PDA

View Full Version : Well We're 5 Games Back

ChiSoxBobette
06-08-2002, 06:23 AM
To all you fans who keep thinking the sky is falling we'll its not the sky it's the White Sox, we we're no-hitted by tony armas jr., how long do we go with this manager and his staff?I was reading the statements he made on whitesox.com and now it sounds like the wheels are really falling off. Jerry Manuel does'nt have clue anymore and neither does his staff. What now the players are putting on their own plays , what is Mark Johnson doing squaring around to bunt and then Carlos Lee basicly running down the line and getting picked off of 3rd base. Then earlier what does nardi tell Wright "come on Danny throw that pitch down the middle we need a homerun hit here"every time this fool comes out to talk to the pitchers it seems like the next pitch the batter clobbers it.
I WILL SAY IT AGAIN ITS TIME TO GET RID OF jerry manuel AND HIS BUDDIES HE HAS AS COACHES!How long does J.R. & K.W. watch this and not say or do anything about it after last night its the perfect time to bring up at least Joe Crede and with last nights play of carlos lee bring up Joe Borchard. If anyone thinks that right now we can take the twinkies - Well God Bless Ya , because I don't think this team is going to at least loose 2 of 3 to the expos God Help Us , because I don't see or hear anything coming from the front office -maybe they think we're winning. Also after what I saw of Jeff Weaver last night no way would I trade any of our rookies for that.
Go White Sox :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :angry:

oldcomiskey
06-08-2002, 06:52 AM
can Jerry help it if we are stuck with a leftfielder who cant do anything right--an offense that sometimes resembles the 27 Yankees--but at other times looks like the 70 White Sox(who here remembers that fun season)...a pitching staff that sometimes looks like a world beater---but here lately cant get a win----I hate to say it and sound like Da coach but right now this team is dead in the water----I think a wildcard is the best they can do----

ChiSoxBobette
06-08-2002, 07:47 AM
Do you think Steinbrenner would be sitting still for this type of coaching staff & manager. Like I said we could'nt take the series from the royals (which before that series all I heard was that when we face the royals will be back on track by sweeping them)now we've lost the 1st one against the expos(who by the way have a manager that does'nt take any crap-did you see Frank Robinson telling and I mean telling the first reliever that was out there for T.Armas Jr. how he wanted him to pitch when Robinson saw something he did'nt like) this coaching staff does'nt have a clue we've had how many guys picked off of 3rd base - 3RD BASE FOR GODSSAKE!Now today on whitesox.com I read how J.R. is'nt even taking any of the blame he tells the reporters that they will have to talk to carlos lee , wallace johnson & mark johnson to find out what they we're thinking in the 9th inning , come on J.M. now he's going to start pointing fingers at his players & coaching staff. Sounds to me like a manager thats on his last legs, he still makes rookie manager mistakes , and his coach wavin wally telling reporters after the game that well it just something they will have to learn from - Times Over For Learning , this staff has had how long & J.R. does'nt say a word come on. I don't care if this team makes a run at it later in the year like they did last year almost does'nt mean anything. As far as a wild card ,well have you seen the records of the red sox, yankees and for that matter the angels. The White Sox should be at the very least with all of the expectations and the weak division they're in tied with the twins or up on them right now not 5 games behind and fading.
Yeah maybe the sky is falling , but so are the sox. What are we going to say after the expos leave town will be back on track when the mets get here, the sox can be 8 games back by the time they hit the road and after that the phillys, braves and then the flubs it maybe a long climb back to even 2nd place.
:angry: :angry: :angry: :angry: :gulp:

PaleHoseGeorge
06-08-2002, 08:57 AM
Until we start winning some games, I'm afraid it's rather pointless to look at the standings. If we're five games back now, we'll be 7, 9, and 11 back without some wins of our own.

:(:

ChiSoxBobette
06-08-2002, 09:13 AM
Yes and I agree, but how long does our owner go with J.M. and these coaches. I know that if we make move now with manuel & the coaching staff it may just mean we've givin up on this year but I still see mistakes being made that you would think this staff would'nt be making after being together this long. I really think J.M. and the coaching staff have lost this team. Last night Johnson & Lee doing something that this morning J.M said on whitesox.com would be something the reporters would have to ask them about he did'nt know what was going on in thier heads.Then when wavin wally was asked about it he just says its something they will have to learn from - Like I Said,The Time For Learnin With A Verteran Coaching Staf & Team Is Over. Its time for some changes , bring up some of these minor leaguers we have. I don't see it being a better time to get Joe Crede up here and let him play 3rd base.
GO WHITE SOX

WinningUgly!
06-08-2002, 09:39 AM
Originally posted by oldcomiskey
I think a wildcard is the best they can do----

Yeah, that could happen. There's no way we'll end up with a better record than NY or Boston, so forget about the Wildcard. Winning the AL Central is the only possibility for this team to see the post season.

RKMeibalane
06-08-2002, 11:27 AM
I'm sick and tired of this crap. It's old. The Sox look like the Bad News Bears right now. On second thought, they don't. They are worse than the Bad News Bears, because they have the talent to win, but they aren't doing it.

Last night was awful. Carlos Lee is done. Period. I don't want to see his sorry ass in the lineup again. I don't care if he sits on the bench for the rest of his career. He doesn't deserve to play Major League Baseball. For his sake, I hope he was not laughing after he was picked off. If he was, then he would be wise to leave the country before I find him.

I've had it with the Sox not getting it done in clutch situations. Last night, Frank Thomas came up with two on and none out. He crushed the ball into the gap in left-center, but Lofton and Durham were unable to advance because they weren't paying attention. They assumed Frank had at least a double, so they didn't think to tag up in the event the ball was caught.

I think Manuel should send Clayton and Lee down. I realize Clayton is making a lot of money, but he's the worst baseball player I've ever seen at the Major League level. They would be better off playing Crede and Borchard. Since Crede is on the forty-man roster, he'll be affected by a work-stoppage anyway. I think he deserves to be with the Sox. What is it going to take for Manuel and Williams to promote him?

Nardi should be fired. He's awful. Every time he goes to the mound, something bad happens. He doesn't know what he's doing. He has already been fired by the Yankees and Mariners. Obviously, they knew enough to get rid of him. But the Sox seem to want him around. Why? He almost destroyed Kip Wells' career. Now that Kip is in Pittsburgh, he is well on his way to having the kind of career we expected of him.

oldcomiskey
06-08-2002, 06:39 PM
dont blame kip on Nardi------do you think the bullpen of 2000 would have been half as good without him...and half a season does not a good pitcher make

Iguana775
06-08-2002, 07:24 PM
Originally posted by oldcomiskey
dont blame kip on Nardi------do you think the bullpen of 2000 would have been half as good without him...and half a season does not a good pitcher make

no...they would have been better. nardi is a virus that needs to be expelled.

there is no doubt in my mind that most of the pitching problems we had is because of nardi. he sux and needs to be fired. you dont get the 'worst pitching coach in baseball' label by piniella when he was with seattle.