PDA

View Full Version : How about expecting the millionaires to earn their money?

Nellie_Fox
06-09-2002, 03:04 AM
It just amazes me that all the anger is directed at Manuel and Reinsdorf. These guys are paid huge money to play baseball. How about getting on them for not doing what they are paid to do? It's Manuel's fault for expecting Foulke to do what he's paid to do? Do you suspect that they wanted Foulke to throw an 85 MPH pitch belt high over the center of the plate?

Valentin grounded into a game ending double play (weakly, I might add.) There is no end to the hatred for Clayton, but I haven't seen any criticism for Valentin not getting the job done. He was back at shortstop tonight; I thought that was the only problem with the Sox? Wasn't Clayton "singlehandedly" responsible for all the Sox' problems?

There are a whole lot of people not earning their keep.

SOXSINCE'70
06-09-2002, 07:56 AM
Being 3 days away from my 40th birthday,I never had the pleasure of seeing Nellie and "Little Looie" in action.My dad did as a teenager in the 50's.
I'll bet neither of them would ground weakly into a game ending 4-6-3 double play to end the game!!

PaleHoseGeorge
06-09-2002, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox
It just amazes me that all the anger is directed at Manuel and Reinsdorf. These guys are paid huge money to play baseball. How about getting on them for not doing what they are paid to do? It's Manuel's fault for expecting Foulke to do what he's paid to do? Do you suspect that they wanted Foulke to throw an 85 MPH pitch belt high over the center of the plate?

Valentin grounded into a game ending double play (weakly, I might add.) There is no end to the hatred for Clayton, but I haven't seen any criticism for Valentin not getting the job done. He was back at shortstop tonight; I thought that was the only problem with the Sox? Wasn't Clayton "singlehandedly" responsible for all the Sox' problems?

Not to disagree with you, but I think it's worth noting that the Sox managed just four hits all night facing a pitcher with 12 victories his entire career.

Valentin sucked along with everyone else.

kevingrt
06-09-2002, 11:35 AM
Originally posted by Nellie_Fox

I'm not totally disagreeing with you but guess who pays some of these idiots the million+ to pay, JR!