PDA

View Full Version : Oney's Tweets

Viva Medias B's
09-18-2009, 09:09 AM
This morning on the Score, M&H were talking about Oney Guillen (Ozzie's middle son) going on Twitter and making disparaging remarks about the team. I do not know exactly what was said, but Oney reportedly said something along the lines that the ony thing the White Sox do good together is drink. Oney also ripped Joey Cora, according to M&H, but it's not clear what was said about Cora. I haven't seen anything online about this (yet).

Gavin
09-18-2009, 09:18 AM
fire the whole family

Law11
09-18-2009, 09:18 AM
http://twitter.com/oneyguillen

Real piece of work...

CLR01
09-18-2009, 09:24 AM
And we should care what Oney has to say because....????

Madvora
09-18-2009, 09:24 AM

Real piece of work...
I don't think I understand Twitter. What does "Let's sure hope so.." mean?
Is that part of a response to something?

Viva Medias B's
09-18-2009, 09:26 AM

Real piece of work...

:o:

Viva Medias B's
09-18-2009, 09:31 AM
And we should care what Oney has to say because....????

Well, considering that he has an inside view of the team and is evidently posting that on Twitter, it could shed some light on some things.

hi im skot
09-18-2009, 10:23 AM
I think the comments between he and Cora were mostly good-natured.

veeter
09-18-2009, 11:02 AM
Sox fans pay millions of dollars each year to watch PROFESSIONAL athletes and coaches perform. When the manager's son is allowed to Tweet this kind of crap, all is lost. It's gone from being a supposed professional clubhouse, to a frat house. Since the incredible World Series win, Ozzie has demanded less and less from his players and coaches, and it shows.

beasly213
09-18-2009, 11:03 AM
I think the comments between he and Cora were mostly good-natured.
Ditto. I think he was joking.

Marqhead
09-18-2009, 11:07 AM
Sox fans pay millions of dollars each year to watch PROFESSIONAL athletes and coaches perform. When the manager's son is allowed to Tweet this kind of crap, all is lost. It's gone from being a supposed professional clubhouse, to a frat house. Since the incredible World Series win, Ozzie has demanded less and less from his players and coaches, and it shows.

Really? All is lost? Because the manager's son has decided to relate to the rest of the world what fans already know -- that this team is playing like horse **** and apparently seems to care as much about winning as, yes, a steaming pile of ****.

The fans pay millions of dollars so the players and coaches perform. Who gives a crap is Oney Guillen decides to follow in his father's footsteps and give the team and media the public lambasting they deserve.

EDIT: Not trying to aim my angst at you. The current state of this team pisses me off. Why **** like this ****ing registers when there are so many more important BASEBALL related problems pisses me off.

JohnnyInnsbrook
09-18-2009, 11:42 AM

How exactly does it show?

Law11
09-18-2009, 12:19 PM
http://twitter.com/Gallo28

Joey Cora on Twitter

SoxGirl4Life
09-18-2009, 12:20 PM

Are we sure its really him?

Brian26
09-18-2009, 01:05 PM
"U blow. Save and the game, and ur ****ing laughing ur ass of for 6 innings? Have some ****ing pride disgusting. He gone."

I'm assuming that's Oney talking about Jenks. Wow.

Honestly, though, what an absolute waste of electricity.

GoGoCrede
09-18-2009, 01:07 PM
Damn, and I thought Cowley had the market cornered for Twitter drama.

JohnnyInnsbrook
09-18-2009, 01:22 PM
http://twitter.com/Gallo28

Joey Cora on Twitter

Joey Cora, the perpetual optimist, I love his tweets. He seems very fond of the wave.

GoGoCrede
09-18-2009, 01:25 PM
Joey Cora, the perpetual optimist, I love his tweets. He seems very fond of the wave.

:rolling:

For White Sox fans only; What a mama bear on the pill have in common with the world series? No Cubs!!!

gobears1987
09-18-2009, 01:35 PM
"U blow. Save and the game, and ur ****ing laughing ur ass of for 6 innings? Have some ****ing pride disgusting. He gone."

I'm assuming that's Oney talking about Jenks. Wow.

Honestly, though, what an absolute waste of electricity.
Oney would fit right in at WSI with some of the "geniuses" who post here.

DirtySox
09-18-2009, 01:50 PM
Oney would fit right in at WSI with some of the "geniuses" who post here.

I've said the same thing about Cowley and his tweets.

#1swisher
09-18-2009, 01:54 PM
fire the whole family

What do Ozzies' sons do for the White Sox, I've seen them in the dugout...obviously they get a salary. Anyone know?

Also, per Cowleys' tweet, the sons were in the clubhouse playing nintendo while the game was in extras.

Tragg
09-18-2009, 02:16 PM
Just more evidence of the professionalism of the Guillen/Cora regime.

Stormin' Norm
09-18-2009, 02:30 PM
I would like to think neither of those are legit, as lots of athletes/celebs have had twitter accounts set up in their name even though it's not them. The most high profile farce was Shaq's....I think ESPN even did a story on it.

Don't these guys have more important things to worry about and would they honestly bring cell phones with them into the dug out?

GoGoCrede
09-18-2009, 02:32 PM
I would like to think neither of those are legit, as lots of athletes/celebs have had twitter accounts set up in their name even though it's not them. The most high profile farce was Shaq's....I think ESPN even did a story on it.

Don't these guys have more important things to worry about and would they honestly bring cell phones with them into the dug out?

What do you MEAN it wasn't real?! :?:

JGarlandrules20
09-18-2009, 03:06 PM

But who would honestly impersonate Oney Guillen? I'm pretty sure this is his own twitter.

Ozzie Jr. has one too, his is a little less controversial. http://twitter.com/elchamo13

Stormin' Norm
09-18-2009, 03:12 PM
What do you MEAN it wasn't real?! :?:

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/11/20/sports/basketball/20shaq.html

Lip Man 1
09-18-2009, 03:33 PM
I would think once Kenny finds out he'll put a stop to this...of course with everything else going on he may consider it low on his list of issues that need to be cleared up.

Lip

JohnnyInnsbrook
09-18-2009, 04:53 PM
I would think once Kenny finds out he'll put a stop to this...of course with everything else going on he may consider it low on his list of issues that need to be cleared up.

Lip

While I do like the insight from the players, I'm surprised the MLB hasn't banned the players from tweeting about their teams like the NFL has.

Lip Man 1
09-18-2009, 05:50 PM
Johnny:

I was referring to Ozzie's son and some of his comments. I'm sure that won't sit well with Kenny.

Lip

dickallen15
09-18-2009, 07:00 PM

Lip

It looks like you were right. Oney's twitter............................it gone.

soxfan22
09-18-2009, 07:14 PM
Twitter, tweets, it's all bollox if you ask me. We're becoming so anal and paranoid it's getting crazy!

If the one thing the Sox do is drink together, fine, but if the manager can't turn that camraderie into something positive, then there lies the problem.

Twitter and tweets are opinions that most people don't get to know about, except for those who twitter or tweet or whatever the hell they do.

What the hell are we talking about here?

TommyGavinFloyd
09-18-2009, 07:17 PM
It's too bad, I was really enjoying his tweets the last few days. :(:

Martinigirl
09-18-2009, 08:17 PM
It looks like you were right. Oney's twitter............................it gone.

So is Cora's. Get the feeling that some one was pissed and told both of them to stop?

Brian26
09-18-2009, 09:44 PM
So is Cora's. Get the feeling that some one was pissed and told both of them to stop?

I got tipped off to Oney and Cora's earlier this week. Quite honestly, I'm surprised they last this long. Cora seems a little too Cubsessed, which is just as embarassing as Oney's tripe.

oeo
09-18-2009, 10:17 PM
While I do like the insight from the players, I'm surprised the MLB hasn't banned the players from tweeting about their teams like the NFL has.

The NFL has only banned it before, during, and after games. And that all has to do with broadcasting rights.

Viva Medias B's
09-19-2009, 12:09 AM
Ozzie Jr. still has his up and running.

whitesoxfan
09-19-2009, 12:17 AM
Anyone who complains about Cowley's Twitter has no soul. It's awesome.

oeo
09-19-2009, 12:20 AM
Anyone who complains about Cowley's Twitter has no soul. It's awesome.

What's awesome about it? The bad jokes?

whitesoxfan
09-19-2009, 12:24 AM
What's awesome about it? The bad jokes?

Some of them are pretty funny.

I don't really care for Cowley but his Twitter is one of the better ones I've seen.

Athrun
09-19-2009, 03:22 AM
Who cares? He just said what most of us were thinking.