PDA

View Full Version : One Year Ago Today......

Hitmen77
09-30-2009, 02:14 PM
http://chisoxcollector.com/images/pfimages/thome_16x20.jpg

With the way the Sox played this year, it already feels like a long time ago.

jdm2662
09-30-2009, 02:17 PM
Since I wasn't fortunate enough to attend the 2005 playoffs, this was by far the best Sox game I ever attended. God bless the Jewish holiday. It made my commute from Northbrook to the Ball Park much easier.

Sucks this year ended up as is, but oh well. **** happens in sports/life.

ChiSox89
09-30-2009, 02:24 PM
Since I wasn't fortunate enough to attend the 2005 playoffs, this was by far the best Sox game I ever attended. God bless the Jewish holiday. It made my commute from Northbrook to the Ball Park much easier.

Sucks this year ended up as is, but oh well. **** happens in sports/life.

This was the best game I had attended too, until this year. Was first row on the third base side for Buehrle's perfect game. Two historic games in two years. I am lucky.

oeo
09-30-2009, 02:31 PM
With the way the Sox played this year, it already feels like a long time ago.

It doesn't seem like it's been a year to me.

Lip Man 1
09-30-2009, 02:45 PM
With apologies to Diana Washington..."what a difference a year makes...."

Lip

tstrike2000
09-30-2009, 04:54 PM
Being at that game with my dad, it was probably the best game he and I have ever attended. It doesn't seem like it's been a year already.

PatK
09-30-2009, 05:03 PM
Since I wasn't fortunate enough to attend the 2005 playoffs, this was by far the best Sox game I ever attended.

Same here.

That, and the "Turn Back the Clock" game against the Dodgers in 2005 where AJ hit the walkoff are the best games I've ever been to.

You can't explain the feeling you get from the electricity of the crowd at games like that.

GoGoCrede
09-30-2009, 06:14 PM
Barring a playoff game in the future, THE best sporting event I have ever attended. God, this time last year I was on the el packed with Sox fans. 2008 was worth it just for that. The sea of black was beautiful.

ChiSox89
09-30-2009, 06:52 PM
The blackout game was the most electric game that I had ever been to. The crowd was as loud as it could be and to see all the black was so cool. The waving of the black towels was so cool to. I actually got goosebumps by watching the stadium wave the towels. The perfect game was pretty electric but not till later in the game. The blackout game was electric the whole game.

TommyJohn
09-30-2009, 09:15 PM
http://chisoxcollector.com/images/pfimages/thome_16x20.jpg

With the way the Sox played this year, it already feels like a long time ago.Quit living in the past.

SoxandtheCityTee
09-30-2009, 09:27 PM
One of the best experiences of my life. I was at WS Game 2, which is also very high on the list. One thing I'll say to those who couldn't be at the 2005 post season games but did see Game 163: at that game the seats were filled with Sox fans. Not Pepsi execs, not Taco Bell franchisees, none of the other MLB giveaways/bigshots, and (so far as I could see) almost no fans of the opposing team. To have a playoff game & atmosphere without the playoff "intruders" is a very rare thing. A great game, a great night.

ChiSoxGirl
09-30-2009, 09:38 PM
Being at that game with my dad, it was probably the best game he and I have ever attended. It doesn't seem like it's been a year already.

Thanks to you for reminding me- I totally forgot!!! :redface: Does that make me a bad Sox fan or just someone who's been preoccupied over the last week?

One of the best experiences of my life. I was at WS Game 2, which is also very high on the list. One thing I'll say to those who couldn't be at the 2005 post season games but did see Game 163: at that game the seats were filled with Sox fans. Not Pepsi execs, not Taco Bell franchisees, none of the other MLB giveaways/bigshots, and (so far as I could see) almost no fans of the opposing team. To have a playoff game & atmosphere without the playoff "intruders" is a very rare thing. A great game, a great night.

The Blackout was one of the best games I've ever attended and ranks right up there with each of the three playoff games I went to in 2005. Like you, I also loved how the ballpark was filled with JUST Sox fans on that awesome night. Today's weather reminded me very much of last year's- cool & crisp with a hint of fall in the air.

jmeneghini1433
09-30-2009, 09:39 PM

Took it right out of my mouth.

chisoxfanatic
09-30-2009, 09:40 PM
I walked around the 100 level pretty much that day and could count the number of Twins fans I saw on 1 hand.

GoGoCrede
09-30-2009, 09:45 PM
I walked around the 100 level pretty much that day and could count the number of Twins fans I saw on 1 hand.

Five of them sat behind me and my friend and made crude remarks about AJ's hair.

They were gone by the second out of the 9th. :cool:

chisoxfanatic
09-30-2009, 09:55 PM
Five of them sat behind me and my friend and made crude remarks about AJ's hair.

They were gone by the second out of the 9th. :cool:
So they missed the best moment of the game!!!

GoGoCrede
09-30-2009, 10:01 PM
So they missed the best moment of the game!!!

Yeah, Swisher slamming his foot down on first base was pretty classic. :cool:

twinsuck
09-30-2009, 10:20 PM
It's kinda weird how we won 1-0 tonight one year later.

chisoxfanatic
09-30-2009, 10:23 PM
Yeah, Swisher slamming his foot down on first base was pretty classic. :cool:
It was, but this FOBA was going crazy when BA made that catch about 100 feet in front of where I was sitting in right center field.

GoGoCrede
09-30-2009, 10:25 PM
It was, but this FOBA was going crazy when BA made that catch about 100 feet in front of where I was sitting in right center field.

Admit it, you were that FOBA. :tongue:

Medford Bobby
09-30-2009, 11:52 PM
What happened 19 years ago today....Bueller........Bueller......?:scratch:

soxinem1
09-30-2009, 11:57 PM

My son and I said that the night we were at that game.http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/images/icons/icon14.gif

tstrike2000
10-01-2009, 10:54 AM
Thanks to you for reminding me- I totally forgot!!! :redface: Does that make me a bad Sox fan or just someone who's been preoccupied over the last week?

It's all good, you've had just a few things going on this week. Anyway, we can now just focus on 2010 and hopefully a Sox team that will re-tool and compete for the division again.

SOXSINCE'70
10-01-2009, 11:04 AM

Lip

That's Dinah Washington.And the song was
"What A Difference A Day Made" .

But sadly,yes, "What a difference a year made.":(:

tacosalbarojas
10-01-2009, 11:21 AM
What happened 19 years ago today....Bueller........Bueller......?:scratch:Fin al game in old Comiskey. I was fortunate enough to be at both September 30 events. Both stand as two of three most emotional games in the park for me...the other being game two of the World Series. I loved that old park, and unlike some, I still miss it.

TomParrish79
10-01-2009, 11:55 AM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_m6argEAskk0/Sb_KsrWTx6I/AAAAAAAAAAk/W-WDl_T-dTg/s400/wayne_campbell.jpg
we will back...oh yes... we will be back

Lip Man 1
10-01-2009, 12:48 PM
Sox 70:

I know. That's why I wrote "with apologies to..."

Lip

QueerGirrl
10-01-2009, 01:01 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_m6argEAskk0/Sb_KsrWTx6I/AAAAAAAAAAk/W-WDl_T-dTg/s400/wayne_campbell.jpg
we will back...oh yes... we will be back

Very cool! :thumbsup:

ode to veeck
10-01-2009, 01:04 PM

Lip

oh I don't know, 2009 had some nice highlights and hopefully the start of a few moves that will make a much better team than either '08 or '09 squads. Sure it was great to steal the playoff spot last year, but realistically the team was nowhere near capable of really going anywhere in the playoffs last year.

hawkjt
10-01-2009, 01:12 PM
Best games of 2008 and 2009:

1. tie-break game with Twins
2. playoff win vs the Rays
3. Perfecto!

I was at games 1 and 2....not bad,but did watch Perfecto on tv.

Lip Man 1
10-01-2009, 02:57 PM
Ode:

I understand what you're saying but the fact is they did win 89 games and play for the chance. Big, BIG difference from this season.

Lip

beasly213
10-01-2009, 05:56 PM
I was at game 2 of the ALDS against the Red Sox in the right field seats and thought I would never be at a more electric game again. (I figured I would never be able to afford World Series tickets) The crowd was so nuts after Iguchis HR and I never heard the place so loud.

But the blackout was hands down the most electric game I have ever been to. The crowd was hanging literally on every pitch. I consider myself so lucky to have been there that day and I'm getting goosebumps now thinking about it.

That is a game I'll never forget.