PDA

View Full Version : Is it over?

Viva Magglio
06-08-2002, 09:01 PM
I know we are not mathematically eliminated, but do you have the feeling right now that the season is over?

doublem23
06-08-2002, 09:03 PM
Originally posted by ˇViva Mágglio!
I know we are not mathematically eliminated, but do you have the feeling right now that the season is over?

:whoflungpoo

Uh, June 8, dude.

BearSox
06-08-2002, 09:03 PM
Yes its the same feeling i had last year in early May

Daver
06-08-2002, 09:05 PM
Originally posted by doublem23

:whoflungpoo

Uh, June 8, dude.

Good call MM.

doublem23
06-08-2002, 09:07 PM
I mean, I understand that we're in a funk and we all want to feel sorry for ourselves, but A) what's to say the Twins won't tank like they did last 2nd half and B) what's to say that when our offense decided to show up, and our newfound pitching vigor, we won't take off.

This season is far from over. Get some more Maalox and strap in, boys. Oh, make sure you have a phone with 911 on speed dial real close to the TV.

neal
06-08-2002, 09:15 PM
I'm in the same mood you are, but just hold your feelings in. The season isn't even halfway over. We're not THAT far back, and our division isn't exactly the greatest. I know how easy it is to think we're done, but there's still a lot of things that could happen.

RKMeibalane
06-08-2002, 09:16 PM
This funk the Sox are in will end eventually. I'm not sure what the rest of the season will hold, but I do know this. There is plenty of baseball left. The Sox are by no means finished. They still have as much talent as any team in the Major Leagues. For some reason, things aren't clicking right now, but sooner or later, this will end. The Sox have been in worse situations and come out alive.

WinningUgly!
06-08-2002, 10:35 PM
[ˇViva Mágglio!] This team is done. Jerry Manuel is the worst manager in the history of bad managers. Konerko struck out tonight, we need to trade him for a box of hair. Callers on the Score are saying that the entire roster will be sent down in exchange for the Charlotte Knights. [/ˇViva Mágglio!]
:)
I can't believe how bad things are going either.

baggio202
06-08-2002, 10:37 PM
it will be over when KW trades away durham and lofton for minor leaguers playing in places like rancho cucamunga or altoona....probably monday

Spiff
06-08-2002, 10:42 PM
Originally posted by WinningUgly!
[ˇViva Mágglio!] This team is done. Jerry Manuel is the worst manager in the history of bad managers. Konerko struck out tonight, we need to trade him for a box of hair. Callers on the Score are saying that the entire roster will be sent down in exchange for the Charlotte Knights. [/ˇViva Mágglio!]
:)
I can't believe how bad things are going either.

all i can say is...ouch

kevingrt
06-08-2002, 11:06 PM
I just hope we can stay in a race, and have some fun. Hawk's famous quote will be in tact for all season,"Pucker Up and Hunker Down & Strap'em Down" But this time Hawk for the REST OF THE SEASON! Hopefully we can pull it out!