PDA

View Full Version : Season ticket prices announced

DumpJerry
10-08-2009, 06:06 PM
Just got an email from the Sox. Invoices are being sent out as we speak (or read).

They said my invoice price will be the same as last year. I have a full season package.

I guess we ate enough hot dogs and bought enough Beckham and Peavy shirts this year.

dakuda
10-08-2009, 06:08 PM
I just received the email to renew for next year. The ystate that the price will stay the same compared to 2009.

The entire Chicago White Sox organization appreciates and recognizes your commitment of time and money as a season ticket holder. If you have not received your invoice for your 2010 season tickets in the mail you will be receiving it very soon. On the invoice you will see the cost of your season package, which is the same as 2009. Additionally, your total resale credits to date and your total balance due are noted.

We are offering three payment options this year. The first option is to pay in full by November 20, 2009. The second option is the Standard Payment Plan; 50% of the value of the season package in by November 20, 2009, and the remaining balance due on January 22, 2010. The third option is the Auto Payment Plan (credit card only). The Auto Payment Plan consists of 30% due by November 20, 2009, 30% due on December 18, 2009, and the final 40% due on January 22, 2010.

I would prefer to go back to 2008 prices, without the 9% increase my plan experienced, but at least they are not raising it any more.

Domeshot17
10-08-2009, 06:13 PM
Foolish in my mind. Bad economy plus a bad team = drop the prices a bit. Should have never had the 9% raise the begin with.

dickallen15
10-08-2009, 06:19 PM
What's scary is they had the extra playoff dates last year, 3 in all, jacked up ticket prices about 10% and dropped payroll at least until they acquired Peavy and Rios, more than any other team except SD. I wonder what that means to the 2010 payroll. I thought they may throw a bone and drop the price a little bit, but I'll take holding the line.

DumpJerry
10-08-2009, 06:19 PM
Foolish in my mind. Bad economy plus a bad team = drop the prices a bit. Should have never had the 9% raise the begin with.
That so-called 9% increase has been discussed to death. It was less than 9% and the City raised the tax on the tickets 1% last year, so it wasn't all the White Sox. More premier games in 2009 vs. 2008 caused the overall price to go up, but it was less than 9% per game in the same price category.

dickallen15
10-08-2009, 06:32 PM
That so-called 9% increase has been discussed to death. It was less than 9% and the City raised the tax on the tickets 1% last year, so it wasn't all the White Sox. More premier games in 2009 vs. 2008 caused the overall price to go up, but it was less than 9% per game in the same price category.

Funny the Bulls ticket prices didn't rise even with the higher tax. The Sox raised the prices last year even with the bad economy because they could. They had the playoff money in hand and knew people would renew. They don't have that luxury this year. I predict at least a 25% drop in season ticket accounts. I think there were plenty of people who really couldn't afford tickets this year that went for it, and I think there are a lot of companies that can't justify the spending and there are some small fish who buy packages and sell a lot of the games and they were having a tough time getting anywhere near face value for them. I know I bought a pair of Jim Beam Club tickets on stubhub for $49 each for Peavy's debut.

SoxFan1979
10-08-2009, 08:09 PM
I was wondering how much do you guys spend on season tickets?

Domeshot17
10-08-2009, 08:19 PM

I know that but come on, we both know adding more premier games was just a different road to the same result. It hurt Season Ticket Holders more than the average fan is all. It also blew up in the Sox faces as they couldn't sell out a dodger weekend. Keeping it the same way is going to continue to have open seats in the ballpark, IMO.

chisoxfanatic
10-08-2009, 09:52 PM
My 1 seat in 149 for the 27-game weekday plan cost me $1045. In the next month, I am going to sit down, plan a budget, pull out my paycheck stubs, and see if it's feasible. Right now, I just don't know. And, if I am able to, I'll have to sell off about 5-10 games.

DumpJerry
10-08-2009, 10:00 PM
It depends on your seat location. I'm in 115 which is lower box (the seats between the dugouts and Foul Poles). The face value of my tickets is $6.00 off the Box Office price. So look at the Box Office price for each category of game, subtract $6.00, count how many games are in each category and multiply the price. I don't know what the discount for the 27 game plan is (less than $6.00). The Monday games are $6.00 off the non-half priced box office price, not discounted from the half-off price.

If you do to the Sox' site, I'm sure you can get the prices of the packages.

To the poster who predicts a 25% drop in renewals. Very, very unlikely. Even after that cesspool known as 2007, the drop-off was less than 10%.

chisoxfanatic
10-08-2009, 10:02 PM
It depends on your seat location. I'm in 115 which is lower box (the seats between the dugouts and Foul Poles). The face value of my tickets is $6.00 off the Box Office price. So look at the Box Office price for each category of game, subtract $6.00, count how many games are in each category and multiply the price. I don't know what the discount for the 27 game plan is (less than $6.00). The Monday games are $6.00 off the non-half priced box office price, not discounted from the half-off price.

If you do to the Sox' site, I'm sure you can get the prices of the packages.

To the poster who predicts a 25% drop in renewals. Very, very unlikely. Even after that cesspool known as 2007, the drop-off was less than 10%.
I'm only speaking for the Hit & Run weekday plan. Our discount was $4 per ticket off the box office price.

Lip Man 1
10-08-2009, 10:04 PM
A drop would have been nice but I think the Sox understood some of what they did last year backfired and they didn't want to make the same mistake again.

With that said not raising prices will still generate some positive publicity.

Lip

Harry Potter
10-08-2009, 10:21 PM
I'm assuming that those of us who paid our post-season invoices will lose the $25 "Shipping/Handling Fee" when that money is applied to 2010. If so, kind of ironic, seeing how they never shipped out any "souvenir" playoff tickets (to my knowledge) like they did in 2006 and all they did was handle our money.

But more importantly, I'm glad to hear the prices stayed the same

DumpJerry
10-08-2009, 10:39 PM
I'm assuming that those of us who paid our post-season invoices will lose the $25 "Shipping/Handling Fee" when that money is applied to 2010. If so, kind of ironic, seeing how they never shipped out any "souvenir" playoff tickets (to my knowledge) like they did in 2006 and all they did was handle our money.

But more importantly, I'm glad to hear the prices stayed the same
A caller on The Score last night who is a long-time ST holder said the same thing about the non-shipment. He said he called the Sox and was told "we did not expect to make it to the post-season." He did not mind paying in advance.

It's Dankerific
10-09-2009, 02:03 AM

The prices were lower, we were closer to a World Championship and back to back 90+ win seasons, and THE ECONOMY WAS BETTER.

I think there will be some blood this offseason in the STH pool.

A caller on The Score last night who is a long-time ST holder said the same thing about the non-shipment. He said he called the Sox and was told "we did not expect to make it to the post-season." He did not mind paying in advance.

Nice honesty, after the fact.

PalehosePlanet
10-09-2009, 01:10 PM
My 1 seat in 149 for the 27-game weekday plan cost me $1045. In the next month, I am going to sit down, plan a budget, pull out my paycheck stubs, and see if it's feasible. Right now, I just don't know. And, if I am able to, I'll have to sell off about 5-10 games.

I was under the impression that if we chose not to pay our post-season invoices that we would forfeit our seats. Therefore, I was forced to make my decision over a month ago. Did I miss something in the fine print?

BTW: I'm also in 149 but the weekend package.

DumpJerry
10-09-2009, 01:29 PM
I was under the impression that if we chose not to pay our post-season invoices that we would forfeit our seats. Therefore, I was forced to make my decision over a month ago. Did I miss something in the fine print?

The only way you lost your seats was if you paid and choose the cash refund option for the games not played. If you paid and let the balance roll over or did not pay at all, your seats were safe. This topic was covered in the thread where some people accused the Sox of killing babies and widows over their policy regarding refunds of post season games not played.

mrfourni
10-09-2009, 03:03 PM
The only way you lost your seats was if you paid and choose the cash refund option for the games not played. If you paid and let the balance roll over or did not pay at all, your seats were safe. This topic was covered in the thread where some people accused the Sox of killing babies and widows over their policy regarding refunds of post season games not played.

As with everything else season ticket related with the White Sox, whether that policy was made clear to you or not all depended on who your season ticket rep is. If you have an unresponsive rep, like I have, its understandable that people are confused about the playoff ticket policy.

ewokpelts
10-09-2009, 04:09 PM
I expect season ticket retention to be high. Prolly 93%.

skobabe8
10-09-2009, 10:13 PM

All you have to do is notify your ticket rep and send in your post-season invoice with a written explanation on it that you do not want post-season tickets, but you do want to renew the following year.

I had no problem.

Scottiehaswheels
10-09-2009, 10:22 PM
I'm probably not going to do my singleton full season again (just don't get up there enough) but will likely get 3 weekend plans. I'm not going to sign up for them until March though. No reason to have it sitting on my credit card until then.

chisoxfanatic
10-09-2009, 11:20 PM
All you have to do is notify your ticket rep and send in your post-season invoice with a written explanation on it that you do not want post-season tickets, but you do want to renew the following year.

I had no problem.
You didn't even have to go that far. If you didn't even send the postseason invoice in with that written explanation, they are assuming you might renew, and they still send you the invoice for next year, allowing you to make your decision then.

DumpJerry
10-09-2009, 11:51 PM

I had no problem.

You didn't even have to go that far. If you didn't even send the postseason invoice in with that written explanation, they are assuming you might renew, and they still send you the invoice for next year, allowing you to make your decision then.
CSF is correct. There was no need to send in an empty post season invoice. They know whether or not you're renewing when they receive your payment for next year when the first payments are due.

I ♥ Hawk and BA
10-10-2009, 02:58 AM
Any idea if they'll be offering seat relocations?

chisoxfanatic
10-10-2009, 11:08 AM
Any idea if they'll be offering seat relocations?
You have to talk to your ticket rep. If you have a proactive rep, you're in much better hands.

mdkirstein
10-11-2009, 08:14 AM
My rep said they can't discuss relocation until after everyone pays or doesn't renew in January. Renewal for me may rest on the ability to improve seat location, which I may not know until January, so I may take chances and see what's available in March. I woudn't buy a car today if I wanted a Black one and they only had Red available - why would I pay 100% for my seats and then let Sox decide if they want to give me better ones? I love going and emotions may take over and renew regardless, but, if I look at pure value and customer service, I am not sure I'd renew my 4 seats.

Interested from group what seniority gets you? I am in my 4th year, rep says I lose seniority, I asked what it really gets me, - anyone have an idea? I haven't heard back yet.

Steelrod
10-11-2009, 08:43 AM
My rep said they can't discuss relocation until after everyone pays or doesn't renew in January. Renewal for me may rest on the ability to improve seat location, which I may not know until January, so I may take chances and see what's available in March. I woudn't buy a car today if I wanted a Black one and they only had Red available - why would I pay 100% for my seats and then let Sox decide if they want to give me better ones? I love going and emotions may take over and renew regardless, but, if I look at pure value and customer service, I am not sure I'd renew my 4 seats.

Interested from group what seniority gets you? I am in my 4th year, rep says I lose seniority, I asked what it really gets me, - anyone have an idea? I haven't heard back yet.If you let yours go, most likely what would be available based on no seniority, would not be as good as you previously had.
Someone with less than 4 years seniority will end up with yours!

ewokpelts
10-12-2009, 11:08 AM
I'm probably not going to do my singleton full season again (just don't get up there enough) but will likely get 3 weekend plans. I'm not going to sign up for them until March though. No reason to have it sitting on my credit card until then.you're probab ly better off with the full season, as you get more perks. and lower prices.

ewokpelts
10-15-2009, 04:29 PM
anyone NOT get thier invoices yet?

Cuck the Fubs
10-15-2009, 04:46 PM
I got mine....one of the 3 of us in the plan can't swing it due to finances. :whiner:

The second guy is on the fence as well...

Things aren't looking good for me :angry:

chisoxfanatic
10-15-2009, 05:26 PM
I'm not renewing. I'd like to be able to go to 25-30 Blackhawks games this year and be able to afford a Blackhawks season ticket plan next season, so I can't swing it. I'll just buy some single-game tickets when I want to attend games.

LauraJ14
10-15-2009, 05:41 PM
anyone NOT get thier invoices yet?

I haven't gotten mine yet, I checked online the other day and there was no invoice posted either.

SOXSINCE'70
10-15-2009, 05:42 PM
Not raising prices will still generate some positive publicity.

Lip

Putting a winning,competitive team on the field would help as well.
No teal needed.

soxfanreggie
10-15-2009, 06:56 PM
I got mine....one of the 3 of us in the plan can't swing it due to finances. :whiner:

The second guy is on the fence as well...

Things aren't looking good for me :angry:

Do you split with them or go to the games with them? If you split with them, wouldn't a 27 game plan work for you?

itsnotrequired
10-17-2009, 11:28 PM
I haven't gotten mine yet, I checked online the other day and there was no invoice posted either.

same here. no e-mail, no letter and nothing online.

Scottiehaswheels
10-18-2009, 07:32 AM
you're probab ly better off with the full season, as you get more perks. and lower prices.I know, I've been a season ticket holder for 6 years now... I just live 3 hours away now and can only make it up for about 5 games a year at best and have to sell the rest. I have much better luck selling weekend games than weekday ones vs. the Royals so I see this as a way to lose less money.

dickallen15
10-18-2009, 07:57 AM
I still think there is going to be a huge drop off is season ticket sales this year. Last year's playoff money basically averted a drop. The attendance drop was Ozzie plans and single game buyers. Now you will see the people who would have most likely dropped last year if they hadn't basically already paid, and this year's drop with the continuing economic problems and a bad 2009 season.

doogiec
10-21-2009, 12:12 PM

I never received an email or paper invoice, but my invoice posted online today. As reported by others, it is exactly the same amount as last year. Also, I was credited the full amount of my postseason payment (including shipping/handling), so it looks like the Sox handled this honestly. It would have been ridiculous to charge shipping and handling for tickets that were probably never even printed.

ewokpelts
10-21-2009, 12:34 PM
the prime/regular/premium games havent been decided yet.

My weekend package is prices exactly the same, even though i dont have 2 red sox(premium) games on my package. i dont think these prices are truly set in stone.

russ99
10-21-2009, 07:05 PM

And they'll never roll back prices, unless we do a hardcore gut rebuild, so don't wish for things that (hopefully) won't come true.

I hope they take whatever extra they made last and this year and sink it into the payroll for next season, since that would have more of an effect on attendance than lower prices and we'll have a better team.

itsnotrequired
10-21-2009, 10:23 PM
finally got my invoice online today. no change to my upper reserved full plan.

:dancingfruit: