PDA

View Full Version : Guess whos at SS today?

capn12
06-09-2002, 12:52 PM
Yep. our pal, Royce Clayton, in the starting lineup for the 2nd time since Jerry benched him. Way to take a stand there, Jerry!!!

LongDistanceFan
06-09-2002, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by capn12
Yep. our pal, Royce Clayton, in the starting lineup for the 2nd time since Jerry benched him. Way to take a stand there, Jerry!!! who is in the "of"

capn12
06-09-2002, 12:57 PM
Carlos Lee, yeah, he gets the start too....unbelievable....But I guess it is a good form of punishment for bad play.
"Since you are a bonehead Carlos, and since you look like you are swinging a wet newspaper, Royce, I sentence you to having to play for an underachieving Sox team everyday!!!"

RedPinStripes
06-09-2002, 12:58 PM
:firejerry

neal
06-09-2002, 01:02 PM
oh my God. He's like a parent who never follows through on their punishment.

:jerry
"Royce, your grounded."

:hitless
"Ok, daddy."

NEXT DAY

"Can I go over to play at Carlos' house?"

"Sure son, have a ball."

LongDistanceFan
06-09-2002, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by RedPinStripes
:firejerry are you broadcasting today?

Iguana775
06-09-2002, 01:03 PM
someone should bring some marbles to the park and give them to JM. cause he certainly has no balls when it comes to his lineup and players that play like schit.

Jerry_Manuel
06-09-2002, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Iguana775
someone should bring some marbles to the park and give them to JM. cause he certainly has no balls when it comes to his lineup and players that play like schit.

Yep, because lord knows Ray Durham doesn't deserve to be sitting on the bench. We need to keep trotting his ass out there every day.

LongDistanceFan
06-09-2002, 01:06 PM
Originally posted by Iguana775
someone should bring some marbles to the park and give them to JM. cause he certainly has no balls when it comes to his lineup and players that play like schit. lmao

RedPinStripes
06-09-2002, 01:41 PM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
are you broadcasting today?

No , not today. We might be on tomorrow. I'll find out later on and post it.

We will be on Wed and Sat. though

RKMeibalane
06-09-2002, 03:30 PM
Why am I not surprised? Manuel has no balls whatsoever. I had a feeling he would do something like this. He told everyone who would listen that Clayton was benched indefinitely, and Royce has started twice since then. What is going on here?

"Looks like I escaped Father Jerry's punishment again. I can get away with anything on this team."

:caballo

"I know just what you mean. I thought I would never play again after Friday night, but Father Jerry doesn't have the courage to bench me."

"I'm going to blow up Comiskey after the game. Wanna' help? We won't get into trouble. Father Jerry and Uncle Kenny won't care."

:caballo

"No, they won't. And Emperor Reinsdorf will just blame it on the fans. This is great. We are unstoppable!"

ode to veeck
06-09-2002, 04:08 PM
see royce go today--he runs really well with those pine splinter in his butt!!!

the babe was unstoppable

we should bench him more often!

I say platoon him off the bench once a week or so

foulkesfan11
06-10-2002, 09:36 AM
Why did KW make such a big deal about benching the Choice? I knew it wouldn't last.

TheBigHurt
06-10-2002, 09:49 AM
Originally posted by neal
oh my God. He's like a parent who never follows through on their punishment.

"Royce, your grounded."

"Ok, daddy."

NEXT DAY

"Can I go over to play at Carlos' house?"

"Sure son, have a ball."

lol......

duke of dorwood
06-10-2002, 10:16 AM
See, he hasn't lost this team

Dadawg_77
06-10-2002, 10:29 AM
I think, we may need to give JM a break here. The only way you can give Ray a rest is to play either Liefer at 3rd or Royce at SS. I would go with Royce at SS in that equation. Also, with Lee while sitting him might do some good, since he is hitting at Royce Clayton levels, but maybe Jerry felt sitting Lee after last nights snafu would hurt the team in that it would wreck Lee confidence. Thus play yesterday and maybe sit him today and tomorrow.

duke of dorwood
06-10-2002, 10:36 AM
Well, he'll be back at Leadoff with Kenny hurt

DrWatson27
06-10-2002, 10:50 AM
NNOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Of all the players that get injured everyday why can't Choice be one of them.

Maybe Jerry is practicing for interleague play at National League ballparks--having a pitcher hit. Although I think I would rather have some of our pitchers hit then waste ABs with Choice.

zach23
06-10-2002, 11:51 AM
Pinto seems to resemble Mush Mouth from "Fat Albert"

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/images/smilies/hitless.jpg

http://www.bugkid.com/fatalbert/pictures/004.jpg

Either put the Sox cap on Mush Mouth, or the red knit cap on Pinto and they look the same.
But if I remember correctly, when the Cosby kids played ball in the junk yard Mush Mouth was able to hit above the Mendoza line. So, maybe it isn't Pinto after all.