PDA

View Full Version : Peavy tentatively scheduled to pitch September 19th vs. Royals

Rohan
09-15-2009, 01:58 AM
According to cbssports...

The only confirmation i've seen is from CBS's baseball analysts which state that he's optimistic about the start and that he's tentatively penciled in to make the start on September 19th vs. Kyle Davies.

I would've posted this in the clubhouse but I didn't want to let anyone down if they decided to call off his first start in a White Sox uniform. Move this to the clubhouse if you see fit.

beasly213
09-15-2009, 09:40 AM
Not suprised if this is true. The Sox are probably hoping for ticket sales for this one and Peavy making his debut will help.

PatK
09-15-2009, 10:45 AM
Figures, I'm going the 18th

mantis1212
09-15-2009, 10:57 AM
That would be sweet, I'm going on the 19th!

voodoochile
09-15-2009, 11:11 AM
According to cbssports...

The only confirmation i've seen is from CBS's baseball analysts which state that he's optimistic about the start and that he's tentatively penciled in to make the start on September 19th vs. Kyle Davies.

I would've posted this in the clubhouse but I didn't want to let anyone down if they decided to call off his first start in a White Sox uniform. Move this to the clubhouse if you see fit.

Little title edit and it works in the Clubhouse. Someone will post a link soon. If you have one, post it.

hawkjt
09-15-2009, 11:11 AM
Makes sense. Rotation rest of the way?

Seattle- Freddy, Gavin,Danks
KC- MB,Jake,Freddy
Minny-Gavin,Danks,MB
Detroit- Jake,Freddy,Gavin
Cle-Danks,MB,Jake
Det- Freddy,Gavin,Danks

Playoffs vs Yanks- MB,Jake,Gavin,Danks,MB:D:

JohnTucker0814
09-15-2009, 11:24 AM
Makes sense. Rotation rest of the way?

Seattle- Freddy, Gavin,Danks
KC- MB,Jake,Freddy
Minny-Gavin,Danks,MB
Detroit- Jake,Freddy,Gavin
Cle-Danks,MB,Jake
Det- Freddy,Gavin,Danks

Playoffs vs Yanks- MB,Jake,Gavin,Danks,MB:D:

We need a game 4 and 5? Ha!

Chez
09-15-2009, 11:29 AM
Dang. I'm going 9/20.

Bruizer
09-15-2009, 11:50 AM
The White Sox official site shows Danks pitching on Friday. No one is shown for tomorrow. :scratch:

VeeckAsInWreck
09-15-2009, 12:44 PM
I hope this is true. I'm going to that game. :bandance:

Pear-Zin-Ski
09-15-2009, 12:56 PM
hope I still have time to buy tickets....

chisoxfanatic
09-15-2009, 01:17 PM
hope I still have time to buy tickets....
I highly doubt any of the remaining games are sold out yet.

DSpivack
09-15-2009, 01:44 PM
Damn, I would go but it's Rosh Hashanah.

voodoochile
09-15-2009, 02:04 PM

G*d will understand...:D:

GoGoCrede
09-15-2009, 02:28 PM
Damn. I'm gonna pull out all the stops to go this one. :bandance:

DumpJerry
09-15-2009, 02:30 PM
I'm in the same boat. Last year I missed the Blackout game against the Twins for the same reason.

I need to convert.

DSpivack
09-15-2009, 02:39 PM
I'm in the same boat. Last year I missed the Blackout game against the Twins for the same reason.

I need to convert.

I could conceivably go straight from services to the game, if I wanted to go that badly. But then I'd be skipping a dinner that night with extended family. Then again, that might not be a bad thing. :tongue:

gobears1987
09-15-2009, 03:00 PM
Damn, I would go but it's Rosh Hashanah.I know.:(: I'm going to be home this weekend to so attending would be so easy. I guess I'll just be checking scores in services again. I sat through last year's Erev Rosh Hashanah service checking my phone to get scores from the Sox game against the Tigers. That was the night before Game 163. I was a bad Jew last year and skipped the 2nd night's services to watch Game 163.

I can't attend the Sept 21st game against the Twins either as it's Tzom Gedalia.

I need to convert.
Damn! You're better than I am, and I keep kosher. I skipped services to watch on TV. I felt really bad for it too.

Sockinchisox
09-15-2009, 06:53 PM
Peavy on Sat.

http://twitter.com/MDGonzales/status/4015569931

TheCommander
09-15-2009, 07:02 PM
G*d will understand...:D:

Are you trying to evade the language filters? :redneck

GoGoCrede
09-15-2009, 07:14 PM
I'm going now. :bandance::bandance:

chisoxfanatic
09-15-2009, 07:35 PM
I'll get to see him on the 25th then!

I'll actually get to see a complete rotation around our starting pitching staff, as I'll be attending 5 games in a row beginning next Monday.

GoGoCrede
09-15-2009, 07:38 PM
I'll get to see him on the 25th then!

I'll actually get to see a complete rotation around our starting pitching staff, as I'll be attending 5 games in a row beginning next Monday.

I still have not seen Floyd. I hope to see him Monday or Wednesday.

DSpivack
09-15-2009, 07:48 PM
I know.:(: I'm going to be home this weekend to so attending would be so easy. I guess I'll just be checking scores in services again. I sat through last year's Erev Rosh Hashanah service checking my phone to get scores from the Sox game against the Tigers. That was the night before Game 163. I was a bad Jew last year and skipped the 2nd night's services to watch Game 163.

I can't attend the Sept 21st game against the Twins either as it's Tzom Gedalia.

Damn! You're better than I am, and I keep kosher. I skipped services to watch on TV. I felt really bad for it too.

What exactly was the timing on that? I don't usually go to second night services, anyway [being Reform], but I want to say I went straight from services [at GWU in Foggy Bottom] to a bar [in DuPont Circle] with another WSI member to watch the blackout game.

DumpJerry
09-15-2009, 08:05 PM
Actually, you're "better" than I am. I was raised secular and have never been a member of a congregation or had Jewish education. It's just that the Blackout game and now this game are on the same night my family does dinner. Believe me, last year I was tempted to skip out on dinner, most of the cousins would have understood.

gobears1987
09-15-2009, 08:05 PM
What exactly was the timing on that? I don't usually go to second night services, anyway [being Reform], but I want to say I went straight from services [at GWU in Foggy Bottom] to a bar [in DuPont Circle] with another WSI member to watch the blackout game.
If you went from services to see the blackout game, then you would've attended evening services for the second night. I remember being at services for the first night during the make-up against the Tigers and trying extremely hard to contain myself when I got the update on Alexei's slam.

I just double checked and Rosh Hahanah for 5769 began on September 29th at sundown, which was the night the Sox played the Tigers. The decisive blackout game fell on September 30th. Services that night would've been for second night of Rosh Hashanah. I of course ditched services that night. I hope G-d is a baseball fan.

WhiteSox1989
09-15-2009, 08:09 PM
I'll be there, stoked!

DSpivack
09-15-2009, 08:22 PM
If you went from services to see the blackout game, then you would've attended evening services for the second night. I remember being at services for the first night during the make-up against the Tigers and trying extremely hard to contain myself when I got the update on Alexei's slam.

I just double checked and Rosh Hahanah for 5769 began on September 29th at sundown, which was the night the Sox played the Tigers. The decisive blackout game fell on September 30th. Services that night would've been for second night of Rosh Hashanah. I of course ditched services that night. I hope G-d is a baseball fan.

When you said evening services, I was thinking something different than the afternoon services. I don't think I've ever gone to services on the 2nd night of Rosh Hashanah.

I do remember having a few hours to kill after the afternoon services ended and before the blackout game began [especially living on the east coast]. Probably just walked around one of DC's many free museums or something. :tongue:

FielderJones
09-15-2009, 08:58 PM
I'll feel better about plunking down $$$ for Saturday's game when I see the announcment here (http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/news/probable_pitchers.jsp?c_id=cws).

slavko
09-15-2009, 10:07 PM
I know.:(: I'm going to be home this weekend to so attending would be so easy. I guess I'll just be checking scores in services again. I sat through last year's Erev Rosh Hashanah service checking my phone to get scores from the Sox game against the Tigers. That was the night before Game 163. I was a bad Jew last year and skipped the 2nd night's services to watch Game 163.

This is why God made TIVO. Learn it.

nug0hs
09-15-2009, 10:25 PM
Confirmed by the team and the Trib http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/chi-16-white-sox-bits-chicago-sep16,0,1137323.story

DrGiggles
09-15-2009, 11:03 PM
This is awesome news. I wasn't planning on going to another game this year, but my buddy's parents got him 2 tickets to the Saturday game for his birthday and we're going. This just made my day.

DSpivack
09-15-2009, 11:19 PM
This is why God made TIVO. Learn it.

Well, the idea was to be there in person.

I'm the type of person who could never Tivo a sporting event for the purpose of finding out the result at a later time. For purposes of replay, sure, but I know I'll check what happened beforehand.

ewokpelts
09-17-2009, 01:24 PM
1/2 price code is AON

Waysouthsider
09-17-2009, 02:56 PM
I was hoping to see his first start against Boston...what a bummer....hope he's lights out for you guys who can get to the game....we'll be watching it on TIVO too....first home game of the season for the Salukis....Go DAWGS!

:cool:

Rohan
09-17-2009, 06:18 PM
Well, the idea was to be there in person.

I'm the type of person who could never Tivo a sporting event for the purpose of finding out the result at a later time. For purposes of replay, sure, but I know I'll check what happened beforehand.

I'm with you on that one.

MinnySoxFan
09-18-2009, 07:37 AM
I won a free pair of tickets to the game thanks to the score!

downstairs
09-18-2009, 09:41 AM
Good, and its a night game- not a blackout situation.