PDA

View Full Version : The Wonderful Kotsay and Red Sox Nation Wannabees

Waysouthsider
09-05-2009, 08:11 PM
One of the greatest moments for us today was when some nutjob all decked out in Red Sox pajamas made the statement, "Here's that guy we just dumped".....just before Kotsay hit the home run....I reminded him about last night and told him to enjoy BA.....

:D::D::D::D::D::D::D::D:

BleacherBandit
09-05-2009, 08:21 PM
He's better than Kotchman, but I wouldn't think he's that much of a loss to the Red Sox.

But in its irony, that situation was still funny. :thumbsup:

RadioheadRocks
09-05-2009, 08:35 PM
:rolling:

Like a wise man once said, "better to be thought a fool and say nothing, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt".

Fenway
09-05-2009, 10:28 PM
He is missed

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2009/09/05/kotsay_shows_hes_still_a_valuable_part/

Tragg
09-05-2009, 10:32 PM
The Sox have these annual sojourns for utility players. Last year, Wilson Betemit was a centerpiece of a trade.
Well, Kotsay fills the bill. He can play OF and 1B an hit decently - certainly better than most of his utility predecessors.
He's in for next year, as far as I'm concerned.

ChiSox81
09-05-2009, 11:43 PM
This was another steal for KW. He should win the executive of the year award. He has gotten us Peavy, Rios and even Kotsay for nothing at all this year. It is amazing that he has managed to rebuild the team but yet kept us in contention for the AL central this year.

soxnut1018
09-06-2009, 12:21 AM
He has gotten us Peavy, Rios and even Kotsay for nothing at all this year.

But BA was the closest thing we had to a five tool player.

CWSpalehoseCWS
09-06-2009, 12:55 AM
This was another steal for KW. He should win the executive of the year award. He has gotten us Peavy, Rios and even Kotsay for nothing at all this year. It is amazing that he has managed to rebuild the team but yet kept us in contention for the AL central this year.

Don't forget, he actually got a player that could be a decent pitcher in the future for Contreras and the season he had.

Chez
09-06-2009, 08:34 AM

I'm thrilled to have Peavy for 2010, but KW gave up considerably more than "nothing at all" to get him.

Craig Grebeck
09-06-2009, 08:35 AM
Not really. Being in contention due to a pathetic division isn't really commendable.

kittle42
09-06-2009, 09:37 AM
Not really. Being in contention due to a pathetic division isn't really commendable.

Amen to that.

A. Cavatica
09-06-2009, 01:12 PM
Not to mention we fell out of contention right after the trades.

WhiteSoxJunkie
09-07-2009, 08:09 PM

Rios hasn't shown himself to be worth it yet.

Frater Perdurabo
09-07-2009, 08:12 PM
Rios hasn't shown himself to be worth it yet.

I agree. We could be getting equal production for a lot cheaper from Brian Anderson! :tongue:

However, I do expect Rios to "progress to the mean" of his career averages next season, and his career averages are much, much better than Wise/BA.

LongLiveFisk
09-07-2009, 08:32 PM
He is missed

http://www.boston.com/sports/baseball/redsox/articles/2009/09/05/kotsay_shows_hes_still_a_valuable_part/

It doesn't seem that way from some of those fan comments.

minutia
09-07-2009, 10:19 PM
:rolling:

Like a wise man once said, "better to be thought a fool and say nothing, than to open your mouth and remove all doubt".

What a great quote. I am going to have to use that. Is it yours or someone else?

Crede24Thome25
09-07-2009, 11:14 PM
What a great quote. I am going to have to use that. Is it yours or someone else?

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thinks it's Abe Lincoln.:D:

doublem23
09-07-2009, 11:27 PM
Correct me if I'm wrong but I thinks it's Abe Lincoln.:D:

Surprisingly, that quote's not easily attributed to any one person... Lincoln is a possibility, but IIRC, it's most believed to be said by Mark Twain.