PDA

View Full Version : Good job Jerry!

Jerry_Manuel
06-09-2002, 01:23 PM
The offense came out smoking, he must have done a good job of motivating them in the locker room. Because, hell, whenever they look like crap everyone says he did a bad job.

neal
06-09-2002, 01:25 PM
They looked very good, hopefully it can continue into the next innings. Of course C. Lee was the one to end it in the 1st :)

LongDistanceFan
06-09-2002, 01:27 PM
hey jer.... do you know if the game is on any internet radio

Jerry_Manuel
06-09-2002, 01:28 PM
I don't know of any other place than the pay service offered by mlb.com.

LongDistanceFan
06-09-2002, 01:29 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
I don't know of any other place than the pay service offered by mlb.com. ok... thanks

duke of dorwood
06-09-2002, 01:31 PM
Maybe they had Julie on 670 this AM listening to the fans bash them

Jerry_Manuel
06-09-2002, 01:37 PM
Originally posted by duke of dorwood
Maybe they had Julie on 670 this AM listening to the fans bash them

Nah, ask Viva, he'll tell you. When the team looks like they did last night, Manuel should have motivated them better.

LongDistanceFan
06-09-2002, 01:52 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

Nah, ask Viva, he'll tell you. When the team looks like they did last night, Manuel should have motivated them better. i just got the mlb radio......... thanks....... how did they get the 2 runs?

HawkDJ
06-09-2002, 04:38 PM
Everybody really needs to lay off Jerry Manuel. I don't think he is doing a great job but he is not doing terrible. When his players don't produce it is not his fault. If he makes a move that doesn't work out, then you all say he should've made the other move. You just can't be pleased.

Viva Magglio
06-09-2002, 04:51 PM
I'll give Jerry credit for a good game today. For whatever reason, the offense finally woke up and snapped this hex on Sunday. Now if Jerry would stop, among other things:
Having Carlos Lee bunt
Bringing Keith Foulke into either a tie game or the 8th inning
Listening to Nardi
Rely too much on playing the percentages and start going with his gut feeling here and there

LongDistanceFan
06-09-2002, 05:24 PM
Originally posted by HawkDJ2k2
Everybody really needs to lay off Jerry Manuel. I don't think he is doing a great job but he is not doing terrible. When his players don't produce it is not his fault. If he makes a move that doesn't work out, then you all say he should've made the other move. You just can't be pleased.
posters still haven't convince me that JM is a bad manager, however i will respect what they are saying............

FanOf14
06-09-2002, 06:38 PM
I always thought a sign of a good manager with the talent this team supports is usually above .500 at this point in time... This was one win people, let's not get overly excited about it. Let them tie a few together and get back to (and above) .500 before we think they are back on track. Don't get me wrong, I am as happy as anyone that they won today, but when was the last time they tied two wins together?