PDA

View Full Version : Seat Selection Priority

Bruizer
10-05-2009, 01:00 PM
I read the following at one of the Twins' Target Field sites regarding the priority of distributing season ticket seats at the new field.

SEAT SELECTION PRIORITY
There are four factors that define an individual’s season ticket priority. In order of importance these factors are:
1. Account Longevity — the number of uninterrupted years season ticket account status has been maintained through the
2009 season, with the first year of status being the first baseball season for which an account held the season ticket
2. Plan Type — the type of season ticket plan held as of the 2009 season (e.g., full-season plan, 41-game plan, 20-game
plan, Flex 40 plan, Cheap Seats Special plan*) with aligned accounts having priority over nonaligned accounts
a. Aligned Plan Type — an account in which the 2009 plan type is identical to the desired 2010 plan type (e.g., full-season
plan in 2009 and 2010)
b. Nonaligned Plan Type — an account in which the 2009 plan type is not the same as the desired 2010 plan type
(e.g., 41-game plan in 2009 and full-season plan in 2010)
3. Account Dollar Value — the total value of a season account for the 2009 season
4. Order Date — the original date of season ticket purchase

Does anyone know what the priority is at the Cell for upgrading seats?

Bru

dickallen15
10-05-2009, 01:05 PM
I read the following at one of the Twins' Target Field sites regarding the priority of distributing season ticket seats at the new field.

SEAT SELECTION PRIORITY

There are four factors that define an individual’s
season ticket priority. In order of importance these factors are:

Account Longevity — the number of uninterrupted years season ticket account status has been maintained through the
2009 season, with the first year of status being the first baseball season for which an account held the season ticket

Plan Type — the type of season ticket plan held as of the 2009 season (e.g., full-season plan, 41-game plan, 20-game
plan, Flex 40 plan, Cheap Seats Special plan*) with aligned accounts having priority over nonaligned accounts
a.

Aligned Plan Type — an account in which the 2009 plan type is identical to the desired 2010 plan type (e.g., full-season
plan in 2009 and 2010)
b.

Nonaligned Plan Type — an account in which the 2009 plan type is not the same as the desired 2010 plan type
(e.g., 41-game plan in 2009 and full-season plan in 2010)

Account Dollar Value — the total value of a season account for the 2009 season
4. Order Date — the original date of season ticket purchase

Does anyone know what the priority is at the Cell for upgrading seats?

Bru

The Sox priority is a good account rep. A good account rep will get you the better seat before someone theoretically ahead of you in line will get one. Just make sure they know you want to upgrade.

ewokpelts
10-05-2009, 02:31 PM
1. Telling the Sox.

2. Hoping your Rep dosent forget about you.

3. Hoping your rep dosent remember you pissing them off.

4. Have a current location that they have no problem re-selling.

Bruizer
10-05-2009, 03:15 PM
Was anyone here around when this was done for New Comisky back in 1990? Did they do something similar?

Bru

jmeneghini1433
10-08-2009, 01:19 PM
My family has had season tickets since 1983 and we've upgraded each year and we have seats now in section 126 since 2004. My seats however moved back from row 26 to 28 from 2006 until now.

jmeneghini1433
10-08-2009, 01:20 PM
Was anyone here around when this was done for New Comisky back in 1990? Did they do something similar?

Bru
I believe its all based on seniority and plan type.

Chez
10-08-2009, 02:15 PM

Bru

I was. My recollection is that the Sox basically tried to give you comparable seats in the new park. We simply were assigned our new seats -- no "negotiation" process. We had great seats in the old park and were fearful that we would get screwed in the reassignment process. Turned out that our seats in the new park were better (in terms of sight lines) than what we had in the old park.

tacosalbarojas
10-08-2009, 10:47 PM
I was. My recollection is that the Sox basically tried to give you comparable seats in the new park. We simply were assigned our new seats -- no "negotiation" process. We had great seats in the old park and were fearful that we would get screwed in the reassignment process. Turned out that our seats in the new park were better (in terms of sight lines) than what we had in the old park.Sounds about right. Although I didn't have season tickets in the old park, a good friend of mine did, and I sat in his seats in the old park, and have continued to enjoy his seats a few games a year for many years in the new park, and his seats at the Cell are practically identical to what he had in the old park...8 rows off the 1b dugout, middle of the dugout.

Scotty347
10-09-2009, 03:01 PM
From my experience its dumb luck.

Ewok is the mostly on.

palehosepub
10-12-2009, 12:48 PM
I have been a STH since 1991. From my experience its "who you know". I have not been able to improve my location for many years and was told that it is basically impossible to move once you are around the bases (basically sec 120 thru 146). But I have a witnessed a number of instances where that is not true. In 2006 after the world series year, we had 4 new people behind us who coincidentally were neighbors of my brother. It was their first year being STH's and the got the seats right behind mine with 15 years of "seniority". We talked to the guy and apparently he used to work for a Jerry Reinsdorf related company and "knew somebody". He has since improved his location closer to home plate. I've talk to other people with similar stories... I have six full season tickets under my name (both business and my personal seats) you would hope that someone who has consistently spent high dollars each year would get some kind of consideration but NOTHING. Each year they tell me to wait for renewals but they never get back to me with options, when I call to follow up they tell me that they had a very high renewal rate and there were no upgrades available... but I witness moves contrary to that story..

I like the idea of some type of defined process like the Twins are proposing - there IS NO PROCESS with the White Sox.

I have been on the Bears season ticket waiting list for over 5 years at least every year I get a postcard with my number on the waiting list. It moves slow but at least there feels like there is some process in place..

Sorry for the long gripe but it is my number one complaint.. I will drop my seats from 6 to 4 if they don't help me this year,,