PDA

View Full Version : Sox HoF -Where is it?

Railsplitter
09-23-2009, 10:37 AM
On my last trip to the Cell, I couldn't find the Sox Hall of Fame. I'm going Friday with an out of town cousin and I'd to show him.

Thanks in advance.

Chez
09-23-2009, 11:03 AM
Next to the gift shop on the lower level concourse -- third base side.

Hitmen77
09-23-2009, 11:18 AM
Next to the gift shop on the lower level concourse -- third base side.

Nope. It's gone from that location. They removed it to expand the gift shop a few years ago. As far as I can tell, it's been relocated to the Scout Seats section.

To be honest, I'm a bit annoyed that they set it up so that only an elite few fans with astronomically priced seats can see the Sox memorabilia anymore. I'm perfectly fine with the Scout Seat folks getting nice perks for the money they paid, but to make the Sox history stuff completely unaccessible to 99% of the fans kind of sucks.

By the way, speaking of this kind of thing, what ever happened to the 2005 World Series trophy? It used to be on display outside either the lower deck or upper deck main gift shop, but I haven't seen it at all this season (and maybe last season too). Is it no longer on display? Other stadiums I have visited still prominently display their trophies from longer ago (namely, the Angels have the 2002 trophy still on display outside their main gift shop)

salty99
09-23-2009, 11:19 AM
I've seen it in the entrance for Gate 4 as well, but since there are at least 2 if not 3, who knows where the real one is.

Chez
09-23-2009, 12:02 PM

By the way, speaking of this kind of thing, what ever happened to the 2005 World Series trophy? It used to be on display outside either the lower deck or upper deck main gift shop, but I haven't seen it at all this season (and maybe last season too). Is it no longer on display? Other stadiums I have visited still prominently display their trophies from longer ago (namely, the Angels have the 2002 trophy still on display outside their main gift shop)

It's in a display case in the reception area of the Sox executive offices at the park.

DumpJerry
09-23-2009, 01:49 PM
Scout Seat Lounge.

southside rocks
09-23-2009, 02:13 PM
Scout Seat Lounge.

Yes. I was admiring Ed Farmer's jersey there just a few weeks ago. :tongue:

DumpJerry
09-23-2009, 02:29 PM
Yes. I was admiring Ed Farmer's jersey there just a few weeks ago. :tongue:
So was he.

Warriorjan
09-23-2009, 04:59 PM
I knew they had taken out the Hall of Fame to expand the gift shop but did not know they had reinstalled it for the Scout Seats only. That's very upsetting, that no one except high-paying customers can see it now. Who decides these things? Is there someone to write to, or is it something that could be brought up at Soxfest in one of the sessions, or what?

Lip Man 1
09-23-2009, 05:42 PM
Let Brooks Boyer and Bob Grim know about it.

Lip

mrfourni
09-23-2009, 05:48 PM
I knew they had taken out the Hall of Fame to expand the gift shop but did not know they had reinstalled it for the Scout Seats only. That's very upsetting, that no one except high-paying customers can see it now. Who decides these things? Is there someone to write to, or is it something that could be brought up at Soxfest in one of the sessions, or what?

Its not worth getting upset about. I've been down to the scout seat lounge for the grinder bash a couple times now. There is a bunch of stuff in display cases, but nowhere does it say that it is the White Sox Hall of Fame. Its not all that impressive to be honest.

soxfanreggie
09-23-2009, 07:25 PM

We had a very big discussion about an issue like this in another thread:

http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=114872

Jerko
09-23-2009, 11:25 PM
Most of that stuff has been in the scout seat lounge even when the HOF was still behind home plate on 100 level.

ewokpelts
09-24-2009, 01:01 AM
Let Brooks Boyer and Bob Grim know about it.

LipI asked brooks point blank at soxfest if it was coming back. he said no.

Domeshot17
09-24-2009, 01:07 AM
The disappointing thing is crap like this is why well never grow our fan base. Our ballpark doesn't have the "history" of a Fenway or a Wrigley, so the one thing we DO have that a father could take his son and tell him about, we hide over money.

Nellie_Fox
09-24-2009, 01:19 AM
...we hide over money. :scratch: