PDA

View Full Version : Sox Podcasts

Madscout
09-05-2009, 10:13 AM
I've been getting into podcasts. Sadly, there is no good Sox podcast. There is a "Soxcast" but it hasn't been updated since last winter. There is another podcast with what sounds like a couple of teenagers doing it called Oral Sox, and it sucks. I pretty much stick to downloading from the Score whenever Steve Stone, Coop, Hawk, or one of the players is on. Anyone know anything about other Sox podcasts for future refereance?

And would anyone like to do one, becuase with some of the talent on this site, I think a few of you could make one that kicks butt.

soxfanreggie
09-05-2009, 10:52 AM
Soxcast ended, and I'm not sure they got anyone to take it over.

kingpin_rcs
09-05-2009, 02:18 PM
Yeah, Soxcast was awesome. George, if your out there - we miss you!!

Brian26
09-05-2009, 02:22 PM
The one baseball podcast I really enjoy on an everyday baseball is ESPN's Baseball Today. Eric Karabell and Peter Pascarelli are really fun to listen to and seem to treat every team fairly. Pascarelli's crankiness is hilarious (ie his hate of all things New York Yankees).

Daver
09-05-2009, 02:37 PM
What the hell is a podcast?

soxfanreggie
09-05-2009, 03:00 PM

While you may already know, it's like a radio program that someone records for people with iTunes to download and put on their iPods. Anyone can create a podcast about any topic. For example, you could create one about hunting rifles.

Madscout
09-05-2009, 07:00 PM
You know, the funny thing is that I thought you'd be the guy to do it. I'd listen to that.

Daver
09-05-2009, 07:06 PM
You know, the funny thing is that I thought you'd be the guy to do it. I'd listen to that.

You'd be much better served with one of the towering baseball intellects that we have around here, I'm not one of them.

thomas35forever
09-05-2009, 08:11 PM
Soxcast has been looking for a new host since George announced he would be leaving. I'm still subscribed to it in case something happens.

Madscout
09-05-2009, 11:07 PM
You'd be much better served with one of the towering baseball intellects that we have around here, I'm not one of them.
I'd be more worried about your broadcasting skills than your baseball knowledge.

Daver
09-05-2009, 11:42 PM
I'm capable of speaking in almost complete sentences, the rest is questionable to say the least.

Madscout
09-06-2009, 09:06 AM
I'm capable of speaking in almost complete sentences, the rest is questionable to say the least.
Well, then you've got a one up on the Oral Sox kids.:redneck