PDA

View Full Version : Brandon Hynick - good debut for Charlotte

A. Cavatica
09-05-2009, 08:49 PM
7 strong innings, 1 run, got the win.

Looks like a pretty good pickup for Jose.

SephClone89
09-05-2009, 10:10 PM
Good to hear. Honestly, anybody with any shot at being a decent major leaguer is a good return for Jose.

chunk
09-06-2009, 03:04 AM
It still baffles me that we got someone with an ounce of value out of Jose, especially considering what we got with the Thome trade. I'm actually really liking this Hynick kid and think he can be a valuable #5.

DumpJerry
09-06-2009, 08:41 AM
It still baffles me that we got someone with an ounce of value out of Jose, especially considering what we got with the Thome trade. I'm actually really liking this Hynick kid and think he can be a valuable #5.
This deal is completely independent of the Thome deal. The Thome deal was not done to help to the Sox, but rather to give Thome a chance at a ring.

dickallen15
09-06-2009, 11:50 AM
This deal is completely independent of the Thome deal. The Thome deal was not done to help to the Sox, but rather to give Thome a chance at a ring.

I think the Dodgers are also paying about $1 million of Thome's remaining salary. The kid they got from Contreras has pitched pretty well, but he's not considered much of a prospect. He was ranked #22 in BA assessment of Colorado's prospects.

soxfanreggie
09-06-2009, 01:02 PM
Considering I would have tossed in a couple bats and some balls in with Jose to make the trade, I don't care if he was their 50th best prospect. We've seen good things from Freddy, Torres, etc. And it is important they get some time on the hill rather than a struggling Jose who probably wasn't in our plans for next year.

Tragg
09-07-2009, 02:11 PM
Maybe he can be the long man out of the pen.
I can see us stacking the pen with young pitchers like Hudson, Torres, etc. for next year. No point in paying 2 mill for Dotel.

When Contreras is on, he's an effective starter. The Rockies took a shot, and so far, so good for them.