PDA

View Full Version : *Official* 2009 U.S. Cellular Field Team Member Appreciation Thread

Viva Medias B's
09-27-2009, 06:18 PM
With the home portion of our schedule completed in victorious fashion, here is your chance to share with the class those team members at U.S. Cellular Field whom you appreciate. By team members, I am referring not to White Sox players or coaches but the people who work at U.S. Cellular Field to serve us the fans.

I'll start this off my naming several USCF team members. I have specific vendors whom I see to get my things when I go to games:

Robert is the program/scorecard vendor who usually works on the first base side on the main concourse. He has been there many years and is a great conversation source on what is going on with the team.
Evelyn has been my vendor at one of of the All Star concession stands for several years. She is very nice and knows what I get each time. In fact, she often gets my things upon spotting me at the counter.
Arturo is one of the churros vendors on the main concourse. Usually, he is selling churros but he also sometimes is behind one of the corn off the cob stands.
And I would be remiss if I did not mention Richard who is a guest service representative in the lower deck, usually. He does not work my section, but I find what section he is working and visit him before each game. We have great conversations about things going on with the team.
All four of these team members at U.S. Cellular Field are excellent at what they do, and they deserve to be recognized in a thread like this.

Who are your favorite people at U.S. Cellular Field? Tell us about them here in this thread.

tebman
09-27-2009, 06:47 PM
Who are your favorite people at U.S. Cellular Field? Tell us about them here in this thread.

The only one I know by name is Nancy Faust. What can I say that hasn't already been said about her and her wit behind the keyboard? Her riffs on the players and the game situations always bring a smile to my face.

A case in point: today as Gene Honda was announcing the lineups, he finished by saying that "warming up in the left-field bullpen, Daniel Hudson!" Nancy was in the background noodling a few bars of appropriate melody for each player as he named them. After he finished naming Hudson, she finished in a lower octave with "Hudson 3-2700 (http://www.fuzzymemories.tv/screen.php?c=2014&p=1&m=hudson 3 2700)," an old Chicago carpet-cleaning company's jingle. I'd guess that I was one of probably fewer than a dozen people in the ballpark that caught that 40- year-old reference.

She's the goods.

Frater Perdurabo
09-27-2009, 06:53 PM
After he finished naming Hudson, she finished in a lower octave with "Hudson 3-2700 (http://www.fuzzymemories.tv/screen.php?c=2014&p=1&m=hudson%203%202700)," an old Chicago carpet-cleaning company's jingle. I'd guess that I was one of probably fewer than a dozen people in the ballpark that caught that 40- year-old reference.

I'm 33 but I would have gotten it if I were there. :tongue:

tacosalbarojas
09-27-2009, 06:54 PM
Catonya in the bullpen bar always gets me my food and drink on time.

dickallen15
09-28-2009, 07:15 AM
Pok Sun working sections 328 and 329 is the finest employee at USCF.

soxfanreggie
09-28-2009, 07:23 AM
Nancy Faust - simply the best at what she does. Hall-of-Famer in my book. Retire her Ivories!

roylestillman
09-28-2009, 07:39 AM
Darren, the beer vendor in the aisle between 158 and 159. I swear I'm moving my ST back there.

Denny the popcorn vendor.

And, of course, the "Hot Dog" vendor. She must walk 4 laps around the entire park in a 9 inning game, never getting above 7 decibels.

jmeneghini1433
09-28-2009, 07:53 AM
Bob Lyons. Grew up with my Dad in the 60's. He is one of the head security guards on the 100 Level. He is usually spotted on the concurse right behind home plate near section 132. Whenever I spot him and say hey, he usually gives me slips for complimentary drinks.:gulp:

The Immigrant
09-28-2009, 08:33 AM
Scottie Pippen the beer vendor is my favorite. Call him "Pip" at your peril.

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=6519&d=1254144725

stacksedwards
09-28-2009, 08:39 AM
Mr. Burns on the cotton candy and the singing beer man who is usually around 114 to 120