PDA

View Full Version : All Fans autograph session this sunday....

ewokpelts
09-25-2009, 10:09 PM
From the sox email.....

CHICAGO - In recognition of the unwavering support fans have shown the team, the Chicago White Sox have designated the final home game of the year as "Fan Appreciation Day."
Prior to the game, there will be a special autograph session for fans of all ages from 11:00 - 11:30 a.m. The gates to ballpark open at 11:00 a.m. and the White Sox face the Tigers at 1:05 p.m. Tickets to the game are still available.

Brian26
09-25-2009, 10:11 PM
As of yesterday, this was not scheduled to take place.

soxfanreggie
09-25-2009, 10:14 PM
With it taking a few minutes for fans to get down there, wouldn't it make sense to open the gates at 10:50? I think it's great they're doing this for the fans though. Does this mean opening up the lower deck to all fans?

esbrechtel
09-27-2009, 06:47 PM
what kind of luck did everyone have today?

Pops and I got there around 10:50 ended up getting Peavy (who has a beautiful signature), Alexei and Getz. I was pretty happy with that group. How did everyone else do?

LongLiveFisk
09-27-2009, 07:01 PM
I got Scotty Pods, Bobby Jenks, DJ Carrasco and Lillibridge.

Interesting note: Pods signs right-handed! I said to him, "Scotty, I thought you were a lefty!" He kind of laughed a little and said, "I'm all over the place." So that's my little tidbit of info, for those of you that didn't know. :smile:

twinsuck
09-27-2009, 07:07 PM
I got Matt Thornton, Scott Linebrink, Josh Fields, Octavio Dotel, Alex Rios, Gavin Floyd, Jayson Nix, Carlos Torres, AJ Pierzynski, and Tyler Flowers. But to be fair, I cut in line for AJ and Flowers. I also hung around the Tigers dugout and got Curtus Granderson. :D:

Brian26
09-27-2009, 07:12 PM
Here's what I got...
I missed getting Pods by seven people. They cut everyone off exactly at 11:30.

twinsuck
09-27-2009, 08:00 PM
Who signed the one on the left??

chisoxfanatic
09-27-2009, 08:06 PM
Who signed the one on the left??
Paul Konerko

CWSpalehoseCWS
09-27-2009, 08:15 PM
Got Beckham, Quentin, Kotsay, Dye, Peavy, Getz, Nunez, Buehrle and Castro. Although some of these were thanks to the person that came with me.

BainesHOF
09-27-2009, 08:30 PM
I got Dye and Konerko, too. I brought a dry-mounted 300 HR poster with the goal of getting Dye to sign it since I'm thinking he's gone after the season. I was pleasantly surprised, more like amazed actually, that I was able to get in Konerko's line and get him, too, with plenty of time to spare. Had I brought anything else, I might have been able to hit a third line.

A tremendously successful day on the autograph front.

It was nice to see everyone signing (except Garcia, who was up to his ol' tricks and blew off his session).

salty99
09-28-2009, 09:39 AM
Oh sure bring up Garcia ditching his line, and the fact that security didn't say anything until 11:12 leaving us all standing there twiddling our thumbs. I still managed to get Ramirez, Lillibridge, Pena, Jenks, Nunez, Getz, and Peavy.

dickallen15
09-28-2009, 10:05 AM
Oh sure bring up Garcia ditching his line, and the fact that security didn't say anything until 11:12 leaving us all standing there twiddling our thumbs. I still managed to get Ramirez, Lillibridge, Pena, Jenks, Nunez, Getz, and Peavy.

You got Lillibridge? That's money.

salty99
09-28-2009, 10:51 AM
Haha..yeah he has a card in the 2009 Sox Topps team set.

dickallen15
09-28-2009, 11:23 AM
Haha..yeah he has a card in the 2009 Sox Topps team set.
I once bought a Liu Rodriquez baseball card as Soxfest for $.04. I still have it. I get teased about it. I'm getting a Lillibridge.

LongLiveFisk
09-29-2009, 06:24 PM
You got Lillibridge? That's money.

I just had him sign a page in the program that said, "Your 2009 Chicago White Sox." I did not see him anywhere in the program, but he commented to me that he was pretty sure he was in it. Nope!

Oh well.

CWSpalehoseCWS
09-29-2009, 06:34 PM
I just had him sign a page in the program that said, "Your 2009 Chicago White Sox." I did not see him anywhere in the program, but he commented to me that he was pretty sure he was in it. Nope!

Oh well.

LOL. That's similar to what happened to me in '07 with Danks near the end of the season. I couldn't find him in the calendar that was giving out to everyone in attendance, so I had him sign the cover. His response was because he sucks, so they didn't put him in it. I told him he'd be better next year.

BeefyD
10-01-2009, 12:57 PM
I didn't attend the autograph session, but did attend the game with my wife and kids. Is this the first year that they didn't have a team poster giveaway? Or did they move it from the last home game?

I don't know what I'm going to do for my daughter's room. Every year I switch out the team poster on her wall. :whiner:

ewokpelts
10-01-2009, 01:16 PM
I didn't attend the autograph session, but did attend the game with my wife and kids. Is this the first year that they didn't have a team poster giveaway? Or did they move it from the last home game?

I don't know what I'm going to do for my daughter's room. Every year I switch out the team poster on her wall. :whiner:they may have shot thier poster money on buehrle perfect game posters