PDA

View Full Version : Manuel has buried this team!

chisoxt
06-08-2002, 09:21 PM
With the team seamingly just overcoming a slump, Manuels two egregious instances of piss-poor management of the pitching staff against the Yanks has all but buried this team. To me, that is a fireable offense! A manager should never put his team in such a poistion! That is two years in a row where JM has fallen asleep at the switch in how he handles the personnel of this team. remember last year with the Baines/Cayton/Ramirez debacle?

As painfull as it would be, there is a sadistic side of me that hopes this team finishes about 20 games under .500 to wake up the short-sided, stubborn and cheap owner of this team that 1. Maybe he doesn't have the right people running this team and/or 2. maybe he should sell the team to someone that has the financial resources to compete.

The last thing we need is to be fooled again by another meaningless winning streak when we are way out of the race. This might give the idiots who run this team false hope that this is a chamionship-caliber team.

Jerry_Manuel
06-08-2002, 09:25 PM
Originally posted by chisoxt
With the team seamingly just overcoming a slump, Manuels two egregious instances of piss-poor management of the pitching staff against the Yanks has all but buried this team. To me, that is a fireable offense! A manager should never put his team in such a poistion! That is two years in a row where JM has fallen asleep at the switch in how he handles the personnel of this team. remember last year with the Baines/Cayton/Ramirez debacle?

As painfull as it would be, there is a sadistic side of me that hopes this team finishes about 20 games under .500 to wake up the short-sided, stubborn and cheap owner of this team that 1. Maybe he doesn't have the right people running this team and/or 2. maybe he should sell the team to someone that has the financial resources to compete.

1. Reinsdorf isn't selling.
2. Manuel and Williams will both be here for awhile, so get used to it.
3. Baines was on the team last year because of JR.
4. Williams is running this team, Manuel is his puppet.

Have a nice night.

duke of dorwood
06-08-2002, 09:39 PM
4 facts that will not change.

kevingrt
06-08-2002, 09:56 PM
4 Facts That Aren't The Best To Read

MattSharp
06-08-2002, 10:12 PM
4 facts that make you sometimes wish you weren't a Sox fan.....

Jerry_Manuel
06-08-2002, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by MattSharp
4 facts that make you sometimes wish you weren't a Sox fan.....

Sometime in our lifetime, Jerry Reinsdorf won't own the Sox. So, I guess you can look forward to that.

MattSharp
06-08-2002, 10:17 PM
Originally posted by Jerry_Manuel

Sometime in our lifetime, Jerry Reinsdorf won't own the Sox. So, I guess you can look forward to that.

I hope you are right, and you are a wise man, so I think you will be.....

Jerry_Manuel
06-08-2002, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by MattSharp
I hope you are right, and you are a wise man, so I think you will be.....

Me? Nah.

Tragg
06-08-2002, 11:10 PM
Manuel has never been particularly adept at decision making and strategy. This year some of his gaffes have been incredible and have directly cost us ball games (pitching to Glaus was, is and always will be inexcusable).

But, heretofore, I supported Jerry because I thought he got the max out of the troops. That was not a 95 win quality club that we fielded in 1999, but he got 95 wins out of them. Although last year the team clearly wasn't anwhere near ready to play the season after spring training, Manuel didn't let them quit and they played hard.

But this year, while I don't think they've quit, they simply aren't performing (whether it is pressing or whatever). Not letting the club slump for a prolonged period, not letting a bad beat get them down for a week (as it did when lamont was manager) has been manuel's strength. it's time to get to work, jerry.