PDA

View Full Version : lack of drama in final 2 weeks

Fenway
09-17-2009, 09:43 AM
I can't remember a time since the Wild Card began in 1995 that there has been so little drama left in the season

Only two races are in play now the AL Central and the NL Wild Card but both Detroit and Colorado should hang on.

Everything else has been decided

AL NYY Boston and Anaheim can start selling LCS tickets

NL St. Louis Philadelphia and Dodgers seem safe.

Granted a team could tank like the 2007 Mets but I don't see it.

beasly213
09-17-2009, 10:11 AM
Yea its true. Although I would say the AL Central has some only because The Tigers have to play the Twins and the White Sox in the last few weeks of the season so depending on how those go you could have a fun last week of the MLB season.

Granted there aren't any nailbiters right now, but there could be in the weeks to come.

doublem23
09-17-2009, 10:12 AM
This could make for more interesting post-season series, since it looks like just about everyone is going to be able to rest their stars and set their rotations up.

Fenway
09-17-2009, 10:29 AM
I thought Texas would hang around but Oakland sweeping them in Arlington knocked them out.

Boston has a slight chance to catch NYY being only 5 behind in lost column and still plays them 3 more times but honestly I think Boston is happy with playing Anaheim who they just own in the fall. If Dice-K's start on Tuesday wasn't a fluke the Red Sox rotation ias in good shape.

captainclutch24
09-17-2009, 01:51 PM
LAA v Bos-Angels finally figure out Boston in post season- 3-1
NYY v Det- NYY 3-0 Det continues to struggle
LAA v NYY- LAA 4-2 Mike Scocia continues to dominate New York

Phi v Col- Col 3-2 Phi overtakes STL for #2 seed but loses series
LAD v Stl- Stl 3-2 LAD lack of good pitching costs them
STL v Col- Col 4-2 Rockies continue to frustrate STL this year

World Series
LAA v Col- LAA 4-3

Angels 2009 World Champions.

Last two weeks will be uneventful

captainclutch24
09-17-2009, 02:02 PM
I figure Det will go 9-8 out and win 87 games
Minnesota will go 8-8 and finish with 82 wins
White Sox will go 10-6 and finish with 82 wins as well

Detroit will win by 5 games, barring a big collapse which I dont see happening with their schedule. I don't see them doing better than 11-6 but no worse than 7-10 which would give them 85 wins. The Twins would have to go 11-5 to match that and the Sox would have to go 13-3. I can't see either team doing that.

PKalltheway
09-17-2009, 02:21 PM
I can't remember a time since the Wild Card began in 1995 that there has been so little drama left in the season

Only two races are in play now the AL Central and the NL Wild Card but both Detroit and Colorado should hang on.

Everything else has been decided

AL NYY Boston and Anaheim can start selling LCS tickets

NL St. Louis Philadelphia and Dodgers seem safe.

Granted a team could tank like the 2007 Mets but I don't see it.
I wholeheartedly agree. These races have been an absolute snoozefest this month. Heck, I'd say you were being generous in saying that the AL Central is still a race because I don't see the Sox or Twins overtaking Detroit. The only real race left is the NL Wild Card, but I just can't see the Giants taking down Colorado IMHO.

Hopefully the postseason will make up for this. I'm basically just counting down the days until October 7th at this point...

VenturaFan23
09-17-2009, 03:07 PM
I was hoping for the Giants to make it, but the offense has really let their pitching staff down.