PDA

View Full Version : whitesox.com and spam

roylestillman
10-09-2009, 08:07 AM
I know it's all part of marketing and it helps pay the bills, but is anybody else getting tired of the use of whitesox.com to send ads for products and services unrelated to the Sox or even baseball? I rely on whitesox.com for news alerts and I'd hate to put it in the spam penalty box, but it is starting to get a little out of hand.

g0g0
10-09-2009, 09:00 AM
I don't get too many things from them. I remember picking what I wanted to receive when I got on the list. I believe I now get a lot more junk from the MLB in general doing things like the All-Star ballot.

UChicagoHP
10-09-2009, 09:16 AM
I feel your pain...advertising/commercials/etc(could easily cross a few lines, but I'll stop) get worse with each passing year. I'm even finding product placement in books nowadays...:dtroll:

soxgirl617
10-10-2009, 04:36 AM
I've found that I get a lot less spam from whitesox.com/mlb.com since I started being very vigilant about unchecking the "I'd like communications from mlb.com" box every time I order something from MLB.com, vote for the All-Star team, etc. The default is to have that box checked, so you have to be careful to uncheck it. Doesn't solve all of it, but the level of spam has dropped by about 70%.