PDA

View Full Version : Paul Konerko is our Roberto Clemente nominee

Frontman
09-13-2009, 10:15 AM
Now, normally I do not push or shill for our players; but when I saw Kevin "Alpha Male Smackdown" Youkilis; that 'classy' player who can charge a mound and throw a helmet at a pitcher as the Red Sox nominee? Ironically, his foundation is named "Hits for kids."

Come on White Sox fans, vote for Paulie. Youkilis shouldn't be even mentioned in the same breath as Roberto Clemente. Might be a nice guy at other times, but to see him win that just months after pounding a Tigers pitcher (granted, I'm sure 99.5% of us like to see the Tigers get pounded, but not that way) would be disappointing.

http://mlb.mlb.com/sponsors/chevy/clemente/index.jsp

soxfanreggie
09-13-2009, 10:53 AM
Would love for PK to win this award, but it would take deploying the Sox Army to get things done.

#1swisher
09-14-2009, 09:12 PM
I plan on voting early/often:tongue:

Rohan
09-15-2009, 01:42 AM
I was watching a baseball tonight special on this year's Roberto Clemente nominees a couple weeks ago. As the White Sox candidate they had Jim Thome, and they gave a run down of his charity and what not.

Did they change the nomination to Paulie after Thome was traded? If so, that's a little unfortunate for Thome. I'm sure he's got a very charitable heart, apparently better than Konerko.

Domeshot17
09-15-2009, 02:27 AM
I was watching a baseball tonight special on this year's Roberto Clemente nominees a couple weeks ago. As the White Sox candidate they had Jim Thome, and they gave a run down of his charity and what not.

Did they change the nomination to Paulie after Thome was traded? If so, that's a little unfortunate for Thome. I'm sure he's got a very charitable heart, apparently better than Konerko.

What I read a while ago (forget where) PK and Thome basically do it all together with their wives. Basically a tag team of fundraising. I think its fantastic.