PDA

View Full Version : Crede or Harris coming up?

Jerry_Manuel
06-09-2002, 01:04 AM
From the Trib:

Minor adjustments: Manuel says he is hearing positive comments about minor leaguers Joe Crede and Willie Harris and at least one of them could be called up as early as next week when the Sox travel to National League ballparks.

"It appears we might need a position player a little bit more because we haven't used [Matt] Ginter and the other young pitchers seem to be getting along longer into the ballgame," Manuel said. "Those are the guys I hear the most about. We will have to discuss that at some point."

JoeBatters
06-09-2002, 01:14 AM
Better be CREDE , PEROID !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

RedPinStripes
06-09-2002, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by JoeBatters
Better be CREDE , PEROID !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yup!

:firejerry

:firenardi

LongDistanceFan
06-09-2002, 09:58 AM
we are in a need for a 3b............ does willie plays 3b........... i agree it has to be crede and its about time.

kevingrt
06-09-2002, 11:34 AM
I say bring up both!!!! Move Lee and a bullpen pitcher down.

palehosemike
06-09-2002, 11:39 AM
I would say due to the options situation - the Sox will bring up Harris for a look. Main reason, Crede is out of options and we already have one guy in that boat, Liefer.

Harris would be likely the one they call up because it could also mean the Sox are close to shipping out Ray Ray before the All-Star break.

PHM

CerberusWG
06-09-2002, 12:38 PM
No reason to bring up Crede. We have a logjam at the left side of the infield with Graffy, Choice, Valentin, and Liefer (could happen). If Willie comes up and does well, Ray could see his ass somewhere else.

MattSharp
06-09-2002, 12:39 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
Those are the guys I hear the most about.

Doesn't this quote make it sound like he has never even heard of the guy and this is like what he heard from other people....?

Jerry_Manuel
06-09-2002, 12:53 PM
Originally posted by CerberusWG
No reason to bring up Crede. We have a logjam at the left side of the infield with Graffy, Choice, Valentin, and Liefer (could happen). If Willie comes up and does well, Ray could see his ass somewhere else.

Harris isn't going to get any playing time. He would be here to hit for the pitcher or come in late in a game and run for someone. No chance in hell they sit Durham for Harris. If Crede gets the call they can always sit Tony.

palehosemike
06-09-2002, 01:18 PM
I beg to differ with the Ray situation - What we lack on this team is speed - Ray was always hyped as a base stealing threat but his skills on the bases is terrible. If JM has Harris watch him use him and not just to PH.. Harris has great speed... his instints need to evolve more but I am tired of Ray, he had his chance in Chicago and has failed....

PHM

neal
06-09-2002, 02:11 PM
Originally posted by LongDistanceFan
we are in a need for a 3b............ does willie plays 3b........... i agree it has to be crede and its about time.

willie plays 2b.

I doubt Crede will be coming because his lack of options. I think its very real, however, that we'll see Harris soon and someone like Ginter will go done (who I like, I'm just guessing it will be him from the quote).