PDA

View Full Version : Peavy Plans to start on the West Coast Trip

Waysouthsider
09-10-2009, 09:43 PM
In case folks didn't see this:

http://www.chicagotribune.com/sports/baseball/whitesox/chi-10-white-sox-bits-chicago-sep10,0,4947601.story

Brian26
09-10-2009, 09:44 PM
Cool. This will give us a chance to set up our rotation for the playoffs.

fram40
09-10-2009, 09:45 PM

Playoffs?

southside rocks
09-11-2009, 06:49 AM
Playoffs?

Playoffs!
http://smellslikemascot.blogspot.com/2009/09/corner-of-hope-and-crazy.html

Hitmen77
09-11-2009, 07:26 AM

We're starting this early to set up our rotation for the 2010 playoffs?

SOX ADDICT '73
09-11-2009, 09:16 AM
"I'll go as long and as hard as I can for as long as they'll let me go," Peavy said. "That's all I can tell you. I have no reservations about anything. I'm so anxious to pitch. I'll take what I can get."

I like this - it's a far cry from the Prior-esque waffling he was doing at the beginning of his rehab.

Marqhead
09-11-2009, 09:19 AM
"I'll go as long and as hard as I can for as long as they'll let me go," Peavy said. "That's all I can tell you. I have no reservations about anything. I'm so anxious to pitch. I'll take what I can get."

I like this - it's a far cry from the Prior-esque waffling he was doing at the beginning of his rehab.

Put him in Sabathia mode and start him every 3 days for the remainder of the season.

SOX ADDICT '73
09-11-2009, 09:23 AM
Put him in Sabathia mode and start him every 3 days for the remainder of the season.
We'll never get him to wolf down enough cheeseburgers in time!

tstrike2000
09-11-2009, 09:40 AM
Playoffs!

http://msp73.photobucket.com/albums/i201/aykis16/playoffs.jpg

FielderJones
09-11-2009, 10:51 AM
Playoffs!

http://smellslikemascot.blogspot.com/

This isn't going to make sense in a week. You need to click the title of the comic and post that link

russ99
09-11-2009, 10:51 AM
I really hope he starts Tuesday at Seattle.

Not only would Freddy get an extra day rest but I have tix to next Sunday, and that would be Peavy's turn again :)

FielderJones
09-11-2009, 10:59 AM
I really hope he starts Tuesday at Seattle.

Not only would Freddy get an extra day rest but I have tix to next Sunday, and that would be Peavy's turn again :)

That's why I hope he starts Wednesday. That way he'll start Monday's game and break Jinx The Cat's (JB98's) losing streak.

southside rocks
09-11-2009, 11:25 AM
This isn't going to make sense in a week. You need to click the title of the comic and post that link

Oops, you are right, thanks!

stevemcstud
09-11-2009, 01:07 PM
God I really hope he starts this weekend with the Angels. I live in So Cal and would love to see Peavy.

hawkjt
09-11-2009, 03:05 PM
If he starts on Wed, then he would start tuesday vs the Twins, then sunday vs the Tigers and then Sat vs the tigers again. I would love to see him come out strong, and pitch vs Seattle,Twins,Tigers and Tigers again...and beat them all.

TheBigHurtST
09-11-2009, 03:58 PM
I'm just really against this. They should give him the rest of the season off to rest himself, he's got nothing to play for. Whether he gets re-injured or not, letting him pitch this season would be bad management, IMO.

g0g0
09-11-2009, 04:41 PM
Yes, get this guy in if he's dying to get back. We are only 6 games back right now and with a little push can steal this division. GO SOX!!! :dtroll:

illinifan1368
09-11-2009, 05:28 PM
I'm just really against this. They should give him the rest of the season off to rest himself, he's got nothing to play for. Whether he gets re-injured or not, letting him pitch this season would be bad management, IMO.

Nothing to play for? A division title and a shot at a WS ring? Yeah, yeah bad management :rolleyes:

areilly
09-11-2009, 05:30 PM
nothing to play for? A division title and a shot at a ws ring? Yeah, yeah bad management :rolleyes:

Team!

Of!

Destiny!!!!!

WhiteSoxOnly
09-11-2009, 06:22 PM
Nothing to play for? A division title and a shot at a WS ring? Yeah, yeah bad management :rolleyes:

This is exactly why he should pitch if he says he's ready.

Jerksticks
09-11-2009, 06:25 PM
Pitching this year takes all the pressure off next year. If he can prove himself this year then there are no questions this offseason. You think Kenny/Ozzie/Coop/Peavy wanna talk about "question mark Jake Peavy" all offseason? No way. Let's settle this now. Dude says he's ready to pitch, so pitch.

voodoochile
09-11-2009, 06:26 PM
Team!

Of!

Destiny!!!!!

So the Sox are TOD?

Hopefully the second meaning of those initials doesn't come into play...:tongue:

As to Peavy. If he says he's ready and the Sox say he's ready and the doctors say he's ready, he should be allowed to pitch. If there's a chance he can do permanent damage to any part of his body other than his hair, he should be shut down, but I doubt the Sox invested that much money and are going to take a stupid risk.

Dibbs
09-11-2009, 08:10 PM

Of course he should pitch if he is ready to go. It doesn't matter if we have nothing to play for. With that said, we could be three games out by the first series against the Tigers.

BadBobbyJenks
09-11-2009, 08:58 PM
Sweet just in time for the Semi finals. I traded Tulo for him way back when:angry:

Dibbs
09-12-2009, 10:32 AM
So when is he pitching exactly?

soxinem1
09-13-2009, 07:25 AM
If Peavy is actually ready, he should pitch. If Peavy and the staff give him the go ahead, send him out there.

On the other hand, if there are any symptoms, doubts, pains, etc. he should be shut down.

If Peavy is still a little sore and we actually rally to close the gap, is it right to send him out there in a pressure-filled game in his first appearance in three months, and his White Sox debut, if he is not ready? I could hear it now on this board from the arm-chair, hindsight managers that will blame him for 'blowing the season' if he gets rocked or only lasts two or three innings.

On the other hand, if he's ready and we are out of it, send him out there and let him deal!

Either way, he should only be out there if he is ready to go and not being rushed, regardless of the standings of the team.

Let's just do it right.

voodoochile
09-13-2009, 09:52 AM
What's really hilarious is that the Sox only need 2 more 5th starter starts for the rest of the season. They have three days off. They could skip the 5th starter until Saturday, 9/19 against KC and then again until the final weekend in Detroit. The off days are falling very nicely to allow the Sox to use their big 4 most of the remaining games.

Now obviously they'd like to have Peavy worked up for the playoffs should they get there, so it makes sense to let him start some games and thus give all the starters a little extra rest, but they actually can get to the finish without needing him all that much.