PDA

View Full Version : Cardinals Clinch NL Central

Viva Medias B's
09-26-2009, 10:17 PM
:D:

I'll probably be rooting for the Redbirds in the playoffs.

WhiteSoxOnly
09-26-2009, 10:24 PM

How is this possible ? we have been told over and over that
the cubs are the best team in that league.So THIS wasn't
the year ?

captainclutch24
09-26-2009, 10:27 PM
Dodgers and Cardinals clinched today. Hopefully the Rockies will soon and wither STL or COL represents the NL in the series. Hopefully against the Angels.

soxpride724
09-26-2009, 11:15 PM
Congrats boys! They are my N.L Team!:bandance:

SBSoxFan
09-27-2009, 12:48 AM
Cards and Yankees in the series.

Whappeh
09-27-2009, 01:18 AM
Go Dodgers.

DSpivack
09-27-2009, 01:22 AM
Dodgers and Cardinals clinched today. Hopefully the Rockies will soon and wither STL or COL represents the NL in the series. Hopefully against the Angels.

I went to the game friday night, a great game won by the Rockies 2-1 on a sac fly in the 9th, and great fireworks show following the game.

Don't look now, but with the Rockies losing tonight, the Braves are just 2 back in the loss column. I'd rather see Colorado in it, but this race ain't over yet. The Rockies have one game remaining vs the Cardinals, 3 at home vs the Brewers, then end the season with 3 at Dodger Stadium. The Braves have one game remaining at Nats Park, 3 at home vs the Marlins, and 4 at home vs the Nats.

WSox597
09-27-2009, 07:21 AM
I went to the game friday night, a great game won by the Rockies 2-1 on a sac fly in the 9th, and great fireworks show following the game.

Don't look now, but with the Rockies losing tonight, the Braves are just 2 back in the loss column. I'd rather see Colorado in it, but this race ain't over yet. The Rockies have one game remaining vs the Cardinals, 3 at home vs the Brewers, then end the season with 3 at Dodger Stadium. The Braves have one game remaining at Nats Park, 3 at home vs the Marlins, and 4 at home vs the Nats.

Oh oh, right about now the "V factor" will kick in for the Braves. :D:

And Go Cards, they're my favorite NL team as well.

Danielgosox38
09-27-2009, 08:11 AM
The Cardinals are my 2nd favorite team, so I am very very excited. Let's win another world series Red Birds. Hell yes.

WhiteSox1989
09-27-2009, 08:12 AM
I like the Cardinals, but I'll be pulling for the Dodgers.

I'm hoping it comes to the Dodgers and any team besides the Yankees or Red Sox.

TommyJohn
09-27-2009, 01:08 PM

Memo to Rick Morrissey and Dave Kaplan: So much for the Cubs equaling the Braves' record of consecutive divsion titles. ********s.

oeo
09-27-2009, 01:26 PM
Memo to Rick Morrissey and Dave Kaplan: So much for the Cubs equaling the Braves' record of consecutive divsion titles. ********s.

After having only one really good season in the past 20 years or so. :roflmao:

Congratulations to the Cardinals. Most people wrote them off this year, but somehow they get the job done once again. Dave Duncan is the man.

BleacherBandit
09-27-2009, 01:39 PM
I like the Cardinals, but I'll be pulling for the Dodgers.

I'm hoping it comes to the Dodgers and any team besides the Yankees or Red Sox.

I'll never root for a team with Manny Ramirez playing for it.

TommyJohn
09-27-2009, 01:46 PM
Memo to Rick Morrissey and Dave Kaplan: So much for the Cubs equaling the Braves' record of consecutive divsion titles. ********s.I just re-read the original quote and it appears that the record was a topic on Sports Center, not CTL.

Frater Perdurabo
09-27-2009, 02:18 PM
How about a rematch of the 2006 World Series?

The Cards are my favorite NL team, and among the AL teams remaining in playoff contention, the Tigers are the least among many evils.

chisox616
09-27-2009, 03:49 PM
It was great getting to see Jose pitch again yesterday, scoreless inning. It appears he's the Rockies' set up guy?

Anyways, I was out when they clinched but I heard it on the radio, great stuff! At least this baseball season wasn't a complete waste for me.

Also, what will it take for the Rockies to clinch? Haven't the Braves cut their lead pretty far?

GoGoCrede
09-27-2009, 05:07 PM
Congrats to the Cards. I got an ESPN text telling me they had clinched. However, I got no less than 3 ESPN texts about the Yankees clinching, their game being delayed, and clinching their first postseason berth under Girardi. :rolleyes:

ChiSoxGirl
09-27-2009, 06:16 PM
Congrats to my N.L. team and may they go deep into the playoffs!!!

aryzner
09-27-2009, 06:31 PM
I'm rooting for the Dodgers simply because I think Thome deserves a ring.

gregoriop
09-27-2009, 06:52 PM
I'm rooting for the Dodgers simply because I think Thome deserves a ring.

Me too, I'd like to see him get one. The Cardinals are probably my favorite NL team, but I'd like to see LA win it.

GlassSox
09-27-2009, 06:53 PM
Congrats to my N.L. team and may they go deep into the playoffs!!!

Same for me, congrats to the Cards. Lived in the St Louis area in the early 80s and attended game 7 WS 1982. Sox are # 1 and Cards are # 2.

DSpivack
09-28-2009, 01:28 AM
It was great getting to see Jose pitch again yesterday, scoreless inning. It appears he's the Rockies' set up guy?

Anyways, I was out when they clinched but I heard it on the radio, great stuff! At least this baseball season wasn't a complete waste for me.

Also, what will it take for the Rockies to clinch? Haven't the Braves cut their lead pretty far?

He's being used as a reliever, don't think he's their number one set up guy. Supposedly got it up to 96 friday.

Rockies won today on a crazy game-ending play; runners on the corners, 1 out, top 9 Colorado up 4-3. Short fly ball into shallow RF, 2B Clint Barmes dives and catches it, rolls over, pops up, throws to first to end the game [Pujols ran without looking to see if it was caught].

Rockies have the day off tomorrow, Braves start a set with Florida in Atlanta. Colorado's lead stands at 2.5 with 6 to play [7 for the Braves], though it's 2 in the loss column.

Twins_Morneau
09-28-2009, 01:43 AM
I love it, another year of Cubs losing. :tongue:

CardsXAngels WS.

soxfanreggie
09-28-2009, 07:27 AM
I got heat from all my Cub fan friends about predicting them to not win the Central. "No way!" they said. Looks like I was right, but we'll go through the same thing next year.

Soxman219
09-29-2009, 12:06 PM
GO CARDS. :smile:

Cardinals - Angels World Series

Thatguyoverthere
09-29-2009, 12:33 PM
I just re-read the original quote and it appears that the record was a topic on Sports Center, not CTL.Did they really talk about this as if it were a real possibility? After only two consecutive titles? :scratch:

Frankfan4life
09-29-2009, 09:10 PM
I'll never root for a team with Manny Ramirez playing for it.What about Thome? I'd like to see him win a ring before he retires.