PDA

View Full Version : Scotty P -not- Comback POY?

SluggerJim
10-06-2009, 11:38 PM
What gives??? Okay, so the 'winner' had a better season, but w/o Pods, it's my opinion the Sox go 64-98.

Shame on the voters. Toronto was never in contention. Scotty P was the sole reason that we didn't finish below the Tribe.

SluggerTradedJim

JermaineDye05
10-06-2009, 11:43 PM
The voters made the right choice. After playing in only 55 games last year, Hill came back with career highs in HR, RBI, and runs scored. How can you argue with that?

Lip Man 1
10-07-2009, 12:36 AM
Jim:

The Sox were in "contention" simply because it was a crap division even with Podsednik's effort.

Hill easily had the better year and I'm not trying to dis what Scott did by the way.

Lip

soxinem1
10-07-2009, 07:08 AM
Jim:

The Sox were in "contention" simply because it was a crap division even with Podsednik's effort.

Hill easily had the better year and I'm not trying to dis what Scott did by the way.

Lip

I agree. Huge power numbers generally dominate the Comeback Player Of the Year Award.

I remember Gorman Thomas hitting 30+ HR in 1985 to win it, and he only hit .215!!!!

Aaron Hill clubbed from day one. Hard to top that.

parlaycard
10-07-2009, 07:21 AM
What gives??? Okay, so the 'winner' had a better season, but w/o Pods, it's my opinion the Sox go 64-98.

Shame on the voters. Toronto was never in contention. Scotty P was the sole reason that we didn't finish below the Tribe.

Your argument for Podsednik is partially based on the the fact that Hill plays in a division that has better teams? Really?

You answer your own question. Hill had a better season, thats why he won the award. He deserved it.

Were not Cubs fans, most Sox fans understand that Sox players don't deserve every accolade just because they play for the team we root for. As a kid I didn't understand why the Sox only had one all star every year, and that he usually didnt get to play in the all star game. As I got older, I understood that the only reason the Sox had any all stars many seasons was because of the rule that every team had to have a representative.

gobears1987
10-07-2009, 07:44 AM
Comeback Player of the Year is about personal numbers and not the impact you have on your team. MVP is an award that takes the impact on the team into effect, but that shouldn't come into play with Comeback Player of the Year. Whichever comeback player has the best personal stats should win it.

LoveYourSuit
10-07-2009, 12:38 PM
Only at WSI can you find an arguement on Hill vs Pods :rolleyes:

Comeback player of the year is a dumb award to begin with.

goofymsfan
10-07-2009, 12:52 PM
Only at WSI can you find an arguement on Hill vs Pods :rolleyes:

Comeback player of the year is a dumb award to begin with.

I have to second this!

chisox12
10-07-2009, 12:53 PM
A nice comeback year for Pods, but not even close to what Hill did. Hill deserved it.

tstrike2000
10-07-2009, 01:21 PM
Congrats to Hill. He had a nasty concussion last year and glad he made a full recovery from post concussion syndrome to have a monster year for a 2B.