PDA

View Full Version : I predict Cubs series makes or breaks Manuel's job

Viva Magglio
06-08-2002, 10:05 PM
If we lose the Cubs series, even the Polyannas will call for Manuel's head!

Jerry_Manuel
06-08-2002, 10:06 PM
Call all you want, he's not going anywhere.

neal
06-08-2002, 10:08 PM
you blame Manuel for everything, but when the hitters aren't getting the job done, and pitchers like Foulke are blowing it for in the 9th... there isn't much he can do.

Viva Magglio
06-08-2002, 10:12 PM
Originally posted by neal
you blame Manuel for everything, but when the hitters aren't getting the job done, and pitchers like Foulke are blowing it for in the 9th... there isn't much he can do.

Manuel's poor motivational skills are a key component for the lack of hitting.

neal
06-08-2002, 10:27 PM
Ok:

a. Are you in the Sox clubhouse before each game? I know I'm not, so I have no idea what he is saying to these players. Maybe he's saying exactly the right things. They may be motivated out there. It's just they can't get it done. Isn't a leadoff triple to begin the ballgame pretty good motivation? I think so.

b. Look around the league and tell me how many managers are actually good motivators in your opinion.

CerberusWG
06-08-2002, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by neal
Ok:

a. Are you in the Sox clubhouse before each game? I know I'm not, so I have no idea what he is saying to these players. Maybe he's saying exactly the right things. They may be motivated out there. It's just they can't get it done. Isn't a leadoff triple to begin the ballgame pretty good motivation? I think so.

b. Look around the league and tell me how many managers are actually good motivators in your opinion.

Bowa, LaRussa, Brenly, Pena, Little, Scarp Iron, Valentine, Manager from Atlanta all motivate their teams.

Jerry_Manuel
06-08-2002, 10:57 PM
Originally posted by CerberusWG
Bowa, LaRussa, Brenly, Pena, Little, Scarp Iron, Valentine, Manager from Atlanta all motivate their teams.

:garner
Listen here Lee, you better get your head out of your ****ing ass!

WinningUgly!
06-08-2002, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by CerberusWG

JR would never hire any of the managers you named. They are all too outspoken & none of them would sit back and just be "yes-men". In Jerry Manuel's defense, has he really ever been given the opportunity to truly manage this team his way? Or do his orders come directly from above, as in sticking with Royce at SS every day for the past year & a half, etc. Hell, Kenny Williams has to step on JM's toes & jump on guys in the clubhouse for cutting BP short!