PDA

View Full Version : OFFICIAL *Lester is More* 9/6 Postgame Talk

chisoxfanatic
09-06-2009, 05:06 PM
Well, that sucked.

guillensdisciple
09-06-2009, 05:07 PM
unless your t.v is a minute ahead of mine, you have pulled that way too early.

GoGoCrede
09-06-2009, 05:08 PM
Clever title, I love it.

nsolo
09-06-2009, 05:11 PM
another Sunday loss. what's our record on Sunday?

Lip Man 1
09-06-2009, 05:11 PM
Another Sunday home game...

Another desultory performance...

Amazing.

Solo: I think they are now 2-11 or 2-12 something like that.

Lip

WhiteSox1989
09-06-2009, 05:12 PM
I fell asleep during the game, I guess I was lucky.

Tragg
09-06-2009, 05:13 PM
I would suggest that the Sox shut down Dotel, Williams and maybe Linebrink for the year, and throw the young arms, who need the work and will be the heart of our bullpen next year.

chisoxfanatic
09-06-2009, 05:15 PM
I fell asleep during the game, I guess I was lucky.
I did too.

SoxGirl4Life
09-06-2009, 05:16 PM
The Sox were sleeping too.

Edit: Great thread title.

nsolo
09-06-2009, 05:16 PM
Forced to watch the game on TBS. Was on the verge of sickness due to Carey's man love for Lester. Eck was no help, either. Stated that other than Sabathia, there wasn't much competition for top left hander in the American League. Must have forgotten about Mark, Mr. Perfect.

nsolo
09-06-2009, 05:18 PM
I'm also amazed at how many Sawk fans there are at the Cell. Most every time.

chisoxfanatic
09-06-2009, 05:21 PM
Not on Friday...There were much fewer of them then.

Frankfan4life
09-06-2009, 05:22 PM
Lester pitched a good game. We couldn't get anything started. I hope the offense can get to Beckett tomorrow and that Buehrle is on his game, especially since I'm going to be there.

soxfanreggie
09-06-2009, 05:22 PM
Unfortunately Mark hasn't had the best string of outings since the perfect game.

SoxGirl4Life
09-06-2009, 05:23 PM

A labor day weekend trip to chicago to see their team beat up on the Sox is pretty much how its marketed.

Our guys did a good job at keeping them irrelevant the first two games. Lets hope for a similar result tomorrow.

Frankfan4life
09-06-2009, 05:24 PM
I'm also amazed at how many Sawk fans there are at the Cell. Most every time.Fans from Sawk Village? :?: Farmio said there were more Red Sox fans than Sox fans.

Pear-Zin-Ski
09-06-2009, 05:31 PM
hooray for the hibernating offense. just a crappy game and octavio put it out of reach.

chisoxfanatic
09-06-2009, 05:57 PM
We are now 7-16 on Sundays.

Lip Man 1
09-06-2009, 06:04 PM
Fanatic:

What are they at home on Saturday compared to home Sunday results?

Lip

Corlose 15
09-06-2009, 06:06 PM
I don't know that you pin this on the "hibernating offense" so much as the Sox just got beat by a good pitcher.

Lester gave them only a couple opportunities and they werent able to take advantage. The problem is that the Sox have no margin for error and are now 8 games back after the Rays **** the bed in the 9th inning today.

Thatguyoverthere
09-06-2009, 06:07 PM
It seems like the past few years the Sox have sucked on Sundays. What gives?

sox1970
09-06-2009, 06:20 PM
We are now 7-16 on Sundays.

7-15. Same difference.

hawkjt
09-06-2009, 06:31 PM
Lester was good today. He has good stuff. 96mph?...give me a break.
Pods got half our hits....not a good commentary on our right handed hitters. Castro hits the most improbable homers..I never feel like he has a chance up there. Interesting that Pods is hitting .337 against left-handed pitching..he is actually a lefty that can play everyday.

Danks was solid,but made a mistake to Bay and then Lowell.
Solid aint good enough when the Sox face a good pitcher.
Rios would have walked three straight times if he just lets the bat rest on his shoulder...he struck out on ball 4 three straight times...frustrating when you desperately need baserunners.

Go get Beckett tomorrow, and get Mr Perfecto a freaking win already!

It's Dankerific
09-06-2009, 06:31 PM

Ozzie

WhiteSox1989
09-06-2009, 06:41 PM
Ozzie
This is very likely.

:rolleyes:

Konerko05
09-06-2009, 06:58 PM

Hangovers.

Waysouthsider
09-06-2009, 07:18 PM
What a drag to see another decent pitching start wasted with no hitting.....what a drag.....I'm just trying to comprehend being 8....EIGHT games back after we just took four in a row....how does a ****ty road team like the Tigers go to Tampa and sweep the Rays....I hate the Tigers....

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:: angry::angry:

Brian26
09-06-2009, 07:35 PM
Clever title, I love it.

Yes, Heather did a nice job with that one!

Hitmen77
09-06-2009, 07:45 PM
Another Sunday home game...

Another desultory performance...

Amazing.

Solo: I think they are now 2-11 or 2-12 something like that.

Lip

Good enough for a mediocre team.

Let's win tomorrow and take 3 of 4 from Boston. Anyone who is still following the standings should just put down the kool aid.....but I still am looking forward to us playing well this month to go off on a high note and then start getting ready for a successful 2010 season.

JB98
09-06-2009, 08:09 PM
Fanatic:

What are they at home on Saturday compared to home Sunday results?

Lip

I am not Heather, but I do have that answer for you, Lip.

Sox at home on Saturday: 11-0
Sox at home on Sunday: 2-9

twinsuck
09-06-2009, 08:20 PM
Well, so much for that 20 game winning streak. :tongue:

chisoxfanatic
09-06-2009, 08:20 PM
What a drag to see another decent pitching start wasted with no hitting.....what a drag.....I'm just trying to comprehend being 8....EIGHT games back after we just took four in a row....how does a ****ty road team like the Tigers go to Tampa and sweep the Rays....I hate the Tigers....

:angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry::angry:: angry::angry:
I find it commendable that you've been to 12 games when you live all the way down near SIU.
I am not Heather, but I do have that answer for you, Lip.

Sox at home on Saturday: 11-0
Sox at home on Sunday: 2-9
:o:
We haven't lost a game at home on a Saturday?! Wow! Gimme more of those!

Brewski
09-06-2009, 08:49 PM
Clever title, I love it.

I thought it was Mieserable.

ChiSoxGirl
09-06-2009, 10:33 PM
I'm at a loss for words at this point, which may come as a shock to those of you who know me personally. :tongue: Seriously, though, today was another craptastic afternoon at the ballpark. Thanks to the Sox for making my first game in nearly two months so enjoyable. I am sick and tired of watching lousy baseball, and even MORE sick of writing losing game reports. Their record on Sundays is downright embarrassing. Oh, wait... their record overall is downright embarrassing. Nevermind....

tstrike2000
09-06-2009, 10:37 PM
I'm at a loss for words at this point, which may come as a shock to those of you who know me personally. :tongue: Seriously, though, today was another craptastic afternoon at the ballpark. Thanks to the Sox for making my first game in nearly two months so enjoyable. I am sick and tired of watching lousy baseball, and even MORE sick of writing losing game reports. Their record on Sundays is downright embarrassing. Oh, wait... their record overall is downright embarrassing. Nevermind....

We just hope you don't take over writing the post game report for every day of the week since Sunday's not been kind to us. :D:

JB98
09-06-2009, 10:39 PM

Look on the bright side. You get to invent your own pick to click tonight. I don't see one posted in the clubhouse. It would probably be either Man Soo Lee or Southpaw anyway.

I thought Southpaw did a good job of dancing on the dugout today.

chisoxfanatic
09-06-2009, 10:40 PM
We just hope you don't take over writing the post game report for every day of the week since Sunday's not been kind to us. :D:
I think tebman should take over for us all. He has to have the best TBGR-writing record.

chisoxfanatic
09-06-2009, 10:41 PM
Look on the bright side. You get to invent your own pick to click tonight. I don't see one posted in the clubhouse. It would probably be either Man Soo Lee or Southpaw anyway.

I thought Southpaw did a good job of dancing on the dugout today.
I'd give the PTC to Joe Nossek.

ChiSoxGirl
09-06-2009, 10:41 PM

I've been contemplating retirement.... Speaking of which, here's (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/rwas/index.php?category=4&id=3884) this week's epic report. It's a Sunday, so you all know how it goes. :rolleyes: And just for the record, this is the EIGHTH CONSECUTIVE losing game report I've written. :angry:

JB98
09-06-2009, 10:47 PM
I think tebman should take over for us all. He has to have the best TBGR-writing record.

Sox are 18-5 on Saturday. So I figure tebman is 18-5 then. There was one week where he and I switched, and the Sox won both on Wednesday and on Saturday that week.

ChiSoxGirl
09-06-2009, 10:53 PM
Sox are 18-5 on Saturday. So I figure tebman is 18-5 then. There was one week where he and I switched, and the Sox won both on Wednesday and on Saturday that week.

And I switched with him the last weekend of July... and the Sox lost on Saturday and won on Sunday! :o:

JB98
09-06-2009, 10:57 PM
And I switched with him the last weekend of July... and the Sox lost on Saturday and won on Sunday! :o:

I believe that Sunday night in Detroit is the only Sox Sunday victory since the All-Star break.

The Sox have lost nine of their last 10 Sunday games. It's just an automatic loss.

ChiSoxGirl
09-06-2009, 10:59 PM
I believe that Sunday night in Detroit is the only Sox Sunday victory since the All-Star break.

The Sox have lost nine of their last 10 Sunday games. It's just an automatic loss.

And that was the weekend I switched with tebman, since I needed to get to bed early that Sunday night because I had to be up at 3:15a for my flight to Orlando the next morning.

Seems that way, which doesn't bode well for my next game, which is Sunday, September 20. :o: Eh, at least I'll be in the company of two of my good friends that day, that should ease the pain.

DrCrawdad
09-06-2009, 11:56 PM

I know of several Cubbie fans who love to attend White Sox vs. Other Sox games dressed up as Red Sox fans. And in my experience at the games many there are actually Cubbie fans playing dress-up.

Nellie_Fox
09-07-2009, 12:31 AM
Cubbie fans playing dress-up.
:crossdresser

LITTLE NELL
09-07-2009, 07:26 AM
With Detroit sweeping the Rays the nail is just about in the coffin.

soxfan1965
09-07-2009, 08:59 AM
I'm also amazed at how many Sawk fans there are at the Cell. Most every time. Not surprising, it's often cheaper or equal for them to fly here, catch a game, enjoy Navy Pier and Millenium Park et al, than to buy a ticket at Fenway. Too bad the Red Sox don't play here more often as a division rival. The Brewers sure benefit from being in the National League and being Wrigley Field North. Welcome Sawx fans! Tiger fans are welcome in the upcoming home series, as long as they don't rub it in too bad.