PDA

View Full Version : Weird Start Time Today

FielderJones
09-17-2009, 12:04 PM
3:40pm local time -- is that so kids can get to the park after school? It just seems weird for a get away Thursday.

ewokpelts
09-17-2009, 12:07 PM
take it. at least no one here has to stay up all night to watch this game.

beasly213
09-17-2009, 12:13 PM
Yea it seems fair to assume it is so more people can make it to the game.
Its also funny there is a whole thread made about the start time. :tongue:

FielderJones
09-17-2009, 12:19 PM
Its also funny there is a whole thread made about the start time. :tongue:

I didn't see an existing thread that made sense to ask the question in. :shrug:

all*star quentin
09-17-2009, 12:29 PM
3:40pm local time -- is that so kids can get to the park after school? It just seems weird for a get away Thursday.

Maybe it has something to do with the train schedule. Anyone else tired of hearing train horns during the game or is it just me because it's late and I should be sleeping:redneck

beasly213
09-17-2009, 12:46 PM
Maybe it has something to do with the train schedule. Anyone else tired of hearing train horns during the game or is it just me because it's late and I should be sleeping:redneck

Agreed. It's even worse on the radio.

chisoxfanatic
09-17-2009, 01:17 PM

I don't mind it at all. It actually gives me a positive memory of my nephew whenever I hear it. I went with my sister and one of her twin sons to Safeco for a ballpark tour. My nephew was getting a little restless towards the end of the tour, when we were in the press box. But, whenever the train went by (which happened a few times), he would have this huge smile on his face. I'll never forget that!

pudge
09-17-2009, 02:36 PM
I don't mind it at all. It actually gives me a positive memory of my nephew whenever I hear it. I went with my sister and one of her twin sons to Safeco for a ballpark tour. My nephew was getting a little restless towards the end of the tour, when we were in the press box. But, whenever the train went by (which happened a few times), he would have this huge smile on his face. I'll never forget that!

The train is really cool ambience when you're at the park. I could see how it would be a little annoying on a radio broadcast though.

Waysouthsider
09-17-2009, 02:51 PM
its darned annoying on the broadcast.....my kids would probably like it live though...they are train nuts...

Brian26
09-17-2009, 10:04 PM
take it. at least no one here has to stay up all night to watch this game.

This one might go until midnight.

ewokpelts
09-21-2009, 11:36 AM
This one might go until midnight.funny story...

i work nights. my schedule is thursday-monday, so this game fell on my "monday" I watched the first inning before i went to bed, expecting my wife to tell me the final score when i get up. imagine my suprise that it's the 13th inning . I wasnt too suprised that linebrink **** the bed in the 14th, but pretty pissed when i found out fatty fat**** jenks gave up two solo shots to tie this.

moral of the story? we should not agree to 3:40 starts