PDA

View Full Version : If Carlos is in the starting lineup tonight...

cheeses_h_rice
06-08-2002, 03:04 PM
...this team is dead in its tracks.

You want to set an example, Jerry Manuel? Bench Carlos Lee, that's a start.

We should at the very least have had a tie game last night. Thanks to Carlos Lee's TWO crap plays, we lost.

RKMeibalane
06-08-2002, 03:12 PM
I'm convinced Carlos will start. It's typical of Manuel. He never does the logical thing with regards to a particular player. That's why Clayton went this long without being benched, because Manuel didn't do what he should have done and put him on the bench. Even now, when JM said that Royce was "benched indefinitely," the Choice was in the lineup Thursday. It looks as though Manuel is making excuses to keep him in the lineup. The same will probably hold true for El Stupido (Carlos Lee).

CerberusWG
06-08-2002, 03:26 PM
If C Lee starts tonight I'm boycotting the rest of the games this season.

HawkDJ
06-08-2002, 04:10 PM
Originally posted by CerberusWG
If C Lee starts tonight I'm boycotting the rest of the games this season.

Someone is going a little overboard.

RKMeibalane
06-08-2002, 04:34 PM
I did some checking and found that the Expos are starting a right-hander tonight, so I don't think CLee will be playing. Stranger things have happened, however.

It will be interesting to hear what "Hawk" and D.J. have to say about Carlos' baserunning mistake.

Chisox_cali
06-08-2002, 05:14 PM
Originally posted by RKMeibalane

It will be interesting to hear what "Hawk" and D.J. have to say about Carlos' baserunning mistake.

Well last night Hawk did sound really pissed after that happened. He just screamed out "NO!!" I was screaming out a little something different. :D:

Viva Magglio
06-08-2002, 06:52 PM
Originally posted by Chisox_cali

Well last night Hawk did sound really pissed after that happened. He just screamed out "NO!!" I was screaming out a little something different. :D:

That's unusual. Usually, Hawk would make excuses and say something like "Caballo just had a brain cramp."

Did anyone hear Rooney & Farmer's description of the pickoff?