PDA

View Full Version : Hudson to Start Sunday

DirtySox
09-23-2009, 10:54 PM
He will be replacing Gavin for his 2nd start.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/chi-24-white-sox-bits-chicago-sep24,0,7236770.story

BadBobbyJenks
09-23-2009, 10:56 PM
Good the more chances the better. I was impressed with him in his first start minus the walks. I think he very well could be a Phil Hughes type out of the pen for us next year. (Not saying he is going as good)

DirtySox
09-23-2009, 11:00 PM
Good the more chances the better. I was impressed with him in his first start minus the walks. I think he very well could be a Phil Hughes type out of the pen for us next year. (Not saying he is going as good)

I was real impressed. He threw strikes and was ahead of hitters the whole game. His fastball movement is legit. Even with his walks, he wasn't missing his spots by much. He worked down in the zone for the most part. In fact he needed to get his change up in the zone more. If he improves his slider, curve, or develops a cutter (which I assume he will work on), look out.

Hitmen77
09-24-2009, 10:43 AM
I'm eager to see him get some starts. But, I thought the Sox wanted to limit the number of innings he has thrown this year.

Don't get me wrong, I'd excited to see more of him as we finish out the season. It just doesn't seem to be consistent with what (I thought) the Sox were saying a couple of weeks ago.

twinsuck
09-24-2009, 01:09 PM
oh man, I'm going to be at that game... I wish Freddy was pitching on Sunday, then I might actually get to see a win. :whiner: