PDA

View Full Version : Ignominious finish by the O's

waldo_the_wolf
10-01-2009, 04:44 AM
Presently, the Orioles have lost thirteen straight, and have a chance at finishing the season on a seventeen-game losing streak. That got me thinking if that would be a record for longest losing streak to end a season. Does anyone know what the record is, by chance? If not, I know I could go to baseball-reference and hunt. Anyway, how humiliating that would be to have a big fat L17 in the final standings forever.

waldo_the_wolf
10-02-2009, 03:41 AM
Well, I guess you can scratch this thought. I guess I was good luck for the O's. At any rate, it's been another dreary year at Camden Yards.

eastchicagosoxfan
10-02-2009, 05:53 AM
Well, I guess you can scratch this thought. I guess I was good luck for the O's. At any rate, it's been another dreary year at Camden Yards.
Another dreary decade. Peter Angelos has destroyed that organization.

Clembasbal
10-03-2009, 11:51 AM
Didn't they also (used to) hold the record for worst start in MLB history? Before the Tigers took that away from them

palehozenychicty
10-03-2009, 04:27 PM
Their lineup finally has some cornerstones in Markakis, Jones, Wieters, and Roberts. The pitching, however, is oogly.

DSpivack
10-03-2009, 06:07 PM
Their lineup finally has some cornerstones in Markakis, Jones, Wieters, and Roberts. The pitching, however, is oogly.

They have a lot of young pitching, but whether those pitchers are any good or not remains to be seen.

bridgeportcopper
10-04-2009, 10:24 AM
This horrendous bunch went 5-4 vs. our White Sox this season! Man, there are so many things that anger me about this year!

SOXfnNlansing
10-04-2009, 01:59 PM
this horrendous bunch went 5-4 vs. Our white sox this season! Man, there are so many things that anger me about this year!

+1

LITTLE NELL
10-04-2009, 02:07 PM
Didn't they also (used to) hold the record for worst start in MLB history? Before the Tigers took that away from them
I think they still do, 21 straight losses to start the 88 season.

PS They won game 22 against us.

waldo_the_wolf
10-05-2009, 03:11 AM
Interestingly enough, they actually WON all four of their final games. I guess I must really have been good luck. I guess next year I should make a lot of pessimistic posts about the White Sox.

TommyJohn
10-05-2009, 08:53 AM
Interestingly enough, they actually WON all four of their final games. I guess I must really have been good luck. I guess next year I should make a lot of pessimistic posts about the White Sox.
Please, no! They are enough around here already!

SOX ADDICT '73
10-05-2009, 10:14 AM
And just how will we distinguish you from most of the other posters on these boards? :tongue: