PDA

View Full Version : *Official* The Boys are Back! 9-4 Post Game

SoxGirl4Life
09-04-2009, 11:10 PM
Quite the beat-down. Lets keep this going! :bliss:

veeter
09-04-2009, 11:12 PM
When young guys and veterans blend together for victories, it just feels good. Whatever happens this year, happens. Next year already looks like it could be special.

mzh
09-04-2009, 11:13 PM
Anyone hear Farmio and DJ in the ninth? Farmer was talking about how the game ended yesterday, and DJ zoned out and then had no idea what he was saying. Classic.

GlassSox
09-04-2009, 11:13 PM
This game was fun to watch on TV, just wish I could have been there. :D:

DrCrawdad
09-04-2009, 11:14 PM
How did Hudson look? I missed it. :angry:

GlassSox
09-04-2009, 11:16 PM

Hit the 1st batter in the foot and then excellent after that.

Boondock Saint
09-04-2009, 11:16 PM
Absolutely dominating performance by our guys tonight. I've been waiting too long to see this from the Sox, and it feels damned good. Now just maintain this momentum, and the rest will fall into place.

Brian26
09-04-2009, 11:17 PM

Lots of movement on his pitches. Nunez looked good for an inning too. And Flowers...wow, big kid at the plate. The future looks bright.

Lip Man 1
09-04-2009, 11:20 PM
Nice little winning streak. Keep it going, at least get a winning season.

Lip

ChiSoxGirl
09-04-2009, 11:22 PM
The Sox played SO WELL tonight!!!! They only hit one home run, hit in the clutch, took advantage of a pitcher who didn't have his best stuff, and didn't strand too many guys on base. The young kids look promising! Let's keep this going!!! :bandance:

WhiteSoxOnly
09-04-2009, 11:24 PM
Just another White Sox win,ho-hum.:redneck

Frankfan4life
09-04-2009, 11:27 PM
Wow! Twelve runs and just one homer. Twenty hits and even one by Wise. Freddy did a great job against a good-hitting team. I'm impressed!

It's been a while since we've put together three wins in a row. Me likey! http://www.freesmileys.org/smileys/smiley-dance013.gif

ChiSox81
09-04-2009, 11:29 PM
We have put ourselves in a great position for the rest of the series. We have the pitching advantage for the rest of this series. We shouldn't have any problem taking 2 out of the next 3. The rest of the league may have written us off but we are going to win this division.

hawkjt
09-04-2009, 11:33 PM
3 wins in three days vs 3 different teams....hmmm..when have they done that before? oh yea, at the end of last year.

Seems like all the ducksnorts they have been needing all season fall in tonite...oh for a few of those last week on the road.
Kotsay was all over Byrd...16 for 31...wow. Nice call by ozzie putting him in there. I think if Kotsay is cheap, they need to consider keeping him next year..very versatile player.
Little bittersweet after that Ray rally fell short...darnit..now looks like tigers are really playing good ball and winning all the one run games.
Sox caught a bad break with Wakefield somehow managing to come back a second time from injury in two weeks to face the Sox...he was lites out last week...hope we can figure him out tomorrow, cuz lester and beckett are next. Would have loved to have faced Tazari again as scheduled, we own that guy.

Nice to have a laugher, bullpen gets a break and some regulars have short nites. All good.Now, keep it going. At least make the Tigers earn this title.

Frankfan4life
09-04-2009, 11:33 PM
It's good to see Getz back in the groove. What a nice day he had going 4 for 5 with 2 RBI's.

hawkjt
09-04-2009, 11:35 PM
We have put ourselves in a great position for the rest of the series. We have the pitching advantage for the rest of this series. We shouldn't have any problem taking 2 out of the next 3. The rest of the league may have written us off but we are going to win this division.

Wakefield shut us down just last week, Lester did also and Beckett is probably in the final two for Cy...not sure what you are thinking here. Can we beat them all? sure, but the matchups are tough.

gobears1987
09-04-2009, 11:42 PM
Call me nuts (or drunk) but we have 6 more games against the Kittens. We aren't out of this one until the elimination # is 0. Hopefully we don't reach that point and we have a MAGIC NUMBER of 0.

ChiSox81
09-04-2009, 11:42 PM
Wakefield shut us down just last week, Lester did also and Beckett is probably in the final two for Cy...not sure what you are thinking here. Can we beat them all? sure, but the matchups are tough.

Umm Floyd, Danks, and Buehrle. You wouldn't take that over what Boston is throwing out there? Its not like we are running out Jose Contreras, Todd Ritchie and Jason Bere.

gobears1987
09-04-2009, 11:47 PM
Oh and who didn't miss the return of Big Game Freddy? He might be 1-2 but he really should be 3-1 at this point. Freddy Garcia is pitching like he used to and reminded me why the first jersey I purchased with my own cash was #34 Freddy Garcia.

Frankfan4life
09-04-2009, 11:48 PM
Call me nuts (or drunk) but we have 6 more games against the Kittens. We aren't out of this one until the elimination # is 0. Hopefully we don't reach that point and we have a MAGIC NUMBER of 0.I'm with you. I'll keep hoping for a miracle finish.

Nelfox02
09-04-2009, 11:49 PM
Wow, what an effort tonight, all areas not a single bad thing to say about this game

Always big to win the first game of a series, plus we gave the Boston pen a bit of a work out

our best pitchers against theirs now, interesting to see how it shakes out, set the goal to win 2 of the next 3, hope Tamapa's excruciatingly close comeback effort cna inspire them to smack D-Town around the next couple days and we may actually cut this division lead down a game or two.....then it could get interesting again

Finish strong guys!:bandance:

gobears1987
09-04-2009, 11:52 PM
I'm with you. I'll keep hoping for a miracle finish.
The Rockies did it in 2007. Why can't this team do it? Just looking at the two teams, I think this team has more talent on it. It has had the talent since about early June (and has continued to build since then). Unfortunately that talent has underperformed or been injured. Let's see what this team can do in September. I'm not counting my team out until they are mathematically eliminated. As an econ major who spends his entire day doing nothing but going over statistics and calculus, I know the odds are slim, but damnit it's still possible.

hawkjt
09-04-2009, 11:55 PM
I am afraid that fricking Verlander is going to strap the Tigers to his back and personally beat back all challenges...that guy is a helluva pitcher. He took them into the 9th tonite, and has thrown like 120+ pitches his last three starts...seems indestructible.
Tigers have been very clutch late in games the last few weeks, and winning all the one run games....Sox need to win now,gain a few games to make them feel pressure.

SoxGirl4Life
09-04-2009, 11:56 PM
We are all bi-polar.

I don't know about the rest of you, but to me, when the Sox are winning, the world is just a happier place. :D:

DirtySox
09-05-2009, 12:00 AM
What a game to see in person! Loved being able to witness Hudson's major league debut. His pitches have a ton of movement. Nunez has a really nice slider as well.

Still haven't been to a Sox loss this year. I'll take my 50 cents now GoGo.

SoxGirl4Life
09-05-2009, 12:02 AM
I am afraid that fricking Verlander is going to strap the Tigers to his back and personally beat back all challenges...that guy is a helluva pitcher. He took them into the 9th tonite, and has thrown like 120+ pitches his last three starts...seems indestructible.
Tigers have been very clutch late in games the last few weeks, and winning all the one run games....Sox need to win now,gain a few games to make them feel pressure.

If the Tigers win this division, the Sox have no one to blame but themselves.

They still have a chance, but my god, how many games SHOULD the Sox have won. Do we really want to do that analysis? For starters, we SUCKED in extra innings this year. We SUCKED late in games. We SUCKED when facing a rookie. We ABSOLUTELY sucked in domes. That right there is at least, at LEAST, 10 games we SHOULD have won, but didn't.

Nope, if the Tigers win the division, they will have deserved to win it.

/end rant. And sorry, not directed at you, but at the situation in general

WhiteSox1989
09-05-2009, 12:05 AM
Fun game to be at. I like what I see from Hudson. And it's so nice having Getz back.

WhiteSox1989
09-05-2009, 12:08 AM
Oh, and Anderson got quit the round of applause. And I was sitting behind two Blackhawks players.. Burish...I can't remember the other one..I think Beach.

Dub25
09-05-2009, 12:10 AM
I'm with you. I'll keep hoping for a miracle finish.

Granted the Tribe fell short but what do you think the Cleveland media was saying on September 4th 2005?

gobears1987
09-05-2009, 12:12 AM
Oh, and Anderson got quit the round of applause. And I was sitting behind two Blackhawks players.. Burish...I can't remember the other one..I think Beach.I didn't get to see the game as I can't see WCIU games down here,. but I learned about the applause from Ranger's FB status. He seemed to be as puzzled by the reaction as I am. I would've been neutral towards BA. I can think of a dozen ex-Sox players on other teams more deserving of the standing O that Ranger described. I don't think Ross Gload got that treatment, and he probably deserves it more than BA.

I guess I'd rather have our fans give a standing-O to an undeserving player than boo a franchise player (as Cleveland does).

voodoochile
09-05-2009, 12:17 AM
Nothing much to say about this game, except WOOHOO! Lovely to be back in Chicago isn't it?

Like I said last night, I'm not really a believer in signs, but tonight there was another one...

I was following the game on the computer, but watching old Criminal Minds episodes on the TV. The episode that was on early in the game was one where a killer is taunting the members of the BAU and sending them riddles to figure out. As part of the riddle, Mandy Patankin's character gets a Nellie Fox card sent to him in the mail. He starts talking about how he loved that 1959 Sox team. Oh and the card was actually a 1963 version which is the year I was born. The only part that disturbs me (aside from the fact that I don't believe in signs) is that obviously in 1959 the Sox won the pennant, but lost to the Dodgers in the WS. Man as cool as it would be to make it to the WS, playing the Dodgers with Thome would really suck...

But first things first...

Three in a row, hmmm a baby winning streak...

:soxwin:

:)

KnightSox
09-05-2009, 12:24 AM
Nothing like a beatdown on the Red Cubs!!

Lets keep the bats alive the rest of the weekend.

SI1020
09-05-2009, 12:25 AM
Mandy Patinkin grew up in the South Shore neighborhood. I always assumed he had that scene written in because he's a Sox fan. I have no proof, just a gut feeling.

GoGoCrede
09-05-2009, 12:26 AM
Erica in, Sox win! The last few games I've been to have been utter fun. I'm glad I decided on a whim to go. I had a great seat behind the dugout. I swear to you, Alexei and I made eye contact. :D:

It was fun seeing the Blackhawks players, though I wouldn't know Toews from Seabrook. It was cool how they let the Hawks season ticket holders walk the field.

DirtySox, your record is intact!

Great seeing Flowers and Hudson out there. BA got a nice round of applause.

GoGoCrede
09-05-2009, 12:30 AM
What a game to see in person! Loved being able to witness Hudson's major league debut. His pitches have a ton of movement. Nunez has a really nice slider as well.

Still haven't been to a Sox loss this year. I'll take my 50 cents now GoGo.

What is this fifty cents you speak of? It went towards beer, sorry. :D: Ask KW.

Too many Sawx fans there, but that's to be expected and they definitely quieted down.

voodoochile
09-05-2009, 12:31 AM
Mandy Patinkin grew up in the South Shore neighborhood. I always assumed he had that scene written in because he's a Sox fan. I have no proof, just a gut feeling.

I still can't watch him on that show without hoping he'll finally to say to one of the perps after they catch the guy, "Hello, my name is Inyago Montoya. You have killed many people's fathers, prepare to die."

chisoxfanatic
09-05-2009, 12:35 AM
It was fun seeing the Blackhawks players, though I wouldn't know Toews from Seabrook. It was cool how they let the Hawks season ticket holders walk the field.
I'll have to educate you, girl! :tongue:

The best thing about tonight was that a poster here offered me a pass to the Blackhawks "meet and greet" and parade, so I got my photo taken with Ladd, Toews, Campbell, Burish, and Hjalmarsson! Thank you, dllrbll7, and it was nice to put another face to the name.

While parading around the warning track, I took very up-close photos of Freddy, Paulie, Thornton, and TCM. I even told Youkilis that the fans in Boston are REALLY booing every time he comes at bat, and Pedroia got a kick out of that. :tongue:

That was a thorough demolision of Boston! Nice going, guys!

Waysouthsider
09-05-2009, 12:41 AM
Wow...what a fund night tonight....my daughter's first game at the cell, too....guess I'm going to bring her more often....! She's with me all weekend for the series against the bozos from Boston and their thundering herd of mindless robotniks..

:bandance::bandance::bandance::bandance::bandance: :bandance::bandance::bandance::bandance::bandance: :bandance::bandance:

tstrike2000
09-05-2009, 12:53 AM
Awesome, but don't stop now.

Hitmen77
09-05-2009, 12:56 AM
Freddy and Hudson looked great tonight. Both of these guys (if Garcia stays healthy) could make important contributions to the 2010 pitching staff.

Between these two pitchers tonight and Carlos Torres yesterday, I think we saw the top contenders for the #5 starter for next year.

Flowers is still hitless. He's obviously a bust. We should DFA him now.:redneck

It's great to have Getz back in the lineup. I know some of the people here are down on him, but I think we really missed him the last couple of weeks.

kitekrazy
09-05-2009, 01:14 AM
Pinch me to to see I'm not dreaming..but didn't the Sox just win 3 in a row?

Freddy is awesome.

jcw218
09-05-2009, 04:05 AM
3 wins in three days vs 3 different teams....hmmm..when have they done that before? oh yea, at the end of last year.

In three different ballparks (two cities) no less. This game of baseball is crazy. I think this may be the 9th time overall that the feat has been accomplished and the 1st time that the same team has done it in back to back opportunities.

oeo
09-05-2009, 04:50 AM
Man as cool as it would be to make it to the WS, playing the Dodgers with Thome would really suck...

It would be crazy, but Thome would be guaranteed a ring. The Sox would just have to beat them and then invite Thome to the clubhouse to celebrate. :tongue:

CWSpalehoseCWS
09-05-2009, 04:54 AM
Nothing much to say about this game, except WOOHOO! Lovely to be back in Chicago isn't it?

Like I said last night, I'm not really a believer in signs, but tonight there was another one...

I was following the game on the computer, but watching old Criminal Minds episodes on the TV. The episode that was on early in the game was one where a killer is taunting the members of the BAU and sending them riddles to figure out. As part of the riddle, Mandy Patankin's character gets a Nellie Fox card sent to him in the mail. He starts talking about how he loved that 1959 Sox team. Oh and the card was actually a 1963 version which is the year I was born. The only part that disturbs me (aside from the fact that I don't believe in signs) is that obviously in 1959 the Sox won the pennant, but lost to the Dodgers in the WS. Man as cool as it would be to make it to the WS, playing the Dodgers with Thome would really suck...

But first things first...

Three in a row, hmmm a baby winning streak...

:soxwin:

:)

Wow, didn't even realize that. That's erie. Especially with the 50th anniversary and all.

Mohoney
09-05-2009, 05:21 AM
I can't for the life of me remember this team having a real laugher like this at any point this season.

guillensdisciple
09-05-2009, 05:26 AM
Go Sox! **** adversity and obstacles!

WSox597
09-05-2009, 07:51 AM
Freddy and Hudson looked great tonight. Both of these guys (if Garcia stays healthy) could make important contributions to the 2010 pitching staff.

Between these two pitchers tonight and Carlos Torres yesterday, I think we saw the top contenders for the #5 starter for next year.

Flowers is still hitless. He's obviously a bust. We should DFA him now.:redneck

It's great to have Getz back in the lineup. I know some of the people here are down on him, but I think we really missed him the last couple of weeks.

I'm with you on Getz, he's going to be a fine ballplayer. The Sox are better when he's in the lineup.

Really nice game for the Sox, it was fun to watch. Freddie was in control, it was good to see.

12 runs, only one HR, good stuff.

palehozenychicty
09-05-2009, 09:59 AM
I look at the boxscore and clips. I see a nice win. They may have finally gotten into a groove, but do they have enough time? The Kittens have been playing well too. Stay tuned....

doublem23
09-05-2009, 10:06 AM
On the way to the Loop for dinner last night, the Red Line was packed with plenty of Sawx fans. Glad to see their night was ruined. :cool:

Madscout
09-05-2009, 10:23 AM
The Rockies did it in 2007. Why can't this team do it? Just looking at the two teams, I think this team has more talent on it.
You know what we got that they had.....Pods:bandance:

WhiteSox1989
09-05-2009, 10:43 AM
On the way to the Loop for dinner last night, the Red Line was packed with plenty of Sawx fans. Glad to see their night was ruined. :cool:

Yesterday in the first inning a Red Sox player hit a pretty high fly ball and the Sawx fan behind me stood and just yelled "That ball is out of here"...then Rios caught it.

It was a thing of beauty seeing his face when the Sox scored all those runs.

SoxandtheCityTee
09-05-2009, 10:59 AM

Was it ever. The ones sitting around us went so quiet we thought we might need to use a mirror to check they were still breathing. It made the game even more enjoyable.

GoGoCrede
09-05-2009, 11:05 AM
Yesterday in the first inning a Red Sox player hit a pretty high fly ball and the Sawx fan behind me stood and just yelled "That ball is out of here"...then Rios caught it.

It was a thing of beauty seeing his face when the Sox scored all those runs.

Same here. The guy behind me jumped up. And when one of the Sawx players got a hit in the 9th, he was like "Nice!"

Still a fun game, though.

SoxGirl4Life
09-05-2009, 12:48 PM
You know what we got that they had.....Pods:bandance:

Pods was with us in 07

Pear-Zin-Ski
09-05-2009, 01:03 PM
Exactly what this team should be capable of each and every night. Our defense has been getting better ever so slightly over the past two weeks. I really like how Beckham has stepped it up at 3B and isn't amazing what happens when JD ISN'T playing in RF? We can get to the ball out there now, amazing! Alexei is an RBI machine, he really has a knack for getting RISP in. I am way too overjoyed that Getz is back, the kid can play even if it's Twinkie-esque. :tongue:

Hudson is going to be an absolute beast, his fastball was dancing all over the place. I love HDTV! I don't know about you guys, but I am super excited to see the 2010 Sox, there is no reason why we shouldn't crush the AL Central, absolutely no reason. I fully believe that last night is a preview of how good this team will be next year.

Keep the train rolling boys!

chisoxfanatic
09-05-2009, 02:43 PM
It was nice to give BA a standing ovation when he came up to bat, and it's nice that others did the same. BA received a nice ovation overall.

Frankfan4life
09-05-2009, 03:49 PM
It was nice to give BA a standing ovation when he came up to bat, and it's nice that others did the same. BA received a nice ovation overall.It was also nice of BA to show his appreciation by striking out. :redneck I guess he didn't want to embarrass his former fan base with his brilliant hitting.

October26
09-05-2009, 04:11 PM
Great game and win for our Sox last night. Keep it going! :bandance: