PDA

View Full Version : The Onion nails it

doublem23
09-03-2009, 11:11 PM
http://www.theonion.com/content/news_briefs/lou_piniella_lauded_for_not

:clap:

JohnTucker0814
09-03-2009, 11:34 PM
"In the Wrigley Field parking lot"... just like a cub fan, they don't even know that they have no parking lots!

october23sp
09-03-2009, 11:44 PM
"In the Wrigley Field parking lot"... just like a cub fan, they don't even know that they have no parking lots!

No, it's right for The Onion to assume a major league team would have a parking lot.

JohnTucker0814
09-04-2009, 12:19 AM
No, it's right for The Onion to assume a major league team would have a parking lot.

I know what the Onion is all about, I thought it was funny that they were making the Cub fan look even worse, maybe without even knowing it! haha

doublem23
09-04-2009, 12:26 AM

Well, there is a small lot next to the park, between Wrigley and Clark, that holds maybe 50-100 cars. Something like $50 to park there on gameday.

Rohan
09-04-2009, 12:28 AM
Well, there is a small lot next to the park, between Wrigley and Clark, that holds maybe 50-100 cars. Something like $50 to park there on gameday.

And the managers and players do have a place to park their car.

RadioheadRocks
09-04-2009, 01:24 AM

:rolling:

Standing Ovation
09-04-2009, 07:47 AM
Ummmm, the players do have a lot to park their cars. I'm not sure why everyone finds this so funny.

DumpJerry
09-04-2009, 08:00 AM
Ozzie takes the el, so do a lot of the Sox players.

I guess they don't want their rides keyed. Dangerous 'hood, you know.

Soxfanspcu11
09-04-2009, 10:02 AM
Ozzie takes the el, so do a lot of the Sox players.

I guess they don't want their rides keyed. Dangerous 'hood, you know.

That's what I never understood. Remember that post game or pre game interview from a few years ago where Ozzie said that he hated going to wrigley and all that and that he had to park in the McDonalds parking lot? I don't get how thats possible because if you park there, your car is towed before you even turn the engine off. :scratch:

DumpJerry
09-04-2009, 12:37 PM
That's what I never understood. Remember that post game or pre game interview from a few years ago where Ozzie said that he hated going to wrigley and all that and that he had to park in the McDonalds parking lot? I don't get how thats possible because if you park there, your car is towed before you even turn the engine off. :scratch:
Ozzie slipped the kid a Fin.

Cuck the Fubs
09-04-2009, 12:55 PM
I passed this photo around this morning...I felt compelled to share here as well...ENJOY!

fram40
09-04-2009, 03:18 PM
Here's a link to a funny story (fictional) about Hawk and the Metrodome on the Heckler. I laughed out loud.

http://www.theheckler.com/news/templates/?a=3065&z=25

LongLiveFisk
09-07-2009, 11:31 PM

I think you can park there now on game days, but you will fork over some nice cash to do so. Otherwise your car will be towed.