GoGoCrede
09-22-2009, 10:52 PM
Glad I missed most of it.

P.S. Let's avoid the sweep, okay?

CubsfansareDRUNK
09-22-2009, 10:54 PM
Disgusting

09-22-2009, 10:54 PM
This team is awesome. Nothing new here. Same ****, different day.

DirtySox
09-22-2009, 10:56 PM
Scored runs, but fugly pitching.

At least it's a change from the great pitching and fugly offense?

ode to veeck
Did Panigua pitch sometime this week or what

Tragg
Boy this team has really packed it in.

GoGoCrede
09-22-2009, 10:57 PM
Scored runs, but fugly pitching.

At least it's a change from the great pitching and fugly offense?

Variety is the spice of life. :D:

Well if they had to lose, at least I wasn't there to see it (although I will be there tomorrow).

PhillipsBubba
Golly gee...let's get 'em tomorrow...

GoGoCrede

:rolling:

Sometimes you just gotta laugh at the epic fail by this team.

JB98
09-22-2009, 10:59 PM
Danks had eight consecutive good starts coming into tonight. Unfortunately, it all fell apart for him on a night where the offense "exploded" for six runs.

Woofer
09-22-2009, 11:00 PM
:rolling:

Sometimes you just gotta laugh at the epic fail by this team.

I want to laugh, but I take it too seriously. Figures. The Sox are the one thing in life that I am serious about.

Brian26
09-22-2009, 11:02 PM

The six year anniversary of Paniagua was September 9.

GoGoCrede
09-22-2009, 11:02 PM
I want to laugh, but I take it too seriously. Figures. The Sox are the one thing in life that I am serious about.

I love the Sox as much as the next girl, but at some point you gotta laugh to keep from breaking things. :smile: I'm going tomorrow to enjoy time at the ballpark before winter :angry:. If they lose, I won't let it bum me out too much. We have 2010!

Woofer
09-22-2009, 11:03 PM
The six year anniversary of Paniagua was September 9.

Please don't make me have a painful flashback.

tstrike2000
09-22-2009, 11:03 PM
Hmm, not sure there was any good to this game. Maybe they didn't go a 64th game scoring 3 runs or less? :dunno:

twinsuck
09-22-2009, 11:04 PM
Getting swept at home by the Twins is no big deal. Right??

09-22-2009, 11:05 PM

Agreed. White Sox baseball is too serious for me to laugh at these guys. I threw over my stool and punctured a hole in the wall over today's game. Perhaps I need to settle down on my White Sox fanship.

Off Topic: I was just looking through the Yankees lineup on gameday and their 1-8 all have OPS's over .850, With Melky Cabrera having an .750 OPS. Wow. That must be refreshing.

Woofer
09-22-2009, 11:09 PM
Agreed. White Sox baseball is too serious for me to laugh at these guys. I threw over my stool and punctured a hole in the wall over today's game. Perhaps I need to settle down on my White Sox fanship.

Off Topic: I was just looking through the Yankees lineup on gameday and their 1-8 all have OPS's over .850, With Melky Cabrera having an .750 OPS. Wow. That must be refreshing.

I know the feeling. Breaking stuff isn't good though.

Jeckle2000
09-22-2009, 11:13 PM
At least were one step closer to having our first round pick being protected... :mad:

09-22-2009, 11:15 PM
I know the feeling. Breaking stuff isn't good though.

Wasn't the first time this year either. Broke my phone during the Linebrink Wrigley game and my remote during the Wise out-at-home vs. Tigers game. Oh, and I broke my own soul witnessing the 3 game sweep against the Twins at the HHH in late July.

Also, I've found out that throwing tennis balls and water bottles is a good way to reprieve myself of some of that anger without breaking anything.

DirtySox
09-22-2009, 11:15 PM
Wasn't the first time this year either. Broke my phone during the Linebrink Wrigley game and my remote during the Wise out-at-home vs. Tigers game. Oh, and I broke my own soul witnessing the 3 game sweep against the Twins at the HHH in late July.

Also, I've found out that throwing tennis balls and water bottles is a good way to reprieve myself of some of that anger without breaking anything.

Invest in a punching bag.

Frankfan4life
09-22-2009, 11:18 PM
Getting swept at home by the Twins is no big deal. Right??Don't get carried away. Tomorrow is another day. Besides, Detroit won today, so the Twins only kept pace with Detroit. If nothing else, the Sox can still help keep the Twins out of the playoffs.

soxinem1
Please don't make me have a painful flashback.

http://blogimages.seniorennet.be/djmico1951/360452-25f010fae76947c34c5a22632315aad3.jpg

'Blinded by the light. My eyes are all blury by the lack of teal in the night!!':smile:

DirtySox
Jenks messed up his calf today while stretching and is out for the rest of the year.

http://twitter.com/cst_sox/statuses/4306646023

Not that it really matters.

Noneck
09-22-2009, 11:27 PM
Hmm, not sure there was any good to this game. Maybe they didn't go a 64th game scoring 3 runs or less? :dunno:

No but the division leading Tigers did get #64 tonight.

JB98
09-22-2009, 11:28 PM
No but the division leading Tigers did get #64 tonight.

Their offense is awful, too. At least they have the excuse of playing in a cavernous ballpark.

Ward Hershberger
09-22-2009, 11:32 PM
Don't get carried away. Tomorrow is another day. Besides, Detroit won today, so the Twins only kept pace with Detroit. If nothing else, the Sox can still help keep the Twins out of the playoffs.

Livng in Michigan and being surrounded by Tiger Fans - I'd much rather see the Twins overtake Detroit - and finally shut up all the people I work with

WhiteSox5187
09-22-2009, 11:33 PM
Damn! The one night I am on the post game show there is no comment about the post game show!

Noneck
09-22-2009, 11:34 PM
Their offense is awful, too. At least they have the excuse of playing in a cavernous ballpark.

Yes but I believe the twinks have 59 so its basically just a crap ass division.

GoGoCrede
09-22-2009, 11:40 PM
LOL and my Twins fan friend who was at the game tonight just texted me to say she was on TV. She and her friend brought signs to the park.

She has season tickets to the Dump. :puking:

09-22-2009, 11:41 PM
Invest in a punching bag.

Good call. It would be a wise investment. I'll just use my fantasy football winnings on an Everlast bag and gloves.

WhiteSox5187
09-22-2009, 11:42 PM
LOL and my Twins fan friend who was at the game tonight just texted me to say she was on TV. She and her friend brought signs to the park.

She has season tickets to the Dump. :puking:

I sat next to some Twins fans and had a very pleasent conversation with them. They find Gardenhire as infuriating as we find Ozzie at times and hate the Dome as much as we do. It was nice to find some common ground.

GoGoCrede
09-22-2009, 11:43 PM
I sat next to some Twins fans and had a very pleasent conversation with them. They find Gardenhire as infuriating as we find Ozzie at times and hate the Dome as much as we do. It was nice to find some common ground.

Yeah, you definitely weren't talking to my friend. She loves the dump so much, though she's excited for Target Field. She's a cool girl, though. She loves baseball as much as I do.

She loves Gomez, too. When I told her he was nothing but a hot dog player, she rolled her eyes and said he was just "excited to be playing." :cool::tongue:

Hitmen77
09-22-2009, 11:51 PM
Danks had eight consecutive good starts coming into tonight. Unfortunately, it all fell apart for him on a night where the offense "exploded" for six runs.

Danks has been good for us this year. As long as he's good and healthy for us in 2010, I don't care about tonight if it was just one bad outing for him.

Jenks messed up his calf today while stretching and is out for the rest of the year.

It doesn't.

Patrick134
09-22-2009, 11:55 PM
Danks has been good for us this year. As long as he's good and healthy for us in 2010, I don't care about tonight if it was just one bad outing for him.

It doesn't.

True. Danks had a great outing vs. the twins in last year's blackout game, which was far bigger than tonight's game.

JB98
09-22-2009, 11:57 PM

Yeah, I agree. I wasn't meaning to be critical of Danks. Everyone is entitled to one bad game. It's the hitters who have been bad for weeks and months that deserve blame.

It's just frustrating that the offense "erupted" for six runs on a night where Danks struggled. John has had some gems go to waste where he probably would have killed for six runs of support.

ChiSoxGal85
09-22-2009, 11:59 PM

I recently discovered that throwing my dogs' soft squeaky toys at the TV relieves quite a bit of frustration during these games, without breaking the TV.

I tried to be optimistic, even up until Sunday, but I'm done now. I'm bummed about how this year turned out. It will be a long winter, but I'll try to look forward to next year.

oeo
09-23-2009, 12:18 AM
Rios hit a couple of line shots and just got under another one. That's my positives.

I never realized how much I hated country music until tonight.

Boondock Saint
09-23-2009, 12:22 AM

That will end his streak of 30 save seasons.

Scuzzy19
09-23-2009, 12:22 AM
And all I got was this foul ball...

this was from punto in the top of the 8th inning my girl and I had a blast though we are out of the running and this was just for fun. It would have been nice if they would have been able to pull off a win. I asked dj if he would sign the ball he looked at me and kept walking that jerk lol oh well we plan on going to sox fest in january and hopefully get the ball signed then. the game was fun we had fun and we got a nice souvenir as well :)

oeo
09-23-2009, 12:23 AM
That will end his streak of 30 save seasons.

And his Sox career?? Maybe...

Boondock Saint
09-23-2009, 12:33 AM
And his Sox career?? Maybe...
What makes you think that? The Sox have a major bullpen overhaul to undertake already. You think they're going to just let Bobby walk?

oeo
09-23-2009, 12:38 AM
What makes you think that? The Sox have a major bullpen overhaul to undertake already. You think they're going to just let Bobby walk?

In the second half, he's been part of that bullpen problem. He's not the same pitcher this year, and it has nothing to do with how hard he throws. He's a better pitcher in the mid-90s than in the 100s...the numbers have never lied there. This year, he's giving up a lot of homeruns and the thing that really sticks out: lefties are absolutely tearing him apart. Unless this is just a fluke, I think now is as good of time as ever to move Jenks. At the very least, I don't know how much longer he should close games if he can only retire right-handers.

michned
09-23-2009, 12:48 AM

Not let him walk, but trade him for something of value (whatever that may be). Don't be surprised, he is getting expensive and the Sox have Thornton to close.

Jeckle2000
09-23-2009, 12:53 AM
Not let him walk, but trade him for something of value (whatever that may be). Don't be surprised, he is getting expensive and the Sox have Thornton to close.

In the second half, he's been part of that bullpen problem. He's not the same pitcher this year, and it has nothing to do with how hard he throws. He's a better pitcher in the mid-90s than in the 100s...the numbers have never lied there. This year, he's giving up a lot of homeruns and the thing that really sticks out: lefties are absolutely tearing him apart. Unless this is just a fluke, I think now is as good of time as ever to move Jenks. At the very least, I don't know how much longer he should close games if he can only retire right-handers.

So you want to trade an expensive closer coming off an injury plagued couple of years after a down year in this economy?

His trade value is zero. This leaves the Sox with only two options:

1) Keep him.
2) Non-tender him.

Even KW can't talk fast enough to make trading him for anything worth having even an option.

october23sp
09-23-2009, 01:06 AM

I really hope Thornton is our closer in 2010, maybe we can get a good set-up man for Jenks.

soxfan22
09-23-2009, 01:13 AM
8-6? Oh well.

Always optimistic for next year.

BadBobbyJenks
09-23-2009, 01:19 AM
All I am going to say is if Pods is in center field next year I am going to be drinking heavily.

JB98
09-23-2009, 01:40 AM
So you want to trade an expensive closer coming off an injury plagued couple of years after a down year in this economy?

His trade value is zero. This leaves the Sox with only two options:

1) Keep him.
2) Non-tender him.

Even KW can't talk fast enough to make trading him for anything worth having even an option.

You think Bobby's trade value is zero? Wow. Just wow.

Kenny got something decent for Joe Borchard. I figure he might be able to get something decent if he decides to shop Jenks.

Jeckle2000
09-23-2009, 01:50 AM
You think Bobby's trade value is zero? Wow. Just wow.

Kenny got something decent for Joe Borchard. I figure he might be able to get something decent if he decides to shop Jenks.

Unless I'm missing something Borchard wasn't set to make around 7 million in arbitration. In this economy he'll have a hard time trying to move that for anything worth having unless he wants to absorb a great deal of that contract which I don't see him doing.

Plus Thornton at the time was nothing but another first round bust if you remember correctly. It was just swapping out one for another.

JB98
09-23-2009, 02:00 AM
Unless I'm missing something Borchard wasn't set to make around 7 million in arbitration. In this economy he'll have a hard time trying to move that for anything worth having unless he wants to absorb a great deal of that contract which I don't see him doing.

Plus Thornton at the time was nothing but another first round bust if you remember correctly. It was just swapping out one for another.

Jenks has 140 saves over the last four years. You think that has no value in the market? Ask the Tampa Bay Rays if they would take Jenks. I'll bet they would.