PDA

View Full Version : Ted Williams head used for batting practice

Fenway
10-02-2009, 01:32 PM
I want to throw up

http://www.thebostonchannel.com/news/21179602/detail.html

all*star quentin
10-02-2009, 01:55 PM
How is this allowed to happen? This behavior makes me sick, what is wrong with people!

tstrike2000
10-02-2009, 01:57 PM
There's been all kinds of sick allegations about that place.

rdwj
10-02-2009, 01:58 PM
That story just keeps getting stranger and stranger

g0g0
10-02-2009, 02:59 PM
Man, he's been dead for a while and still getting hits!

captainclutch24
10-02-2009, 04:28 PM
LOL, but disgusting that they would do this.

chisox117
10-02-2009, 04:56 PM

:roflmao:

twentywontowin
10-02-2009, 05:01 PM
Heads are going to roll for that one.

Pretty messed up story.

Red Barchetta
10-02-2009, 05:04 PM
I understand the intrigue associated with freezing your body in the event future medical advancements or aliens :D: could revive the body, however why would you freeze only your head?! I guess it's cheaper than the body if they price by weight/size and I guess if the technology would exist to revive a dead body, I guess the technology would exist to attach a revived head to another body. :scratch:

Weird stuff...

ernie14
10-02-2009, 05:09 PM
Sickening. so disrespectful. Where is his family?

twentywontowin
10-02-2009, 05:11 PM
I understand the intrigue associated with freezing your body in the event future medical advancements or aliens :D: could revive the body, however why would you freeze only your head?! I guess it's cheaper than the body if they price by weight/size and I guess if the technology would exist to revive a dead body, I guess the technology would exist to attach a revived head to another body. :scratch:

Weird stuff...

Think about it. Ted Williams skill, knowledge, and eyes on the body of a cyborg that can crush the ball? He would bat 1.000.

BigKlu59
10-02-2009, 05:28 PM
And he'd do it all without wearing a "batting" helmet...Dont know if the tight assed umps these days would take to kindly to his chirping in the batters box... Radar Ted would be calling em out of the hands of the hurler and telling the ump the spin.velocity and placement before it even crossed the dish...

BigKlu59

LongLiveFisk
10-02-2009, 05:55 PM
Heads are going to roll for that one.

No pun intended, right?

In all seriousness though, that is very disturbing and just wrong. Disgusting.

guillensdisciple
10-02-2009, 06:21 PM
How is he supposed to be revived when his head is severed? I am confused.

Unless these guys are planning to go the route of futurama, I don't see how this is going to work.

chisox616
10-02-2009, 06:35 PM
How is he supposed to be revived when his head is severed? I am confused.

Unless these guys are planning to go the route of futurama, I don't see how this is going to work.

The story is kind of confusing, but I'm pretty sure the whole body was frozen--they just decapitated the head for fun? Or just because?

michned
10-02-2009, 06:53 PM
The story is kind of confusing, but I'm pretty sure the whole body was frozen--they just decapitated the head for fun? Or just because?

Wow, we need a Science Fiction category around here.

Like Red mentioned above, I think the theory is they can regenerate the body once they learn how to revive him. They have the head, the most important part (apparently).

BleacherBandit
10-02-2009, 08:44 PM
It's sick enough to freeze your remains IMHO. This is equally sick, but I will not give any of my sympathy. All parties involved in this situation are lunatics.

Frankfan4life
10-02-2009, 09:31 PM

Weird stuff...Now he's got to wait to see if plastic surgery advances enough to repair the dents in his head. This is truly a sick story.