RBIs. He had FOUR games with more than one hit after June (and all 4 of those were 2 hits).

Rdy2PlayBall
10-10-2009, 01:08 AM
ONE catch turned this thread from a "good riddance" thread to a "I love you, good luck" thread, gotta love it! xD Well deserved though, thank you, that was the highlight of this season for me, besides Beckham. :P

Good luck, hope you start for some below .500 team and bat .275+ with some good numbers... Buehrle will give you some HR lessons if you need. :wink:

Soxman219
10-10-2009, 01:22 AM
Thanks for the saving the first perfect game in w.sox history.:d:

gobears1987
10-10-2009, 01:32 AM
Thanks for the saving the first perfect game in w.sox history.:d:
Charlie Robertson has a bone to pick with you.

StillMissOzzie
10-10-2009, 01:51 AM
Thanks for The Catch. Thanks for some timely hitting in 2008.

Best wishes & good luck, D - Wise

SMO
:gulp:

Jeckle2000
10-10-2009, 02:20 AM
Good luck and hope you land on your feet somewhere.

Great catch; clutch hits when the rest of the team went south in 2008; and for putting up with boos on your first Opening Day as a starter.

I have to give him credit for that; because he didn't turn bitter; he didn't play a race card; he didn't blame someone else; he didn't look at the white shirts and jackets in the stands and say they distracted him, he didn't blame his poor play on the boos. None of that.

He kept going out every time he was in the lineup and tried his best. The Sox can use a bit of that from time to time. No excuses; just continual attempts to improve.

Didn't he have a video where he called out the White Sox fans earlier this year?

I won't miss him...

Rohan
10-10-2009, 03:11 AM
Thanks for your one fantastic catch...
Other than that, you are a terrible team player. And a terrible baseball player.

I hope you end up in the minors for the rest of your career.

WSox597
10-10-2009, 08:45 AM
I was never one of his fans, but that was one hell of a catch.

I never saw him complain either. And he always came to play, just didn't have the skills to compete with other major leaguers I guess.

The injury he suffered early on may have cost him his best season. He started out doing pretty well and then was injured. He never recovered.

Good luck wherever you land.

eastchicagosoxfan
10-10-2009, 08:54 AM
Best wishes to a scrappy player.

Tragg
10-10-2009, 09:29 AM
I hope MB gave you an Infinity. You deserve it.

In rejecting Charlotte I think you rejected any chance of ever returning to a major league roster. Good luck and say hi to Jerry Owens.

Lip Man 1
10-10-2009, 11:18 AM
Jeckle:

Yes he did have comments about the fans to an internet web site.

Lip

Domeshot17
10-10-2009, 12:19 PM
Thanks for the catch, it got you into the HOF and snuck you into a collection of memorable white sox moments autographed on my wall. I appreciated your hard work, but hated that it was okay for your to pout and complain about the fans. You might possibly make another major league roster in your career, just hopefully not with us.

Frontman
10-10-2009, 05:08 PM
Jeckle:

Yes he did have comments about the fans to an internet web site.

Lip

Source?

Spouting off on a youtube account (or some other nonsense) and doing an interview where he calls out the fans are two entirely different things. I tried doing a search; I see a ton of us fans ripping him; but I could not find it.

Hey, if he did; I retract my statement and then its a standard goodbye. But I felt for the guy when the Sox fanbase decided to act like morons and boo the guy after ONE AT BAT.

oeo
10-10-2009, 05:30 PM
Source?

Spouting off on a youtube account (or some other nonsense) and doing an interview where he calls out the fans are two entirely different things. I tried doing a search; I see a ton of us fans ripping him; but I could not find it.

Hey, if he did; I retract my statement and then its a standard goodbye. But I felt for the guy when the Sox fanbase decided to act like morons and boo the guy after ONE AT BAT.

I remember it. It was during an interview and he was obviously disappointed that the fans were booing him. Wasn't a big deal then, isn't a big deal now. The whole situation was blown out proportion, just like Fields saying he wanted to talk to Kenny earlier in the year about his future. People will find the smallest things to complain about when they don't like someone. I find it ironic that the fans can call him out and boo him, but he can't call the fans out. Hmm...

EDIT: Here's the video http://www.mouthpiecesports.com/media/white-sox-outfielder-dewayne-wise-sends-message-to-fans-and-media-21486/

Frontman
10-10-2009, 06:36 PM
I remember it. It was during an interview and he was obviously disappointed that the fans were booing him. Wasn't a big deal then, isn't a big deal now. The whole situation was blown out proportion, just like Fields saying he wanted to talk to Kenny earlier in the year about his future. People will find the smallest things to complain about when they don't like someone. I find it ironic that the fans can call him out and boo him, but he can't call the fans out. Hmm...

EDIT: Here's the video http://www.mouthpiecesports.com/media/white-sox-outfielder-dewayne-wise-sends-message-to-fans-and-media-21486/

THAT is calling out fans? Saying "boo me all you want?" Telling the media to leave him alone if he starts doing good; don't treat me any different if I'm doing good or bad?!?!?!

That's calling them out?

Sorry, that's being honest. That's after sitting the the shelf for weeks only to be booed upon returning.

I still think he handled it with dignity and class. Compare him to Milton Bradley; DeWayne Wise is a freakin' paragon of patience.

Ranger
10-10-2009, 07:01 PM
Didn't he have a video where he called out the White Sox fans earlier this year?

I won't miss him...

He got booed in his third AB of the season. His third at bat. Of the season.

It's amazing he didn't publicly call Sox fans a bunch of "*******s" after that.

Rdy2PlayBall
10-10-2009, 07:26 PM

It's amazing he didn't publicly call Sox fans a bunch of "*******s" after that.That really pissed me off at the game. I was having fun on opening day and then I find out we have some jerk fans just like the Cubs. I really felt like I was at Wriggly. He has every right to "call them out".... if you even consider what he did "calling out." :tongue:

Frontman
10-10-2009, 08:35 PM

Exactly. He might not be a great player, well, a good, well, a serviceable player; but at least give him a freakin' chance.

This year showed not just something about the team; but the fanbase. With all the outlets to let your opinion be heard; we booed our own players ON DAY ONE.

I wasn't happy he was our starting CF; but I sure as heck wasn't going to boo the guy the first day he started for our club.

Had he played poorly for a few weeks? Sure, rain down the boos.

But even after that; I don't call his comments as being classless or 'ripping' the fans.

southside rocks
10-10-2009, 08:46 PM

DeWayne Wise has more character and class than the "fans" who booed him. Of course, that's not necessarily saying much, I realize. :tongue:

Frater Perdurabo
10-10-2009, 08:49 PM

Sometimes it's hard for fans to make sure the manager (and the player) knows they are booing the manager and not the player. And when that's the case, it's also hard for the player to know that some fans are intending to boo the manager, not the player. (And I'm sure some classless and ill-informed fans WERE booing Wise.)

I don't hold it against Wise that Ozzie played Wise in the wrong spot in the lineup, just like I don't hold it against Mackowiak that Ozzie put Mackowiak in the wrong position on the field. And I don't blame Wise for his comments about the boos. I actually think Wise is a pretty good guy; a buddy of his installed cable TV at my in-laws house and told my wife about Wise from their days together in high school.

However, I do blame Ozzie for being a ****ing obstinate idiot about CF since Day 2 of the 2006 season.

SOXSINCE'70
10-10-2009, 08:50 PM
Thanks for making a catch Sox fans will talk about for the next 50 years.

asindc
10-10-2009, 09:30 PM

QFT. Shame on the fans who booed him THE FIRST HOME GAME OF THE SEASON. Shame. And a tip of the cap to Mr. Wise, for handling it better than most of those fans who booed him would have.

SoxFan1979
10-10-2009, 10:20 PM
I still get goosebumps replaying that catch in my head. I still can't believe he got to it, let alone robbing a homerun and catching it in his throwing hand.

You said it! The more I look back the more it becomes that much more of an impressive catch. Good luck to D Wise

Ranger
10-11-2009, 06:10 AM
Sometimes it's hard for fans to make sure the manager (and the player) knows they are booing the manager and not the player. And when that's the case, it's also hard for the player to know that some fans are intending to boo the manager, not the player. (And I'm sure some classless and ill-informed fans WERE booing Wise.)

=

Well, Frater, that's why you don't boo your own team on opening day. Ever. Unless somebody is CLEARLY dogging it. You have to be a real **** to do something like that.

And you don't boo a player assuming that player realizes you're actually booing the manager that put him in the lineup. It's equally as stupid and it doesn't help.

Fans give their team a chance before they freak out on them. Let things play out for a bit before you declare certain players "busts" or "idiots" or whatever. If Wise starts the year 0-50, that's one thing. But there is no excuse to pound him on opening day.

kufram
10-11-2009, 06:40 AM
I'd actually go a little further. The only good reason for booing your own player is if he isn't trying. Wise seperated his shoulder early in the season laying it out to make a catch. That is effort and commitment. He deserves his place in history because he made the play. I can't believe he made that play. Booing him, or the manager for that matter, on day one is just indefensible.

I'm glad he's gone because we just don't have a spot for him. His hitting just isn't good enough. But that doesn't mean I'm entitled to call him names. If I do call a player names it says more about me than it does about the player. Bad form.

Well, Frater, that's why you don't boo your own team on opening day. Ever. Unless somebody is CLEARLY dogging it. You have to be a real **** to do something like that.

And you don't boo a player assuming that player realizes you're actually booing the manager that put him in the lineup. It's equally as stupid and it doesn't help.

Fans give their team a chance before they freak out on them. Let things play out for a bit before you declare certain players "busts" or "idiots" or whatever. If Wise starts the year 0-50, that's one thing. But there is no excuse to pound him on opening day.

guillensdisciple
10-11-2009, 06:41 AM

He was dead to rights the second he stepped on the field. There were so many concerns in center field, and Wise as the only option did not appeal to that many people. Hell, Brian Anderson would have lasted three games before White Sox fans tore him apart too. I think it was overall frustration more than frustration with a single player.

Mohoney
10-11-2009, 07:59 AM
He was dead to rights the second he stepped on the field. There were so many concerns in center field, and Wise as the only option did not appeal to that many people. Hell, Brian Anderson would have lasted three games before White Sox fans tore him apart too. I think it was overall frustration more than frustration with a single player.

Great assessment. CF has been a question mark for so long that anybody short of Willie Mays would have gotten boo's.

Frater does have a valid point that many of the boo's were probably aimed at Kenny and Ozzie rather than Wise. I wanted nothing to do with Wise, Anderson, or Owens in CF for this team. However, boo's on Opening Day are just obscenely obnoxious. The only way any of those 3 guys would have gotten any kind of slack is if they went 4-4 with 2 OF assists and a few diving catches.

I'm never going to criticize somebody for having severe reservations about the talent level on the team. Fans have every right to doubt somebody with absolutely no track record being inserted in a starting slot. However, I seriously question anybody that would start publicly boo'ing the team on day 1.

Frontman
10-11-2009, 10:12 AM
"The Catch" was made because Wise was giving everything he could every time he stepped onto the field. By that point in time; I was frustrated he was the best we had to offer; surely. I even groaned like "Why didn't Ozzie put in Bria...wait, traded last week, aw crap."

But again, my brilliant 6 year old said, "Why are you upset with Wise? He can play baseball." (Sometimes the simple ways of looking at things are sometimes the better ways to look at them.) And when he came down with the ball, my son goes, "Told you."

(He also called Alexei's slam last year in Game 162 after I complained about the walk to Junior.)

We have various ways of letting the Sox organization know we're frustrated with their product. Here, their email accounts, their snail mail address, holding up a sign at the ballpark, calling the Ranger during pre and post games who, by the way, seriously needs a long, long vacation after this season...

But when you show your frustration in a way that can be misconstrued; that your dislike isn't clear to the target, like booing a player AS HE WALKED TO THE PLATE, mind you?

You don't send a clear message.

Ranger
10-11-2009, 03:39 PM

Great assessment. CF has been a question mark for so long that anybody short of Willie Mays would have gotten boo's.

Frater does have a valid point that many of the boo's were probably aimed at Kenny and Ozzie rather than Wise. I wanted nothing to do with Wise, Anderson, or Owens in CF for this team. However, boo's on Opening Day are just obscenely obnoxious. The only way any of those 3 guys would have gotten any kind of slack is if they went 4-4 with 2 OF assists and a few diving catches.

I'm never going to criticize somebody for having severe reservations about the talent level on the team. Fans have every right to doubt somebody with absolutely no track record being inserted in a starting slot. However, I seriously question anybody that would start publicly boo'ing the team on day 1.

I know this is the line of thinking, but it still doesn't matter. The player doesn't know that's what's going on. Do you think he's out there in the batter's box thinking, "Well, they're not booing me, they're booing because Kenny and Ozzie gave me the job?"

And even if he is thinking that, do you think it helps the situation?

Even though he wasn't close to being ideal, fans should give their guys a chance first before they start freaking out on them. And if your frustration is aimed at management for not getting a "real" centerfielder, keep in mind it isn't from a lack of trying. They believed in Chris Young and Brian Anderson (both of which turned out to stink. Which reminds me: when anyone questions the judgment of any decision makers, just remember how many people here were POSITIVE Chris Young was on his way to stardom. Chris Young is terrible). OK, that's a mistake. They made a serious, aggressive attempt at Torii Hunter...nothing could've been done about the LAA thing. Also, in case you haven't noticed, there aren't an abundance of centerfielders just laying around. Good ones, anyway. Most teams don't even have a good one.

DumpJerry
10-11-2009, 04:15 PM
Look guys, Wise was not the CFer in White Sox history, even he would admit that. He was even close to being the worst CFer in White Sox history. However, he did give it his all and for that we should thank him.

He actually started out the '09 season pretty nicely until he dislocated his shoulder against Detroit on a pretty good play. He then had to come back from the injury earlier than he should have because the team needed him.

Mr. Wise, thank you for all you did for us.

Domeshot17
10-11-2009, 04:23 PM
I know this is the line of thinking, but it still doesn't matter. The player doesn't know that's what's going on. Do you think he's out there in the batter's box thinking, "Well, they're not booing me, they're booing because Kenny and Ozzie gave me the job?"

And even if he is thinking that, do you think it helps the situation?

Even though he wasn't close to being ideal, fans should give their guys a chance first before they start freaking out on them. And if your frustration is aimed at management for not getting a "real" centerfielder, keep in mind it isn't from a lack of trying. They believed in Chris Young and Brian Anderson (both of which turned out to stink. Which reminds me: when anyone questions the judgment of any decision makers, just remember how many people here were POSITIVE Chris Young was on his way to stardom. Chris Young is terrible). OK, that's a mistake. They made a serious, aggressive attempt at Torii Hunter...nothing could've been done about the LAA thing. Also, in case you haven't noticed, there aren't an abundance of centerfielders just laying around. Good ones, anyway. Most teams don't even have a good one.

Come on, this is just company line thinking at its best. No one said the White Sox had to have a very good CF, but until we put Pods in CF, we had the worst CF in the MLB with the Anderson/Wise Platoon. Fans had every right to be ticked off last year. The White Sox added a bunch of premium games to the schedule, Kenny complained about the Fans not showing up and supporting a bad team during the Dodgers series, and all the White Sox did during the offseason was take 2 steps backwards from a very average 2008 team.

2nd, Ripping Chris Young and comparing him to Brian Anderson or Wise is a terrible terrible weak argument. I know again, its a company argument, but Chris Young hit 242 with 22 homers 85 rbis and a 758 ops in 2008. Terrible year THIS YEAR, but Young's line last year was better than Rios this year. Both have upside, and Rios was better last year as well, so we will have to see. Either way Chris Young >>>>>>>> Wise or Anderson.

3rd, A lot of fans were sick of the revolving door, just the truth. Ozzie said in the offseason he thought Wise had the inside track over Anderson and Owens. Then Owens sucked, Anderson outplayed Wise in spring training (wise had a 301 OBP with a 15:1 K:BB ratio, ouch) and Ozzie went with his boy. I wasn't there, I wasn't booing, I don't like booing your own team very much at all. But you know what, without the Fans Dewayne Wise would be a working stiff like everyone else. He gets paid good money to be very bad at his job. Thicken your skin up, put your head down, play good baseball and improve. You know how you make people stop booing you... get a few hits.. hit above .250... Don't complain and DON'T HAVE THE MANAGER GO FIGHT YOUR BATTLES FOR YOU.

Wise was like every other member of the White Sox, when he did good we loved him, and when he did bad we hated him. No one cheered for him to do poorly, I am sure had he come out, actually earned that CF job, hit 280 with a 340 OBP and stole 30 bases the Fans would have LOVED HIM. He just didn't.

I don't want to sound like Im saying its cool to BOO wise, but I am saying players who get boo'd do 1 of 3 things, they take it and don't improve, they complain and don't improve, or they take it and improve. Wise went the complain and do nothing to improve route.

Wise at one point was like the worst statistical hitter in the MLB over 70 at bats IIRC.

Ultimately just saying a lot of what I want to say in too many words. The Fans saw a team back into the playoffs last year (well back into the final weekend, play hard for 3 games). We got the playoffs, and got beat up by the AL Champs. We listened to Kenny talk his usual commitment to winning, championship players talk, and we went into the season with players like Chris Getz, Wilson Betemit,Corky Miller, Josh Fields. Dewayne Wise, Brian Anderson, Bartolo Colon and Mike Macdougal. We heard Ozzie and Kenny continually vomit out how 2008 was a full blown effort to win a division title. How there were no plans to rebuild. They felt this team was simply an improvement over 2008. We traded Nick Swisher and got nothing back (after giving up 2 top 100 prospects and another guy who was in our top 10 for him the year before) and we dealt Javy for a brilliant prospect who was a few years from being anything in the mlb.

At the end of the day, 2 things were going to Happen, Fields Wise et. all were going to pull it together and win, or they were going to be as expected. To steal a great NFL line.... Dewayne Wise and the White Sox are who we thought they were.

Domeshot17
10-11-2009, 04:25 PM
Look guys, Wise was not the CFer in White Sox history, even he would admit that. He was even close to being the worst CFer in White Sox history. However, he did give it his all and for that we should thank him.

He actually started out the '09 season pretty nicely until he dislocated his shoulder against Detroit on a pretty good play. He then had to come back from the injury earlier than he should have because the team needed him.

Mr. Wise, thank you for all you did for us.

He didn't start 2009 well at all. Before he was hurt he played 10 games had just shy of 30 at bats and had more strike outs (6) than total bases (5) while hitting .238.

He made one of the single greatest plays in White Sox history, we can thank him for that, but outside of that, there isn't alot more to like.

Frontman
10-11-2009, 05:41 PM
Thicken your skin up, put your head down, play good baseball and improve. You know how you make people stop booing you... get a few hits.. hit above .250... Don't complain and DON'T HAVE THE MANAGER GO FIGHT YOUR BATTLES FOR YOU.

How is he supposed to do that when we as a fanbase already gave up on him after two at bats? Would you encourage your kid that way; telling him to toughen up? Yes, he's a professional ball player. And yes, he made more money than the average mailman. But Wise wasn't making A-Rod money; and he was just a guy who got a chance to be a pro ball player. And the fans acted like jerks to him since his name wasn't Aaron freakin' Rowand or Brian 'never met a cougar I didn't like' Anderson.

Defend the ugly behavior all you want; but we jumped on that kid's case as soon as we could, literally. We as a fanbase looked bush league and like a bunch of jerks. How little did we remember that when he made "The Catch" but we proved one thing that day:

We know how to turn on a player as soon as we can. We proved we're only happy when we're complaining. This fan base, even prior to 2005 was like that; but once that final out in Houston was recorded; we became far worse.

Instead of a winning ugly team; we've become (not entirely, but the most vocally) ugly fans I've seen in recent years. Call it passion, call it caring for your team; I call it bush league.

Boo the guy after going 0-20. Booing him after 0-2?

That's acting like a jerk. Period.

Domeshot17
10-11-2009, 05:54 PM
How is he supposed to do that when we as a fanbase already gave up on him after two at bats? Would you encourage your kid that way; telling him to toughen up? Yes, he's a professional ball player. And yes, he made more money than the average mailman. But Wise wasn't making A-Rod money; and he was just a guy who got a chance to be a pro ball player. And the fans acted like jerks to him since his name wasn't Aaron freakin' Rowand or Brian 'never met a cougar I didn't like' Anderson.

Defend the ugly behavior all you want; but we jumped on that kid's case as soon as we could, literally. We as a fanbase looked bush league and like a bunch of jerks. How little did we remember that when he made "The Catch" but we proved one thing that day:

We know how to turn on a player as soon as we can. We proved we're only happy when we're complaining. This fan base, even prior to 2005 was like that; but once that final out in Houston was recorded; we became far worse.

Instead of a winning ugly team; we've become (not entirely, but the most vocally) ugly fans I've seen in recent years. Call it passion, call it caring for your team; I call it bush league.

Boo the guy after going 0-20. Booing him after 0-2?

That's acting like a jerk. Period.

2005 was both good and bad. The problem is we have a GM who loves to talk about commitments to winning and championships. We have a ton of people like me that hear it and want to see results and see it, and we usually don't. I could accept dog**** seasons like this when we would run out a 50-60 million payroll. But a season like this with a payroll over 80 mil, closing in on 100, means it was 100 mil spent poorly.

In terms of Wise, I didn't say booing him was right, but being upset he was our starting CF is perfectly fine.

In terms of your average mailman comment, GMAB. Wise cleared over 300,000 dollars last year. Wise made 3 times your averag financial advisors income, and made twice your average lawyers. To make 300k in those professions you have to be good.

And in terms of what I would teach my kids, well, I wouldn't teach them to boo obviously. But I would teach them that when you are faced with an obstacle or your back is up against a wall, you don't put your tail between your legs and fold, you fight as hard as you can to turn it around. You make your own luck. I would hope Dewayne Wise, as an adult, in his 30s, as a professional, could act like one. Like I said, I don't like that Wise was boo'd in his 3rd AB, but had he gotten a hit, it would have silenced those people.

In the end people will always see things different I suppose. I work in a results driven Business. It isn't always easy and somedays you make a costly mistake. When you blow a deal or lose a client, your bosses ride you and get on you. The ones who complain or say they fail because they dont have any support are the ones who don't make it. The only way to shut up a critic is to prove them wrong, that is true in most things in life.

southside rocks
10-11-2009, 06:23 PM
But I would teach them that when you are faced with an obstacle or your back is up against a wall, you don't put your tail between your legs and fold, you fight as hard as you can to turn it around. You make your own luck. I would hope Dewayne Wise, as an adult, in his 30s, as a professional, could act like one. Like I said, I don't like that Wise was boo'd in his 3rd AB, but had he gotten a hit, it would have silenced those people.

And yet ... the irony is that DeWayne Wise, as a major-league baseball player, had to go out there every day and perform. It was, you say, on him to "silence those people." But the boo birds? They NEVER have to perform. They never do ****. They sit on their asses and they judge others for something they not only can't do, but most often don't know much about: playing the game of baseball. Playing it, not watching it.

Wouldn't it be great if we could all be booed when we were having rough patches in our jobs and careers? If instead of just our bosses getting on us, tens of thousands of strangers hurled invective and abuse at us when we were struggling? Yeah! That'd be good for us! That'd teach us to make our own luck! And better yet -- it would be great to be booed by people because they think our boss sucks!

*****. That's absurd. To those who booed or would have booed DeWayne Wise on Opening Day: do that if you want to, but be aware that plenty of fans are seeing you do it and thinking 'what a loser' -- and they're not referring to Wise.

Ranger
10-11-2009, 06:26 PM
Come on, this is just company line thinking at its best. No one said the White Sox had to have a very good CF, but until we put Pods in CF, we had the worst CF in the MLB with the Anderson/Wise Platoon. Fans had every right to be ticked off last year. The White Sox added a bunch of premium games to the schedule, Kenny complained about the Fans not showing up and supporting a bad team during the Dodgers series, and all the White Sox did during the offseason was take 2 steps backwards from a very average 2008 team.

2nd, Ripping Chris Young and comparing him to Brian Anderson or Wise is a terrible terrible weak argument. I know again, its a company argument, but Chris Young hit 242 with 22 homers 85 rbis and a 758 ops in 2008. Terrible year THIS YEAR, but Young's line last year was better than Rios this year. Both have upside, and Rios was better last year as well, so we will have to see. Either way Chris Young >>>>>>>> Wise or Anderson.

3rd, A lot of fans were sick of the revolving door, just the truth. Ozzie said in the offseason he thought Wise had the inside track over Anderson and Owens. Then Owens sucked, Anderson outplayed Wise in spring training (wise had a 301 OBP with a 15:1 K:BB ratio, ouch) and Ozzie went with his boy. I wasn't there, I wasn't booing, I don't like booing your own team very much at all. But you know what, without the Fans Dewayne Wise would be a working stiff like everyone else. He gets paid good money to be very bad at his job. Thicken your skin up, put your head down, play good baseball and improve. You know how you make people stop booing you... get a few hits.. hit above .250... Don't complain and DON'T HAVE THE MANAGER GO FIGHT YOUR BATTLES FOR YOU.

Wise was like every other member of the White Sox, when he did good we loved him, and when he did bad we hated him. No one cheered for him to do poorly, I am sure had he come out, actually earned that CF job, hit 280 with a 340 OBP and stole 30 bases the Fans would have LOVED HIM. He just didn't.

I don't want to sound like Im saying its cool to BOO wise, but I am saying players who get boo'd do 1 of 3 things, they take it and don't improve, they complain and don't improve, or they take it and improve. Wise went the complain and do nothing to improve route.

Wise at one point was like the worst statistical hitter in the MLB over 70 at bats IIRC.

Ultimately just saying a lot of what I want to say in too many words. The Fans saw a team back into the playoffs last year (well back into the final weekend, play hard for 3 games). We got the playoffs, and got beat up by the AL Champs. We listened to Kenny talk his usual commitment to winning, championship players talk, and we went into the season with players like Chris Getz, Wilson Betemit,Corky Miller, Josh Fields. Dewayne Wise, Brian Anderson, Bartolo Colon and Mike Macdougal. We heard Ozzie and Kenny continually vomit out how 2008 was a full blown effort to win a division title. How there were no plans to rebuild. They felt this team was simply an improvement over 2008. We traded Nick Swisher and got nothing back (after giving up 2 top 100 prospects and another guy who was in our top 10 for him the year before) and we dealt Javy for a brilliant prospect who was a few years from being anything in the mlb.

At the end of the day, 2 things were going to Happen, Fields Wise et. all were going to pull it together and win, or they were going to be as expected. To steal a great NFL line.... Dewayne Wise and the White Sox are who we thought they were.

Enough with the "company line" garbage. Because an argument is sound and goes against yours, does not make it such. If anything, that's all you have to fall back on. And that is weak.

And, no, the Chris Young argument is most definitely not terrible. In fact, it's a terrific point. My point was that Young is not good and has shown nothing more than raw talent. You're going to try to compare him to Rios? Young has never put together an offensive year like Rios has and he's certainly never done it consistently. Young has had more than one bad season, Domeshot. Come on, dude.

I'm not saying Wise was a great, or even a good option. I'm saying that booing him on opening day was ridiculous even if it was not directed at him. And I realize you don't like to acknowledge this, but these guys ARE humans and that sort of thing from your home crowd CAN have an effect.

Either way, it's nearly impossible to put together a perfect team every season and when they go with Owens, Wise, Anderson, etc., it's because realistic options are limited. And let's not act like this has been a problem for decades. They've gone 3 1/2 years without a legit CF'er, and went balls out to acquire one of the best in the game a year ago. That didn't work out, but there isn't anything that could've been done to change it.

Ranger
10-11-2009, 06:45 PM
And yet ... the irony is that DeWayne Wise, as a major-league baseball player, had to go out there every day and perform. It was, you say, on him to "silence those people." But the boo birds? They NEVER have to perform. They never do ****. They sit on their asses and they judge others for something they not only can't do, but most often don't know much about: playing the game of baseball. Playing it, not watching it.

Wouldn't it be great if we could all be booed when we were having rough patches in our jobs and careers? If instead of just our bosses getting on us, tens of thousands of strangers hurled invective and abuse at us when we were struggling? Yeah! That'd be good for us! That'd teach us to make our own luck! And better yet -- it would be great to be booed by people because they think our boss sucks!

*****. That's absurd. To those who booed or would have booed DeWayne Wise on Opening Day: do that if you want to, but be aware that plenty of fans are seeing you do it and thinking 'what a loser' -- and they're not referring to Wise.

I love your posts. Huge fan of rational thinking.

It's not even the booing that's bothersome. It's the booing before a guy gets a chance. So to use your analogy, what happened to Wise is the equivalent of getting a new job and on the first day of work everyone comes by your desk to tell you how much you suck and that they wish someone else had gotten it.

gobears1987
10-11-2009, 06:53 PM
I was there on opening day and the booing was disgusting. I have no problem booing a player who is dogging it out there, but no one can ever say that Wise was ever dogging it. I wasn't even a fan of Wise, but I had to defend him constantly as the FOBAs and anti-Ozzie crowd here ganged up on him like a bunch of vultures. I lost a lot of respect for some posters here when I saw how they treated Wise. I was very glad that he got to be the hero during Buehrle's perfect game as Wise deserved an opportunity like that.

dickallen15
10-11-2009, 07:06 PM
I love your posts. Huge fan of rational thinking.

It's not even the booing that's bothersome. It's the booing before a guy gets a chance. So to use your analogy, what happened to Wise is the equivalent of getting a new job and on the first day of work everyone comes by your desk to tell you how much you suck and that they wish someone else had gotten it.
While I don't boo at all and only would if a player wasn't giving his best effort, to compare professional sports as a job with an office job or normal job is beyond ridiculous. People pay a lot of money to watch guys play baseball. They don't pay a lot to watch a guy answer emails. If they didn't pay this money, guys like Dewayne Wise wouldn't have earned close to $1 million the last 2 years. All these players also know booing is part of the job. I bet a decent majority went to games when they were younger and booed players. . Most of these players make more money from April to October than most will make in a lifetime. Being booed when not performing well, being bothered to sign autographs, is a something that goes with the job. I wouldn't expect them to like it, I know I wouldn't, but I'm not going to feel sorry for them. They could always try to get a regular job instead of playing a game most of us spent our entire summers playing as kids, for a living. In fact, most who work in the service industry would disagree about people telling them they suck and they don't make $400k a year minimum. I thought booing Wise was was silly, just like I think giving Buerhle an ovation after he gets lifted after getting lit up in the 3rd inning is silly. Just like I think taking out frustration on a meal at a restaurant on a waitress is silly. People get way too pissed when guys screw up and idolize guys who do well way too much. Mike Ditka still makes millions off a Super Bowl 24 years ago. I'm guilty of obsessing about baseball too much. My life doesn't really change much if the Sox win the WS or lose 90 games. At least not as much as the agonizing I go through would suggest.

I just think people giving players a hard time think they affect their performance. I sit in the club level and a few years ago, there were some guys in their early 20s by us and when Jeff Bagwell came to the plate, they would yell at the top of their lungs as each pitch was delivered, "Hey, Bagwell,you suck" then high fived each other and laughed hysterically when he would foul a pitch off, like it was all their doing, they rattled him. Bagwell hit 3 homers that day.

southside rocks
10-11-2009, 07:33 PM
While I don't boo at all and only would if a player wasn't giving his best effort, to compare professional sports as a job with an office job or normal job is beyond ridiculous.

My post wasn't an attempt to compare pro sports with an office job, it was an attempt to present a viewpoint of empathy: we've all struggled, all gone through bad patches in our jobs/careers, and we don't any of us appreciate being gotten down on for that.

Yes, a professional athlete knows -- much more than an office worker does -- that it's an occupational risk. I know that. That wasn't my point.

I went to a Sox/Yankees game at the Cell this summer and I, and a large portion of the rest of the crowd, booed loudly each time A-Rod came to bat. We booed louder in the later innings and we cheered raucously when he struck out. (And then we cheered wildly when DeWayne Wise walked the Sox off in the bottom of the ninth with a game-winning hit.) That booing was for A-Rod being a cheat and a juicer. If he hears that everywhere he goes, for the rest of his career, it would bother me not at all.

There are players who should be booed, and there is play that should be booed. Booing A-Rod is an expression of disgust at his character and actions. Booing DeWayne Wise on Opening Day is ignorant.

dickallen15
10-11-2009, 07:45 PM
My post wasn't an attempt to compare pro sports with an office job, it was an attempt to present a viewpoint of empathy: we've all struggled, all gone through bad patches in our jobs/careers, and we don't any of us appreciate being gotten down on for that.

Yes, a professional athlete knows -- much more than an office worker does -- that it's an occupational risk. I know that. That wasn't my point.

I went to a Sox/Yankees game at the Cell this summer and I, and a large portion of the rest of the crowd, booed loudly each time A-Rod came to bat. We booed louder in the later innings and we cheered raucously when he struck out. (And then we cheered wildly when DeWayne Wise walked the Sox off in the bottom of the ninth with a game-winning hit.) That booing was for A-Rod being a cheat and a juicer. If he hears that everywhere he goes, for the rest of his career, it would bother me not at all.

There are players who should be booed, and there is play that should be booed. Booing A-Rod is an expression of disgust at his character and actions. Booing DeWayne Wise on Opening Day is ignorant.

Do you boo Tyler Flowers? He was a cheat and a juicer. I agree booing Wise was stupid, but its part of his job. He's going to find out soon enough about life not worrying about being booed, and when he looks at his paychecks, he'll probably long for the days of being booed. I don't think booing gets into the visiting team's players' heads. If anything they feed off it. ARod probably enjoys being the villian. I'm not trying to make this to boo or not to boo, its not my place to tell fans how to act. I do think the "I paid for my ticket, I can act however I please" is garbage, and I feel you agree, but, and as you stated it could be misguided because many in the stands don't know very much about the game. If there is some civility to it, booing isn't necessarily evil and may help some relieve themselves of tension in their lives and baseball has always advertised itself as an escape from the rest of life's stresses. I just choose to pass on the practice personally, unless as I stated earlier I can see a definite lack of effort. I feel the cost of my ticket entitles me to at least that.

southside rocks
10-11-2009, 08:23 PM
I do think the "I paid for my ticket, I can act however I please" is garbage, and I feel you agree, but, and as you stated it could be misguided because many in the stands don't know very much about the game. If there is some civility to it, booing isn't necessarily evil and may help some relieve themselves of tension in their lives and baseball has always advertised itself as an escape from the rest of life's stresses. I just choose to pass on the practice personally, unless as I stated earlier I can see a definite lack of effort. I feel the cost of my ticket entitles me to at least that.

I agree.

And I haven't seen Flowers play yet. :tongue: I pretty much only boo the players -- Clemens, Bonds, A-Rod -- whose transgressions have been well-documented.

slavko
10-11-2009, 08:28 PM
Dewayne, you were an OK guy and grindy too. Thanks for being better than Jerry Owens. I wouldn't be amazed if we saw you here again, maybe outside the foul lines.

Ranger
10-11-2009, 10:19 PM
While I don't boo at all and only would if a player wasn't giving his best effort, to compare professional sports as a job with an office job or normal job is beyond ridiculous. People pay a lot of money to watch guys play baseball. They don't pay a lot to watch a guy answer emails. If they didn't pay this money, guys like Dewayne Wise wouldn't have earned close to $1 million the last 2 years. All these players also know booing is part of the job. I bet a decent majority went to games when they were younger and booed players. . Most of these players make more money from April to October than most will make in a lifetime. Being booed when not performing well, being bothered to sign autographs, is a something that goes with the job. I wouldn't expect them to like it, I know I wouldn't, but I'm not going to feel sorry for them. They could always try to get a regular job instead of playing a game most of us spent our entire summers playing as kids, for a living. In fact, most who work in the service industry would disagree about people telling them they suck and they don't make $400k a year minimum. I thought booing Wise was was silly, just like I think giving Buerhle an ovation after he gets lifted after getting lit up in the 3rd inning is silly. Just like I think taking out frustration on a meal at a restaurant on a waitress is silly. People get way too pissed when guys screw up and idolize guys who do well way too much. Mike Ditka still makes millions off a Super Bowl 24 years ago. I'm guilty of obsessing about baseball too much. My life doesn't really change much if the Sox win the WS or lose 90 games. At least not as much as the agonizing I go through would suggest.

I just think people giving players a hard time think they affect their performance. I sit in the club level and a few years ago, there were some guys in their early 20s by us and when Jeff Bagwell came to the plate, they would yell at the top of their lungs as each pitch was delivered, "Hey, Bagwell,you suck" then high fived each other and laughed hysterically when he would foul a pitch off, like it was all their doing, they rattled him. Bagwell hit 3 homers that day.

We completely agree that playing a professional sport is a much different animal than having a normal office job. No argument there. However, I was making the point (in expansion of what southside said) that reaction from the crowd CAN, in fact, affect player performance and that it would be unnerving (regardless of your line of work) if everyone was immediately against you the moment you stepped on the field.

And I understand the Bagwell reference, but I think that's different. Opposing players think it's funny when the crowd tells them "they suck." It doesn't really affect them all that much. But if you're DeWayne Wise, it's probably a little distressing if you're getting booed by your own crowd (the crowd that's supposed to be supporting you) on opening day. Psychologically, when you're expecting support and you get the opposite, it can be tough. Regardless of how much money you make.

Now, I'm sure he would completely understand if that would've happened to him in June and he was in the lineup everyday and batting .180. But that happened in his third AB. Uncalled for.

Domeshot17
10-11-2009, 10:45 PM
Enough with the "company line" garbage. Because an argument is sound and goes against yours, does not make it such. If anything, that's all you have to fall back on. And that is weak.

And, no, the Chris Young argument is most definitely not terrible. In fact, it's a terrific point. My point was that Young is not good and has shown nothing more than raw talent. You're going to try to compare him to Rios? Young has never put together an offensive year like Rios has and he's certainly never done it consistently. Young has had more than one bad season, Domeshot. Come on, dude.

I'm not saying Wise was a great, or even a good option. I'm saying that booing him on opening day was ridiculous even if it was not directed at him. And I realize you don't like to acknowledge this, but these guys ARE humans and that sort of thing from your home crowd CAN have an effect.

Either way, it's nearly impossible to put together a perfect team every season and when they go with Owens, Wise, Anderson, etc., it's because realistic options are limited. And let's not act like this has been a problem for decades. They've gone 3 1/2 years without a legit CF'er, and went balls out to acquire one of the best in the game a year ago. That didn't work out, but there isn't anything that could've been done to change it.

1 it wasn't a knock on your argument. Youre post read like "look, its okay the white sox haven't had any talent in CF in 4 years because They tried hard to get Hunter and they had prospects who failed and not many other teams have a very good CF so its just not their fault". I would argue it is not okay. It is Kenny's job to GET a guy, not to almost get him. I wouldn't have signed Hunter for the money he got either, but I damn sure would have had a plan B that was not Anderson or Wise. Its like nothing Kenny or Ozzie or Walker or anyone with the White Sox does is wrong ever. Sometimes the fans have the right to be upset when they pay for a product that was never given a chance to succeed. Kenny and Ozzie spewed a lot of crap this year and the team didn't back it up. Unfortunately the play on the field will always be a direct reflection of the manager and gm.

Chris Young, my point was his 230 average 22 homers 85 rbis and 750 OPS would be the best CF we have had since Rowand. That is how bad we have been, Chris Young isn't great, I wouldn't call him terrible but he isn't good. But he was leaps and bounds better than the production we got.

Again, I am not saying I don't think its okay to boo guys on opening day but I do think guys have to be tough. I mean different example but look at A Rod. The story about his roids comes out, hes hurt. hes boo'd at home, he's boo'd on the road EVERYwhere, hes on every news channel known to man, and he puts up a big year. He shut up everyone.

I can empathize with a player who is going through something tough, or a coach. I played sports through college and I understand how life can impact play on the field. I can even understand its not his fault he was the starting CF.

I guess we are arguing different things. Bottomline, I do not condone booing your own players much at all, let alone opening day. I do understand people pay money to see the product on the field, so if the product sucks they voice it. For me, I think you voice your displeasure after a game not during it. I also do not agree with a player calling out the fans. Without the fans the player would be in a much worse spot. the truth is the players need the fans as much as the fans need the athletes. Would Dewayne Wise make more than your average mailman if the White Sox drew like a WNBA team?

In the end, he's gone. Just like Brian Anderson, too much is made of a guy who never did anything because the Sox couldn't just fill the CF position. For a guy who should never have had more than a cup of coffee on a pro team, he will forever live positively in White Sox memories because of that catch. As much as I did not enjoy his play (far too many strikeouts for me), I'll never take the autographed picture of that catch off my wall. When he is 60 years old he can take his grandkids to the HOF and show them his piece of Mark's display.

Hell, he will probably win every catch/play/webgem of the year award they give out this year. The catch is legendary, its never going to die.

Waysouthsider
10-11-2009, 10:52 PM
Lookit, if the guy doesn't give it up in Detroit and doesn't hurt his shoulder, who knows what happens this season? He was just starting to find his groove...

I started him last season when his pinch hit slammer made a major contribution to getting us in the playoffs. I was at the game with the old man and we're like "who the hell is this guy?" and what is Ozzie thinking...then zip! We are on our way..it was great...especially after that frigid rainy day and the horrible bullpen performance....

And...of course, there's that little deal with the catch as well....

Waysouthsider
10-11-2009, 10:53 PM
started "liking him"....sorry for the typo...

Frankfan4life
10-11-2009, 11:18 PM
Good Luck and best wishes Dewayne. I wish things had worked out better for you here. Thanks for giving us some memorable moments. I hope things work out for you on another team.

It's Dankerific
10-14-2009, 01:25 AM
ALL the luck in THE WORLD to sign anywhere else.