PDA

View Full Version : Tigers or Twins?

PaleHoser
09-18-2009, 10:11 PM
Twins have closed the gap to three games with six head-to-head games remaining.

As our Sox seemed to have lost interest in the division race, please pick your poison: Tigers or Twins?

I choose the Twins, since it would be fun to watch them win both games at the Dump Dome and steal one in New York to eliminate the Yankees.

sox1970
09-18-2009, 10:13 PM
Twins never beat the Yankees.

The Tigers will still win the division and go three and out to NY.

soltrain21
09-18-2009, 10:14 PM
Twins. I like their philosophy of running a franchise more than how the Tigers do it.

MarkZ35
09-18-2009, 10:23 PM
I hate the Twins and the way they win sometimes can be frustrating but hopefully that will all come to an end with them out of the dome. I don't want to assume that all Tigers fans are like this but each time I've visited Comerica, I've felt that the Tigers have the biggest jag bag fans I think I've been around. So I'm voting Twins.

WhiteSox5187
09-18-2009, 10:29 PM
Tigers and that is because I hate the Twins.

getonbckthr
09-18-2009, 11:01 PM
I like Miggy and Granderson. However I dislike Maggs and kind of want to punch Verlander square in the left nostril. Polanco annoys me. As does Rodney and Zumaya. I think Farnsworth is there as well. Oh ya Crede is on the Twins, however so is Cabrera. I guess I will cheer for the Twins.

JB98
09-18-2009, 11:16 PM
**** them both.

twinsuck
09-18-2009, 11:24 PM
Tiggers please... I hate every single person on the Twins. I don't totally hate everyone on the Tigers. It's called compromise.

doublem23
09-18-2009, 11:27 PM
Sox

:praying:

KnightSox
09-18-2009, 11:38 PM
I'm going with the Tigers, I cannot stand the Twins.

BadBobbyJenks
09-19-2009, 01:20 AM
I have very few mottoes in life, but one is **** DETROIT! I hope the Twins catch em.

SBSoxFan
09-19-2009, 01:50 AM
I picked the Twins. They pose absolutely no threat in the playoffs, and it would be fun to watch Detroit piss away a division title for the second time in 4 years. Only this time, they won't have the wild card to back into. But they do have their $18 million man.

DSpivack
09-19-2009, 01:53 AM
Tigers. Only hated them when Phil Garner was manager. Otherwise, they're like the Royals to me in that I'm rather indifferent towards them as a franchise.

I ****ing hate the Minnesota Twins [and the Indians, too, for that matter]. Why that's the case for the teams in our division, not really sure, but I suppose it's that Kansas City and Detroit were never much of a threat growing up, and only in the last few years have the Tigers turned things around.

chisoxfanatic
09-19-2009, 01:57 AM
Both can go to hell, but I'll be pulling for the Angels to come out of the AL.

Athrun
09-19-2009, 03:21 AM
The AL central should just abstain and not send anyone.

LITTLE NELL
09-19-2009, 05:48 AM
I don't care as long as the BoSox go home after the first round.

WSox597
09-19-2009, 06:04 AM
I picked the Tiggers, because I just can't vote for the Twins. It's against my religion.

I can't stomach the team, or our tv announcer's man-crush on some of their players. And their garden gnome of a manager.

Go Tiggers, although they won't go far. Three and out most likely.

Now that the White Sox have reverted to form, baseball has less of a hold on me. Until next spring that is.

chisox12
09-19-2009, 08:30 AM
I think the Tigers will win it. It doesnt hurt them that they play the Sox 6 out of the last 9 games. Losing Morneau doesnt help the Twins chances either.

Red Barchetta
09-19-2009, 09:21 AM
Tigers. Mostly because I despise the hump dome and the Twins' over-inflated home record the last decade.

Plus, the poor folks in Michigan need to have something to cheer about since they are still leading the country in unemployment. It looks like their 2008 football season is going to carry over into 2009, so baseball is their only hope right now...:(:

(Except for their hockey team - They are pretty good!)

TommyJohn
09-19-2009, 09:33 AM
Twins have closed the gap to three games with six head-to-head games remaining.

As our Sox seemed to have lost interest in the division race, please pick your poison: Tigers or Twins?

I choose the Twins, since it would be fun to watch them win both games at the Dump Dome and steal one in New York to eliminate the Yankees.**** the crybaby bitch Twins. A coin toss determined home field advantage for a playoff last year, just as it had for every single tiebreaker playoff. But the crybaby bitch Twins cried and bitched as if they had somehow been robbed or cheated of their rightful claim to the division title. They seemed to forget that if they hadn't CHOKED against the Royals in final weekend of the season, while the Sox were doing their damndest to give them the division, then there would have been no need for a one-game playoff. They choked, choked, choked.

**** the whining, choking crybaby bitch Twins.

Go Tigers.

VMSNS
09-19-2009, 12:59 PM
I dislike both teams, but if I had to pick, I'd go Detroit, simply because I hate the Twins. Hell, I think I even hate them more than the Cubs. It would be fun, though, to see the Twins make the playoffs and then get absolutely obliterated. The Tigers won't go far, but I think they'd make a lot more noise than the Twins would.

I'll be happy so long as the Yankees, Red Sox, or Twins don't win the WS. I'm pulling for the Giants or Dodgers, myself. I wouldn't mind the Angels, either.

WhiteSoxOnly
09-19-2009, 01:17 PM
The Twins actually have 10 votes...make me sick.

SI1020
09-19-2009, 01:40 PM
Both can go to hell, but I'll be pulling for the Angels to come out of the AL. Exactly the way I feel.

LongLiveFisk
09-19-2009, 01:50 PM
I dislike both teams, but if I had to pick, I'd go Detroit, simply because I hate the Twins. Hell, I think I even hate them more than the Cubs.

Oh I definitely do. Tigers, please, if that's the choice.

MarySwiss
09-19-2009, 02:05 PM
**** the crybaby bitch Twins. A coin toss determined home field advantage for a playoff last year, just as it had for every single tiebreaker playoff. But the crybaby bitch Twins cried and bitched as if they had somehow been robbed or cheated of their rightful claim to the division title. They seemed to forget that if they hadn't CHOKED against the Royals in final weekend of the season, while the Sox were doing their damndest to give them the division, then there would have been no need for a one-game playoff. They choked, choked, choked.

**** the whining, choking crybaby bitch Twins.

Go Tigers.

Tommy, I started to write a post and then realized that I could not have said it better! :D:

SOX ADDICT '73
09-19-2009, 02:40 PM
Brad Radke in 2005 (paraphrasing): "It's still our division to win, the White Sox are just keeping it warm for us."

Justin Morneau in 2006: "I want anybody but the White Sox to win the division."

Carlos Gomez, any time he gets a hit or scores a run against us, acting like it's the bottom of the ninth, game seven of the World Series.

I hate the whiny, smug Twins, their adorable sideburns, and their dump of a ballpark more than any other team in professional sports, and it isn't even close:

More than the Cubs.
More than the Packers.
More than the Laimbeer-era Pistons.
More than the Red Wings.
More than the Tigers, Indians, and Royals combined.

I just don't want a repeat of 2006, when the Sox took two out of three from the Twins in the last series of the season, only to have the Tigers get swept by the Royals, letting Minnesota claim the division title. This gave them the distinction of being the first-ever team to win a division on the final day of the season after never having been in first place for a single day prior to that. Even though the Wild Card Tigers were AL Champs that year, and the Twins did their usual 3-and-out in the playoffs, Minnesota still got to hang yet another banner in the Dump Dome.

I will never forgive the Tigers for that, but I will still cheer for them to win the division over the Twins this year, even to the point of rooting against the Sox in those final six games (assuming we're eliminated by then).

munchman33
09-19-2009, 02:45 PM
It is beyond the realm of logic that the Twins have any votes at all. What is wrong with people?

PKalltheway
09-19-2009, 03:28 PM
The Tigers. Please Detroit, finish those bastards off. I hate the Twins so much to the point where I'd rather see the Yankees win the AL Pennant instead of them...

LongLiveFisk
09-19-2009, 03:32 PM
I hate the whiny, smug Twins, their adorable sideburns, and their dump of a ballpark more than any other team in professional sports, and it isn't even close

And didn't they cheat in the World Series too back in '87 and '91? Something about fans blowing out towards the outfield when their players were batting? :scratch:

SOX ADDICT '73
09-19-2009, 04:14 PM
And didn't they cheat in the World Series too back in '87 and '91? Something about fans blowing out towards the outfield when their players were batting? :scratch:
I've heard this many times, but just assumed that it was urban legend. Anyone know if it's based in fact?

DirtySox
09-19-2009, 06:00 PM
Twins.

I find them a much more entertaining team to watch despite the Dome. I despise Detroit much more.

oeo
09-19-2009, 06:18 PM
I want the Tigers to win, but they're toast. A "rotation" of Verlander isn't going to cut it.

For all those that thought the deficit was insurmountable after that road trip, let this be another lesson. Too bad our guys couldn't get their acts together.

Zakath
09-19-2009, 11:03 PM
Choosing in order:

Death
Death
Death
Tigers
Death
Death
Death
Death
Death

**** the Twins.

ChiSoxGirl
09-19-2009, 11:07 PM
If the Twins win the division, I'm going to be so pissed!!!! :angry: Screw them and their damn dome.

GoGoCrede
09-19-2009, 11:19 PM
Excuse you, where is the option for the Indians?!?

Patrick134
09-20-2009, 02:08 PM
Just found an odd quirk in how the schedule fell this year. Greinke started 5 times against the sox and tigers, but hasn't started against the Twins at all this year. Odd quirk there. Sox won 3 of those games (2 losses were shutouts) , and the tigers went 2-3 in those starts.

Tragg
09-20-2009, 02:41 PM
I'm much prefer for Detroit to win the Central than the Twins.
Further, from our fleeting chances, we control our destiny v. Detroit but do not v. the Twins, so I'm hoping the Tigers win the rest of the games agaisnt the Twins (as it stands now).

Foulke You
09-20-2009, 05:15 PM
I want the Tigers to win it. I'm rather indifferent to them. I hate the Twins and Indians far more. I like Brandon Inge and Curtis Granderson quite a bit as players too.

I really, really, hope the Twins do not catch the Tigers. Screw the the Metrodome, Justin Morneau, Joe Nathan, Denard Span, and especially Carlos Gomez! To see the Twins celebrate anything on a baseball diamond would cause me to break out in hives.

soxtalker
09-20-2009, 05:18 PM
I'm not sure what the question is. If it is which team is most likely to win, that's the Tigers, because of their lead. I'm guessing, though, the question is which is our preference.

I don't really care which team makes it from an emotional perspective. They're both rivals, and they've both won the division fairly recently. I think that either is likely to lose quickly in the playoffs, but, of course, anything can happen in short series.

Now,a playoff series does provide some financial advantages, so then I would ask which team benefits more from that boost. My guess is that it is the Twins. If that is, indeed, the case, I'd just as soon see the Tigers win it.

october23sp
09-22-2009, 11:11 PM
Go Tigers!!!!

**** the Twins and their ****ing fans I live with. Please Tigers win this division.

areilly
09-23-2009, 12:22 AM
The Sox still have as good a chance as anyone. Hawk Harrelson even said so on TV, and no one is ever wrong on TV, especially Hawk Harrelson.

SoxGirl4Life
09-23-2009, 07:07 AM
The Sox still have as good a chance as anyone. Hawk Harrelson even said so on TV, and no one is ever wrong on TV, especially Hawk Harrelson.

I spit my coffee at this one

palehozenychicty
09-23-2009, 07:57 AM
I'm not sure what the question is. If it is which team is most likely to win, that's the Tigers, because of their lead. I'm guessing, though, the question is which is our preference.

I don't really care which team makes it from an emotional perspective. They're both rivals, and they've both won the division fairly recently. I think that either is likely to lose quickly in the playoffs, but, of course, anything can happen in short series.

Now,a playoff series does provide some financial advantages, so then I would ask which team benefits more from that boost. My guess is that it is the Twins. If that is, indeed, the case, I'd just as soon see the Tigers win it.

The Tigers haven't won a division title since 1987 (?). Twins got it in 2006.

beasly213
09-23-2009, 08:47 AM
Go Tigers. I can't stand the Twins. I hate everything about that organization. Everyone talks about how great they are run and how they bring the right kind of players up blah blah.

**** that, their "scrappy" "hard nosed" ball playing has gotten them no where in the playoffs. The Twins and their fans walk around with their noses in the air at teams that have actually won something recently.

Obnoxious fans, horrible ball park, and ugly uniforms. **** The Twins.

Bruizer
09-23-2009, 09:03 AM
After today, I'll be rooting for the SOX to be the spoiler and knock the Tigers out. :D:

Bru

Nellie_Fox
09-23-2009, 10:26 AM
The Twins and their fans walk around with their noses in the air at teams that have actually won something recently.I live in Twins country, and this is absolutely untrue. I don't know of any Twins fans who walk around with their noses in the air. In fact, they're overly fatalistic, always expecting the worst.

spawn
09-23-2009, 10:28 AM
I live in Twins country, and this is absolutely untrue. I don't know of any Twins fans who walk around with their noses in the air. In fact, they're overly fatalistic, always expecting the worst.
Sounds familiar.

QueerGirrl
09-23-2009, 10:55 AM
**** both of them!! Yea death!!!! God I hate the Twins so ****ing much it makes my head hurt! Scrappy my ass. Scrap this! And since I hate all things Detroit the Tigers can go straight to hell! :angry:

beasly213
09-23-2009, 11:22 AM
I live in Twins country, and this is absolutely untrue. I don't know of any Twins fans who walk around with their noses in the air. In fact, they're overly fatalistic, always expecting the worst.

Then I'll go with your word because every time I have come across Twins fans who come to White Sox games they are beyond obnoxious. However I guess there is a good chance they are Cub fans who bought a Twins hat.

Soxman219
09-23-2009, 11:38 AM
I don't care as long as the BoSox go home after the first round.

THIS:smile:

Nellie_Fox
09-23-2009, 11:54 AM
I was just talking baseball with some of my students after class. Not one of them thought the Twins were capable of catching the Tigers. The most I could get them to concede was that the AL Central has been terrible this year, and at that level they "supposed" that the Twins might stumble in to the playoffs, but then get wiped out in the first round.

october23sp
09-23-2009, 12:18 PM

Your post is now untrue to me. I live in Twins country as well and Twins fans here are cocky as **** about their "scrappy" little over achieving team. "White Sox suck, Twins are going go the playoffs" was recently written on my facebook wall with several people saying agree.

09-23-2009, 12:38 PM
22 votes for the Twins? How? They are the most evil organization in all of sports.

More so than the Red Wings, Patriots, Steelers, Cowboys, Packers, Cubs, Red Sox, Yankees, Notre Dame, and on personal level Ohio State. Combined all my hatred for those teams, multiply it by 100, and I still hate them more than that.

They play in that stupid dome, routinely turn journeymen and players off the scrap heap into good players, they turn position players into All-Star pitchers and closers, they have Carlos Gomez, Bert is annoying, Dick Bremer is a ****head, they have a gnome for a manager, they have the luckiest team in baseball, all they want to do is beat the Sox, their mascot is annoying, and their fans are the worst.

My anger for them started in 2003 when those chumps took the division from our superior lineup and team. It amplified in 2005 when the Gnome shuffled his rotation so that Santana could face us when we were on the brink of losing the division. They pushed me over the edge when they took our playoff spot in 2006. They cemented their position atop my most hated team when they swept us in the Dome in 2008, Gomez slid into home plate like he won the Twins the World Series, and then proceeded to :whiner: about playing in the Cell for the 1 game playoff. Beating them head to head was the 2nd best moment for me as a Sox fan.

**** the Twins. I hope they lose every game 100-0 for the rest of eternity. How the Twins have 22 votes is beyond me. I can't wait to see them finish in 4th place when they go to their new park next year.

Pear-Zin-Ski
09-23-2009, 01:17 PM
Go Tigers!

Their sweet olde english home unis have grown a lot on me and I have a serious man crush on Curtis Granderson. Watching Verlander go for 120 pitches each time he's on the mound is entertaining as well.

I'm hoping it's Yanks-Dodgers in the World Series though with the Dodgers comming out on top. Brookyln>NYC...always!

Nellie_Fox
09-23-2009, 01:25 PM
Your post is now untrue to me. I live in Twins country as well and Twins fans here are cocky as **** about their "scrappy" little over achieving team. "White Sox suck, Twins are going go the playoffs" was recently written on my facebook wall with several people saying agree.And nobody ever does that on my facebook wall. Could it be that you are more confrontational in your defense of the Sox, bringing that out in the people you are talking to? Sometimes you get what you give.

SI1020
09-23-2009, 02:51 PM
Not that I'm an expert on Twins fans or anything else for that matter but when I think of cocky, arrogant, in your face people I don't think of Minnesota.

KMcMahon817
09-23-2009, 03:19 PM
Having lived in Minnesota my whole life, but being born and raised a Sox fan, I have seen it all. Almost all of my buddies gave up months ago, jumped back on the bandwagon, they lose a few games and they're done, and then three weeks later they're watching again. I wouldn't say that they walk around with their nose in the air, and in fact, I know more about the Twins than most Twins fans know about their team, and I hate them. Most are pretty relaxed fans, if you can even call them fans, and jump on when things get exciting. Obviously, they have their die hards as well, but they are much more rare.

Having said that, I voted for the Twins just because I find it unbelievable that they find themselves in the race every year. And, frankly I think the Tigers just flat out suck. If you look at some of the starting pitchers and position players the Twins have thrown out there when they are in dire straits, it is incredible that they are even close to being in the race. They lose arguably one of the best power hitters in the game, and they win 8 of 9. I find it baffling, and I hope they catch the Tigers. But, IF they do they will get swept by the Yankees. The Twinkies just can't find a way to beat em, even in the dome.

TommyJohn
09-23-2009, 05:17 PM
I know I posted a RANT about the Twins, but I want to amend it slightly...I am for whichever team can knock the Red Sox out....although it seems that the Angels will be playing them in the first round. Given the Angels' history against Boston, I am not counting on that. I hope that it is the Tigers, as if it comes down to a Twins-Red Sox ALCS, I just may have to...well, opt to be shot or stabbed.

areilly
09-23-2009, 05:23 PM
Given the Angels' history against Boston, I am not counting on that. I hope that it is the Tigers, as if it comes down to a Twins-Red Sox ALCS, I just may have to...well, opt to be shot or stabbed.

You never know. ALC winner upsets the Yankees in the ALDS while the Angels upset the BoSox, then the ALC winner finds themselves brutally swept out of the ALCS as Joe Mauer/Justin Verlander/Every Nobody ALC Pitcher Ever suffers a non-painful yet career-ending injury.

The Angels then lose to the Dodgers in the World Series, Big Jim gets his ring and we can all save our guns and knives for when we really need 'em, i.e. the Bears' trip to Oakland in week 9 of the 2010 season.

When Sox fans get to keep their shanks and everyone wins. Believe.

Smokey Burg
09-23-2009, 05:47 PM
Go Tigers. I am tired of hearing about the Twins. It seems like the cub fans that I know who aren't also closet Bosox fans seem to pull for the Twins. Besides Detroit is probably one of the most depressing cities in the US right now. People there could use a little cheering up. I just hope we don't see either the Yankees, Red Sox, or Cardinals win it all. That would be to depressing.

october23sp
09-23-2009, 06:25 PM
And nobody ever does that on my facebook wall. Could it be that you are more confrontational in your defense of the Sox, bringing that out in the people you are talking to? Sometimes you get what you give.

I never say anything about the Sox until something gets said to me. I wear a sox shirt almost everyday and Twins fans usually say some **** to me about how great the Twins are. Only time I said something was game 163 because of the **** I got after the collapse at the dome.

Oblong
09-23-2009, 07:25 PM
:redneck

I appreciate the support, backhanded as some of it may be!

For the record, in the AL Central I put the Sox a distinct second behind my Tigers.

The Royals? They can't win again until the Tigers do. It's a personal thing.

Indians? Hate the way their fans, as someone here said a few months ago, "strut around like it's still 1999". Their fans are the most obnoxious of visiting fans in Comerica.

Twins? They are evil and I think a good sequel to the Damian movies or a Dan Brown novel would be centered around whatever deal it is that they made and whoever/whatever they made it with.

I really have nothing against the Sox, other than the are a rival. I like Ozzie's personality, I think it's good for the game. The players seem to like him and managers are overrated in my opinion anyway. Heck, I even like AJ in a demented way.

asindc
09-23-2009, 07:39 PM
I dislike both teams, but if I had to pick, I'd go Detroit, simply because I hate the Twins. Hell, I think I even hate them more than the Cubs. It would be fun, though, to see the Twins make the playoffs and then get absolutely obliterated. The Tigers won't go far, but I think they'd make a lot more noise than the Twins would.

I'll be happy so long as the Yankees, Red Sox, or Twins don't win the WS. I'm pulling for the Giants or Dodgers, myself. I wouldn't mind the Angels, either.

Pretty much my sentiments. Ranking in terms of least like to see win the WS, with the most-despised listed last:

Detroit
LAAAAA
Yanks
Minny
Boston

Soxman219
09-24-2009, 12:57 AM
As long as the Cardinals win it all, it's all good.

Danielgosox38
09-24-2009, 02:53 AM
As long as the Cardinals win it all, it's all good.

Dang right. *High five*.

Mohoney
09-24-2009, 05:12 AM
Tigers. Without hesitation. They're definitely the lesser of two evils here.

jmeneghini1433
09-26-2009, 03:49 PM
I hate the Twins.
I hate the Twins.
I hate the Twins.
I hate the Twins.
I hate the Twins.
I hate the Twins.
I hate the Twins.

soxinem1
09-26-2009, 08:42 PM
**** them both.

Well said. I'm rooting for MIN to finish one game short for the second year in a row.

GoGoCrede
09-26-2009, 09:21 PM
Well said. I'm rooting for MIN to finish one game short for the second year in a row.

Man, I cackled evilly at the thought. Well done.

Frankfan4life
09-29-2009, 08:34 PM
Brad Radke in 2005 (paraphrasing): "It's still our division to win, the White Sox are just keeping it warm for us."

Justin Morneau in 2006: "I want anybody but the White Sox to win the division."

Carlos Gomez, any time he gets a hit or scores a run against us, acting like it's the bottom of the ninth, game seven of the World Series.

I hate the whiny, smug Twins, their adorable sideburns, and their dump of a ballpark more than any other team in professional sports, and it isn't even close:

More than the Cubs.
More than the Packers.
More than the Laimbeer-era Pistons.
More than the Red Wings.
More than the Tigers, Indians, and Royals combined.

I just don't want a repeat of 2006, when the Sox took two out of three from the Twins in the last series of the season, only to have the Tigers get swept by the Royals, letting Minnesota claim the division title. This gave them the distinction of being the first-ever team to win a division on the final day of the season after never having been in first place for a single day prior to that. Even though the Wild Card Tigers were AL Champs that year, and the Twins did their usual 3-and-out in the playoffs, Minnesota still got to hang yet another banner in the Dump Dome.

I will never forgive the Tigers for that, but I will still cheer for them to win the division over the Twins this year, even to the point of rooting against the Sox in those final six games (assuming we're eliminated by then).One of the greatest rants of all time. :gulp:

tick53
10-03-2009, 11:57 AM
Tigers. I work in South Bend which is on the Michigan border and have friends there who are Tiger fans and I hate the Twins.

Madscout
10-05-2009, 08:43 AM
That would make them the only team, most likely for a long time, to do so.:happybday

beasly213
10-05-2009, 08:55 AM
I reallllly will be rooting on the Tigers tomorrow. Add in the fact that it will be in that horrible dump I want the Tigers to knock the crap out of the Twins. Send everyone of those fans home crying.

This will be a very weird couple of days for me as I'll be cheering hard for both the Packers AND the Tigers. :?:

asindc
10-05-2009, 09:10 AM
Tigers. I'm wondering if my contempt for the Twinkees will subside when they start playing in a real baseball park. It will be interesting to see.

SephClone89
10-05-2009, 09:21 AM
Tigers, easily. How anyone could favour the Twins boggles my mind.

Hitmen77
10-05-2009, 09:59 AM
I'm pulling for the Tigers tomorrow, but no doubt the Twins will have those Metrodome blowers ready for action and they'll probably win with timely bloop hits and seeing-eye rollers through the infield turf.

But the thing is that the Tigers blew their chance to avoid this tie-breaker game by only managing a split at home vs. a Twins team that is without Justin Morneau. Also, for all us Sox fans who would hate to see the Twins win the division instead of the Tigers, we can also point the finger at our own team for laying down and getting swept at home by the Twins two weeks ago.

Foulke You
10-05-2009, 11:18 AM
Also, for all us Sox fans who would hate to see the Twins win the division instead of the Tigers, we can also point the finger at our own team for laying down and getting swept at home by the Twins two weeks ago.
We couldn't have been more accomodating to the hated Twins. We laid down real nice at home for them and then played balls out against Detroit in two straight series taking 4 of 6. Hopefully, Porcello pitches a Johnny Danks-esque gem at the dome tomorrow ending any Twins celebration.

Foulke You
10-05-2009, 11:26 AM
:redneck

I appreciate the support, backhanded as some of it may be!

For the record, in the AL Central I put the Sox a distinct second behind my Tigers.

The Royals? They can't win again until the Tigers do. It's a personal thing.

Indians? Hate the way their fans, as someone here said a few months ago, "strut around like it's still 1999". Their fans are the most obnoxious of visiting fans in Comerica.

Twins? They are evil and I think a good sequel to the Damian movies or a Dan Brown novel would be centered around whatever deal it is that they made and whoever/whatever they made it with.

I really have nothing against the Sox, other than the are a rival. I like Ozzie's personality, I think it's good for the game. The players seem to like him and managers are overrated in my opinion anyway. Heck, I even like AJ in a demented way.
I kind've feel the same way about the Tigers as you do about the Sox. The Twins are far and away the biggest evil in our division, Indians fans are obnoxious, and the Royals just aren't much of a threat. Sure, the Tigers are a rival and I want to beat them but I just can't muster up a good enough hate for them. The only Tiger player that got under my nerves was I-Roid and he is gone now. I respect Leyland as a manager and happen to like Brandon Inge and Curtis Granderson quite a bit too. There isn't anything at all I like about the Twins or their smug players. When I see the smirks on Gomez, Kubel, or Cuddyer's faces, I want to vomit. When I think of Joe Nathan's classless whining about home field after last year's tiebreaker, my blood boils.

For one day tomorrow, Oblong, I become a Tigers fan for the greater good of keeping the Twins out of the playoffs. Also, think of how satisfying it will be for you as a Tigers fan to be the team that stops baseball from being played at the Metrodome forever.:gulp:

sox1970
10-05-2009, 11:36 AM
Twins should take Miguel Cabrera out for drinks tonight. That may help their chances.

SOX ADDICT '73
10-05-2009, 01:55 PM
I kind've feel the same way about the Tigers as you do about the Sox. The Twins are far and away the biggest evil in our division, Indians fans are obnoxious, and the Royals just aren't much of a threat. Sure, the Tigers are a rival and I want to beat them but I just can't muster up a good enough hate for them. The only Tiger player that got under my nerves was I-Roid and he is gone now. I respect Leyland as a manager and happen to like Brandon Inge and Curtis Granderson quite a bit too. There isn't anything at all I like about the Twins or their smug players. When I see the smirks on Gomez, Kubel, or Cuddyer's faces, I want to vomit. When I think of Joe Nathan's classless whining about home field after last year's tiebreaker, my blood boils.

For one day tomorrow, Oblong, I become a Tigers fan for the greater good of keeping the Twins out of the playoffs. Also, think of how satisfying it will be for you as a Tigers fan to be the team that stops baseball from being played at the Metrodome forever.:gulp:
You are inside my head, friend.:thumbsup:

FloridaTigers
10-06-2009, 12:38 AM

I sure hope you're right. I'm really really hoping for the best, but the Tigers' history at the dome has me feeling terrible about the one game playoff.

Noneck
10-06-2009, 12:56 AM
Minnie is -160, I have to go with them.

peridot
10-06-2009, 02:01 AM
I have no idea who I'd want to win. I guess the Tigers. I don't like them but boy, do I hate Minnesota. They and the Yankees are my two most hated teams.

On second thought I wouldn't mind the Twins going on to face the Yankees and then getting into a huge brawl that results in a slew of suspensions for both teams. I suppose that that's less misanthropic than hoping an asteroid hits the ballpark in the first inning.

RadioheadRocks
10-06-2009, 03:48 AM
Don't like either one, and furthermore I seriously doubt either one will advance past the first round.