PDA

View Full Version : What. The. ****.

PKalltheway
09-21-2009, 10:38 PM
Ok, so I just found this out. How in the **** have the Twins avoided facing Zack Greinke THE ENTIRE SEASON? I mean, come on. He has a combined 15 starts against the Sox, Indians, and Tigers, but the mother****ing Twins managed to avoid him every time.

Just look for yourself: http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/players/7257/splits

If this isn't proof that the Twins are possesed with something truly evil, then I don't know what else to tell you....

sox1970
09-21-2009, 10:42 PM
Stuff happens. He's missed them four series. They still have two more shots.

doublem23
09-21-2009, 10:48 PM
Unless they shuffle their rotation, Greinke will start Sunday the 27th and Saturday the 3rd against the Twins.

PKalltheway
09-21-2009, 10:56 PM
I don't know, but IMHO, when you take into consideration the unbalanced schedule that is used, combined with the fact that the Twins are in the same division as K.C., it is quite incredible that they managed to miss him all year up to this point.

DumpJerry
09-21-2009, 11:20 PM
Given the lack of five game series in baseball and the opening series of the season was against the White Sox, it is entirely possible.

I also don't think that if the Twins had faced him two or three times already would change much this season.

PaleHoser
09-22-2009, 12:34 PM
Unless they shuffle their rotation, Greinke will start Sunday the 27th and Saturday the 3rd against the Twins.

What if the Royals decided to shut Greinke down for the season and pitch a kid instead? I can't say I'd blame them if they chose to, but I bet the Tigers would have something to say to the commissioner's office if they did.

doublem23
09-22-2009, 01:01 PM
What if the Royals decided to shut Greinke down for the season and pitch a kid instead? I can't say I'd blame them if they chose to, but I bet the Tigers would have something to say to the commissioner's office if they did.

I don't see what basis they could make a complaint on, the Royals don't owe anyone anything, Detroit's been in the driver's seat of this division all year, it's their own damn fault they've allowed the Twins to hang around all year. Should the Twins have complained to the commissioner last year when the Tigers used crappy Bobby Seay and crappy Gary Glover in key situations during Game 162 last year?

Marqhead
09-22-2009, 01:03 PM

I doubt Greinke is going to get shut down as he is competing for the CY Young.

DumpJerry
09-22-2009, 01:54 PM
No complaints will be filed. Teams can use any of the guys on their active rosters as they wish with no interference from the Commish.

The Red Sox whined in 2005 when Ozzie used his "C" lineup against Cleveland the last weekend of 2005. Even then, the Tribe showed up as perpetual losers.

Zisk77
09-23-2009, 12:33 PM
The only time we faced Galaraga of the Tiggers last year was in relief of game 162 and he had a good year for them.