PDA

View Full Version : Got Room for a Rookie?

soxfan22
09-18-2009, 01:34 PM
Been to Chicago twice and seen the White Sox twice (there's no other team in Chicago better than the White Sox)

Ok, I'm not an every game type of guy, considering I live in London, but my girlfriend and I came to Chicago in 2007, saw the Sox beat the Cardinals then came back this year, saw the Sox against Boston, lost 6-1 (how lucky was that, I get tickets for the only game they lost in that series!)

Regardless, I got to see the Sox in the flesh again!! Fantastic!

While we were in Chicago this time, my girlfriend and I got married..........(to each other :D:). It took a load of planning, considering I had to fit at least one Sox game in.

My girlfriend.......aherm, cough, excuse me,........my wife and I are already planning an Anniversary trip to Chicago for next September.

So, I hope I've posted this in the correct place. Apologies if I haven't.

Go Sox! Best team in Baseball.............EVER!!!!

GoGoCrede
09-18-2009, 01:38 PM
This made me grin. :welcome:

Do enjoy your stay! What fun, an anniversary in Chicago! I can't think of a better way to spend an anniversary than going to a Sox game.

Thome25
09-18-2009, 01:41 PM
Welcome to WSI!!!:D:......Question:How/Why did you become a White Sox fan living all the way in London?

GoGoCrede
09-18-2009, 01:42 PM
Welcome to WSI!!!:D:......Question:How/Why did you become a White Sox fan living all the way in London?

He was born smart, like the rest of us who weren't born in Illinois and still became Sox fans. :D:

soxfan22
09-18-2009, 01:48 PM

Saw them on tv over here, and as my wife often went to Chicago on business, I found myself looking out for their results. We have friends who live in Chicago (and Sox fans) and thanks to them, they got me my first tickets. Now, I'm hooked on Sox (nice pun that :D:).

Now, back in London I'm reading Sox and the City by Richard Roeper.

And then I found this site. :bandance:

Thome25
09-18-2009, 02:01 PM
Saw them on tv over here, and as my wife often went to Chicago on business, I found myself looking out for their results. We have friends who live in Chicago (and Sox fans) and thanks to them, they got me my first tickets. Now, I'm hooked on Sox (nice pun that :D:).

Very interesting......glad to have you aboard as a fellow Sox fan.:bandance::)WELCOME!!

Redus Redux
09-18-2009, 02:03 PM
If you go to all that trouble, the least I can do is finally get into Premier League watching --which has been my much-put-off goal for 5 years now.

I do watch the Chicago Fire though. ha.

soxfan22
09-18-2009, 02:12 PM
If you go to all that trouble, the least I can do is finally get into Premier League watching --which has been my much-put-off goal for 5 years now.

I do watch the Chicago Fire though. ha.

Don't do it. The Premiership (to be pedantic :tongue:) is full of prima-donnas. Then again, what sport isn't these days? Maybe sports would be better if the fans got to play and the players were MADE to watch. Then players would know what passion means.

:D::D: tongue most definately in cheek

voodoochile
09-18-2009, 02:23 PM
Don't do it. The Premiership (to be pedantic :tongue:) is full of prima-donnas. Then again, what sport isn't these days? Maybe sports would be better if the fans got to play and the players were MADE to watch. Then players would know what passion means.

:D::D: tongue most definately in cheek

Our site slogan was stolen from a Manchester United website:

"Totally biased
Utterly Petty
Completely Unobjective"

George (whose birthday it is today) actually talked to that site's founder a long time ago and got permission to use it.

:welcome:

cheezheadsoxfan
09-18-2009, 02:24 PM

Welcome! Sox and the City is a fun read.

Madvora
09-18-2009, 02:37 PM
Our site slogan was stolen from a Manchester United website:

"Totally biased
Utterly Petty
Completely Unobjective"

George (whose birthday it is today) actually talked to that site's founder a long time ago and got permission to use it.

I thought it was Arsenal. Am I wrong?

soxgirl617
09-18-2009, 02:49 PM
Welcome soxfan 22! Glad to have you on the forum...I think you'll find it addictive. I am especially interested that you're from London. I travel to London a couple of times a year, and just love visiting. My two favorite cities in the world are Chicago and London.

Welcome, and Go Sox! (Okay, so this year has been very disappointing, but they are still my team!)

SoxFan1979
09-18-2009, 02:52 PM
Awesome to have a Sox fan from across the pond. Welcome to the dark side soxfann22!

Nellie_Fox
09-18-2009, 03:03 PM
Awesome to have a Sox fan from across the pond. Welcome to the dark side soxfann22!It would be more correct to say "another" from across the pond. He's not our first.

Welcome!

spawn
09-18-2009, 03:04 PM

Nice to have another Sox fan aboard, especially one from across the pond! I hope you guys make it back for your anniversary!

soxfan22
09-18-2009, 03:11 PM
Welcome soxfan 22! Glad to have you on the forum...I think you'll find it addictive. I am especially interested that you're from London. I travel to London a couple of times a year, and just love visiting. My two favorite cities in the world are Chicago and London.

Welcome, and Go Sox! (Okay, so this year has been very disappointing, but they are still my team!)

Freeboard for tickets :D:

soxfan22
09-18-2009, 03:16 PM

Nice to have another Sox fan aboard, especially one from across the pond! I hope you guys make it back for your anniversary!

Have been planning our 2010 trip since we got back on Thursday 9/17th. Looking at the 2010 schedule, looks like KC are our opponents if I get over by Sep 10th. That will do nicely. However, if I come at the end of Aug, we have the Yankees. TBD ofcourse :D:

MarySwiss
09-18-2009, 03:20 PM
Not very original, but :welcome:

Lots of great, fun folks on this site! :smile:

October26
09-18-2009, 03:42 PM
Have been planning our 2010 trip since we got back on Thursday 9/17th. Looking at the 2010 schedule, looks like KC are our opponents if I get over by Sep 10th. That will do nicely. However, if I come at the end of Aug, we have the Yankees. TBD ofcourse :D:

Welcome! Welcome! Welcome!

So happy you found WSI - as Mary Swiss said there are some fun people here. You're gonna love it!

Go Sox!

kufram
09-18-2009, 04:54 PM
Been to Chicago twice and seen the White Sox twice (there's no other team in Chicago better than the White Sox)

Ok, I'm not an every game type of guy, considering I live in London, but my girlfriend and I came to Chicago in 2007, saw the Sox beat the Cardinals then came back this year, saw the Sox against Boston, lost 6-1 (how lucky was that, I get tickets for the only game they lost in that series!)

Regardless, I got to see the Sox in the flesh again!! Fantastic!

While we were in Chicago this time, my girlfriend and I got married..........(to each other :D:). It took a load of planning, considering I had to fit at least one Sox game in.

My girlfriend.......aherm, cough, excuse me,........my wife and I are already planning an Anniversary trip to Chicago for next September.

So, I hope I've posted this in the correct place. Apologies if I haven't.

Go Sox! Best team in Baseball.............EVER!!!!

welcome. I'm a long way from being a new fan as I was raised in Indiana and hopped on the 1959 bandwagon at the age of 8. i live in the South of England.... assumed i was the only White Sox fan in Englandland.... world's biggest sponge.

soxfan22
09-18-2009, 05:13 PM
welcome. I'm a long way from being a new fan as I was raised in Indiana and hopped on the 1959 bandwagon at the age of 8. i live in the South of England.... assumed i was the only White Sox fan in Englandland.... world's biggest sponge.

Good to know, I'm about 10 mins drive from Heathrow Airport.

voodoochile
09-18-2009, 05:16 PM
I thought it was Arsenal. Am I wrong?

Probably not. My memory sucks...

soxfanreggie
09-18-2009, 07:04 PM
Welcome 22! The WSI Army is definitely worldwide!

all*star quentin
09-18-2009, 09:54 PM