PDA

View Full Version : Hudson to Start Monday

DirtySox
09-20-2009, 07:54 PM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/chi-21-white-sox-bits-chicago-sep21,0,1141916.story

GoGoCrede
09-20-2009, 07:55 PM
Cool. I'll be there.

DirtySox
09-20-2009, 07:56 PM
I'm thinking about going now that Hudson is officially starting.

Hitmen77
09-20-2009, 08:21 PM
Cool. I'm not sure he's ready to be a major league starter quite yet, but since we're essentially out of it, now's a good time to get him some MLB experience and for us to see what he's got.

If this kid can repeat his minor league success at the major league level in the near future, we could have a really great rotation 1 through 5.

chisoxfanatic
09-20-2009, 08:26 PM
Neat. I'll be there.

JB98
09-20-2009, 08:40 PM
Cool. I'm not sure he's ready to be a major league starter quite yet, but since we're essentially out of it, now's a good time to get him some MLB experience and for us to see what he's got.

If this kid can repeat his minor league success at the major league level in the near future, we could have a really great rotation 1 through 5.

Absolutely. I see him as our "No. 6" for next season. In 2010, he's going to be a guy the Sox call up for a spot start, or use in the unfortunate event of an injury.

Give him a taste of what it's like to start in the big leagues now. It will be a good experience for him and, win or lose, he'll learn from it.

twinsuck
09-20-2009, 08:57 PM
I hope he doesn't get killed.

FielderJones
09-20-2009, 09:00 PM
Hooray! Looking forward to seeing this kid pitch. He's had a great story this year, pitching at five different levels of professional baseball and doing well at each. I'll be there.

Metalthrasher442
09-20-2009, 09:05 PM
I'm so happy and excited for this. Regardless of how he does in his debut start, he deserves this more than anybody. He had quite the experience this year and I think he only needs a little more seasoning. Hopefully he continues to be terrific at adjusting.

Dibbs
09-20-2009, 09:12 PM
Awesome! Another reason to watch a game. He deserves a shot.

slavko
09-20-2009, 09:26 PM
They're only doing it to put butts in the seats!

BadBobbyJenks
09-20-2009, 09:35 PM
Neat. I'll be there.

Don't you ever neat Dan Hudson.

soxfanreggie
09-20-2009, 11:39 PM

Post of the Week :rolling:

guillen4life13
09-20-2009, 11:55 PM

I don't get it...

Hitmen77
09-22-2009, 08:53 AM
I didn't get to see much of Hudson's outing yesterday. How did he do? I can see what the box score says, but I'm interested in hearing about how well he performed.

salty99
09-22-2009, 09:15 AM
I thought he pitched well and should be in the rotation by 2011 at the latest I would think.

The Immigrant
09-22-2009, 10:14 AM
I didn't get to see much of Hudson's outing yesterday. How did he do? I can see what the box score says, but I'm interested in hearing about how well he performed.

Not to sound like Hawk, but I thought we was getting squeezed on a lot of close calls. He had good movement on his pitches but had trouble throwing the changeup for strikes.

Other than the walk to Nick ****ing Punto to load the bases in the 2nd, I liked what I saw.

tebman
09-22-2009, 10:21 AM
Not to sound like Hawk, but I thought we was getting squeezed on a lot of close calls. He had good movement on his pitches but had trouble throwing the changeup for strikes.

Other than the walk to Nick ****ing Punto to load the bases in the 2nd, I liked what I saw.

I was at the game last night in the left-field seats and I wondered the same thing. All those walks sure looked like the product of close calls to me.

Other than the walks and his wild throw to first I thought Hudson looked good too. Too bad the Sox offense apparently went to Bavaria with the Oktoberfest dancers last night. A spell has cast on Jermaine Dye -- he looks like he's simply lost the ability to hit.

Hudson should be all right. Now's the time for him to get the stage fright out of his system since the Sox are out of it.

Sargeant79
09-22-2009, 11:57 AM
I was at the game last night in the left-field seats and I wondered the same thing. All those walks sure looked like the product of close calls to me.

Other than the walks and his wild throw to first I thought Hudson looked good too. Too bad the Sox offense apparently went to Bavaria with the Oktoberfest dancers last night. A spell has cast on Jermaine Dye -- he looks like he's simply lost the ability to hit.

Hudson should be all right. Now's the time for him to get the stage fright out of his system since the Sox are out of it.

I agree completely with the bolded statement. I was there last night sitting right behind home plate in the upper deck. Granted, I couldn't see height very well, but based on my perception of inside and outside pitches, there should have been a strike three called on a few different occasions.

Overall, I think he pitched pretty well. Probably don't want to give him the reigns straight out of spring training next year, but I could see him being the "6th starter" with Freddy being given the 5th starter job. Overall, not bad for a guy who was only a couple months out of college at this time last year.

JB98
09-22-2009, 01:00 PM
He's got good stuff. He's pretty good for a pitcher who is still very early in his professional career -- the kid was in the same draft class with Beckham. He got here in a hurry.

His fastball is good. His breaking ball is pretty good. He needs to keep working on his change and the command of his heater. He's not quite ready for the Sox rotation yet, but another half season in Charlotte and I can see him being ready for a big-league job by the second half of 2010.

Tragg
09-22-2009, 04:50 PM
Should be in the bullpen next year.
Rotation the next.

SCCWS
09-22-2009, 04:59 PM
Should be in the bullpen next year.
Rotation the next.

That makes no sense. If he is intended to start in 2011, he should be in AAA starting next year rather than spot duty in long relief.

BadBobbyJenks
09-23-2009, 12:15 AM
That makes no sense. If he is intended to start in 2011, he should be in AAA starting next year rather than spot duty in long relief.

Johan Santana, Joba Chamberlin and Phil Hughes all disagree with you.

Who said he is going to be in long relief spot duty?