PDA

View Full Version : Jenks Likely Done For Season

Dibbs
09-23-2009, 01:20 AM
Sounds like he is done for the year. Maybe he has already pitched his last game for the White Sox too.

http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/mlb/news/story?id=4496142

BadBobbyJenks
09-23-2009, 01:21 AM
Who is going to close in October?:o:

Noneck
09-23-2009, 01:34 AM

For the 3 in October it can be Moe, Larry and Curly. Damn, Bobby is Curly so I guess Shemp can fill the slot.

Big D
09-23-2009, 01:34 AM
We don't look like we plan on winning another game this season, so Jenks probably wouldn't have had any save chances anyways. I guess if you're going to get hurt, this is a good time for it to happen.

thomas35forever
09-23-2009, 02:03 AM
Sucks, but doesn't really matter. Maybe he'll work out a bunch this offseason and come back stronger than ever.

CWSpalehoseCWS
09-23-2009, 03:26 AM
Sucks for Jenks. I was really hoping he'd get to 30 saves again. I have this bad feeling he's going to be traded this offseason.

WSox597
09-23-2009, 07:54 AM

Mariano Rivera, looks like.

Law11
09-23-2009, 09:15 AM
Radio this morning was hinting that he has pitched his last game for the Sox.
We'll see what KW has in store this off season.

Craig Grebeck
09-23-2009, 09:43 AM
Blessing in disguise. Hopefully Bobby's arbitration reward isn't mind-boggling and he's back next season. No need dealing him at the absolute lowest value possible.

voodoochile
09-23-2009, 10:00 AM
Blessing in disguise. Hopefully Bobby's arbitration reward isn't mind-boggling and he's back next season. No need dealing him at the absolute lowest value possible.

Where do they get those figures of 7-8M for an arb award? I'd think the Sox would offer at most the same thing they offered this year and expect them to win. Bobby had a bad year by closer standards. His 20% BS figure and ERA pushing 4 certainly don't seem to put him in elite closer category. Yes, I realize it's an average of the last few years, but if he was worth $5M last year, he's not worth more today.

munchman33
09-23-2009, 10:22 AM
Where do they get those figures of 7-8M for an arb award? I'd think the Sox would offer at most the same thing they offered this year and expect them to win. Bobby had a bad year by closer standards. His 20% BS figure and ERA pushing 4 certainly don't seem to put him in elite closer category. Yes, I realize it's an average of the last few years, but if he was worth $5M last year, he's not worth more today.

Bobby's average over the last few years puts him in line as a top notch closer. There's about zero chance he'd get less than 7. My guess is he asks for 8 or 9.

voodoochile
09-23-2009, 10:46 AM
Bobby's average over the last few years puts him in line as a top notch closer. There's about zero chance he'd get less than 7. My guess is he asks for 8 or 9.

I thought it was a 2 year average.

slavko
09-23-2009, 10:47 AM
Hope someone looks at him and sees the career average, not what I saw this year. Out-of-the-box thought here, but if he stays I would look at him as a starter, since he has such an array of pitches, more than a closer needs. I've been thinking the same for years.

munchman33
09-23-2009, 10:59 AM
I thought it was a 2 year average.

That's for Elias rankings, which don't come into play for arbitration.

soxinem1
09-23-2009, 02:40 PM
Hope someone looks at him and sees the career average, not what I saw this year. Out-of-the-box thought here, but if he stays I would look at him as a starter, since he has such an array of pitches, more than a closer needs. I've been thinking the same for years.

With a screw in his elbow, his physical makeup, a curve that no longer breaks consistently, and a straight fastball? Hmmm, I don't know about that one.

AnkleSox
09-23-2009, 03:44 PM
Sucks for Jenks. I was really hoping he'd get to 30 saves again. I have this bad feeling he's going to be traded this offseason.

I have a bad feeling he's NOT going to be traded this offseason...

TheVulture
09-23-2009, 03:47 PM
No need dealing him at the absolute lowest value possible.

Wouldn't the lowest value possible occur after his arm fell off? Or after pitching so poorly he's relegated to mop up duty? Or after pitching poorly enough that he's demoted to middle relief and struggles to get outs and stay healthy? Wouldn't a lower level even be after a demotion to set up man? No, Jenks has a long way to drop before he's at the absolute lowest value.

grenda12
09-23-2009, 06:17 PM
Im happy about this!!! :D::bandance:

DumpJerry
09-23-2009, 06:23 PM
You're happy someone got hurt?

Waysouthsider
09-23-2009, 06:26 PM
I think he showed up in bad physical shape this year and just got worse....In July he aged me about 10 years every time he came in...I don't know what's wrong but they'd be foolish to put a lot of money into him.

Shame...cause he has been the man....

shane

gobears1987
09-23-2009, 06:44 PM
Can you please do something stupid and get banned so I don't have to read crap like this? Please?:redface:

Brian26
09-23-2009, 06:52 PM
Can you please do something stupid and get banned so I don't have to read crap like this? Please?:redface:

Or, you could ignore her. Don't makes posts asking someone to get banned. Thanks.

Brian26
09-23-2009, 06:54 PM
I'll have to dig up that thread from last winter when everyone here, except me, said Jenks had become a better pitcher since he wasn't using his fastball as much. There was a rumor that KW was trying to send Jenks to the Mets. I've always felt we were living on borrowed time with Jenks and the screw in his elbow.

Kenny probably waited a year too late in letting Bobby go.

soxfanreggie
09-23-2009, 07:17 PM

Please explain yourself?

BadBobbyJenks
09-23-2009, 07:36 PM

I hope you stub your toe