PDA

View Full Version : Rowand


CHISOXFAN13
06-08-2002, 10:46 PM
I don't understand why Manuel doesn't give this kid a longer look. He supplies our only home run in the game on Thursday and then sits the next game in favor of Lee who hasn't done a thing since. Anyone else think Rowand deserves more of a look?

MattSharp
06-08-2002, 11:16 PM
God yes. I think Rowand is the most underutilized player on this team. He may be the best defensive player on this team, next to the Choice. He hasn't been given a lot of time to hit and I think until he gets to play for at least a week or two of straight playing you can't make evaluations....

doublem23
06-08-2002, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by MattSharp
He hasn't been given a lot of time to hit and I think until he gets to play for at least a week or two of straight playing you can't make evaluations....

:crede
That's not what they told me.

PaleHoseGeorge
06-08-2002, 11:21 PM
Just wait. If this team slides from contention, Rowand will be the everyday leftfielder. It could happen soon, but I wouldn't bet on it before the end of the month.

Carlos Lee is playing himself right out of baseball. Next year it will be Maggs in left, Borchard in right, and whoever Fearless Leader can scrounge up for center field.

:lofton
"I figure to be a bit more expensive to sign next winter."

Jerry_Manuel
06-08-2002, 11:24 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Just wait. If this team slides from contention, Rowand will be the everyday leftfielder. It could happen soon, but I wouldn't bet on it before the end of the month.

Carlos Lee is playing himself right out of baseball. Next year it will be Maggs in left, Borchard in right, and whoever Fearless Leader can scrounge up for center field.


It would be better with your suggestion, George. However, I think will see Borchard in center with Lee in left. I think they'll deal Rowand. Then again, I'm a psycho.

PaleHoseGeorge
06-08-2002, 11:27 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel
It would be better with your suggestion, George. However, I think will see Borchard in center with Lee in left. I think they'll deal Rowand. Then again, I'm a psycho.

Maybe it's time for another "Ray Durham in center field" trial balloon?

:jerry
"I like to tinker--though it usually doesn't work."

This is shaping up as the quote of the season.

Jerry_Manuel
06-08-2002, 11:30 PM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Maybe it's time for another "Ray Durham in center field" trial balloon?

:jerry
"I like to tinker--though it usually doesn't work."

This is shaping up as the quote of the season.

I've had it with Ray Durham, whoever pays him big money, is a complete moron.

So true, almost like Williams comment about Lowe being the 12th man.

Daver
06-09-2002, 01:31 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge
Just wait. If this team slides from contention, Rowand will be the everyday leftfielder. It could happen soon, but I wouldn't bet on it before the end of the month.

Carlos Lee is playing himself right out of baseball. Next year it will be Maggs in left, Borchard in right, and whoever Fearless Leader can scrounge up for center field.

:lofton
"I figure to be a bit more expensive to sign next winter."

Borchard will be in center,whether he likes it or not.

RedPinStripes
06-09-2002, 02:15 AM
Originally posted by daver


Borchard will be in center,whether he likes it or not.

Eventhough he's a corner outfielder. But the Sox had to open thier mouths and call him hte next micky Mantle so he'll be forced to play Cf right or not.

PaleHoseGeorge
06-09-2002, 07:49 AM
Originally posted by daver
Borchard will be in center,whether he likes it or not.

Yeah, I know you're right. It's just that I hate the Sox trying to shoehorn everyone into positions that don't suit them. It's becoming obvious the Sox need to beat Minnesota straight up, and frankly, we don't have a team to do that. That carpet in Minneapolis makes our fielders look like their running in concrete.

If you put Borchard in right and Maggs in left, you've got the beginnings of a truly fantastic outfield. Wide coverage, strong throwing arms, and lethal bats. Put a decent leadoff man/centerfielder in the middle, and the Sox could have the best outfield in the league.

Is Lofton the answer? I don't know. His month of April was phenomenal, but he has cooled off with everybody else. Is he slumping or through? We'll know in another 4 weeks or so.

LongDistanceFan
06-09-2002, 10:09 AM
Originally posted by PaleHoseGeorge


Yeah, I know you're right. It's just that I hate the Sox trying to shoehorn everyone into positions that don't suit them. It's becoming obvious the Sox need to beat Minnesota straight up, and frankly, we don't have a team to do that. That carpet in Minneapolis makes our fielders look like their running in concrete.

If you put Borchard in right and Maggs in left, you've got the beginnings of a truly fantastic outfield. Wide coverage, strong throwing arms, and lethal bats. Put a decent leadoff man/centerfielder in the middle, and the Sox could have the best outfield in the league.

Is Lofton the answer? I don't know. His month of April was phenomenal, but he has cooled off with everybody else. Is he slumping or through? We'll know in another 4 weeks or so. damn......... that was a good post and i agree.......... borchard is a corner "of" and they need to get a good cf, again if kenny can do the job resign him............. unless there is someone better out there.