09-03-2009, 03:57 PM
Nice outing kid!

Pear-Zin-Ski
09-03-2009, 03:58 PM
Winner! Cubs Lose!

:)

hi im skot
I can't believe they're dragging me back in...

I'm sorry I didn't get to watch, but it sounds like Torres was dealing.

:thumbsup:

Jimmy Piersall
Well done young fella ! lookee here,a winning streak ! :bandance:

October26
Wonderful game! Thank you Sox and thank you Carlos Torres. I am doing another happy dance today :bandance: Sox beat the Cubs, oh yeah! :bandance:

hi im skot
I love the thread title.

Boondock Saint
Here's to you, Carlos Torres.

:gulp: :clap:

kufram
He looks like a pretty good candidate for number 5. Hey look... someone plays a worse defense than we do!!

SoxSpeed22
09-03-2009, 03:59 PM
Holy crap, a winning streak.
Good job by Carlos, good timely hitting and ****ty Cub defense leads to this one. Let's hope this helps out in our homestand.

1908<2005
09-03-2009, 04:00 PM
God Alfonso Soriano is awful. Is he even trying anymore? :tongue:

1908<2005
He looks like a pretty good candidate for number 5.
Eh I'm not on that bandwagon yet. This Cubs team is pretty awful.

Risk
Way to step up Carlos Torres! I hope I can catch the game on replay.

It's always good to win two in a row in two of the crappiest stadiums in the world.:D:

Risk

tstrike2000
09-03-2009, 04:01 PM
Wow, a nice surprise that we hand out the shutout for once. So glad this is over with and even more so that the Scrubs are out of it.

#1swisher
09-03-2009, 04:02 PM
Congratulations...Cy Torres:D::gulp:

UChicagoHP
09-03-2009, 04:02 PM
- Congrats to Mr. Torres! Anyone else pumped after Ozzie left him in to get the final out in the 7th in what was still a 1-0 game? Nasty change up, welcome to the big time kid!

- D'Wayne Wise, nice throw man, nice throw...

- As StonePony stated, Soriano should be DH'ing in 2010(if the Cubs can find a taker, of course!). I understand the man is playing at 70% due to his banged up knee, but if he can't give the effort, he shouldn't be on the field.

- Along the same line, Alexei continues to hurt the team with his un-acceptable play at SS. He needs to be moved back to 2B in the off-season. I'm fairly confident Kenny Williams/Ozzie Guillen feel the same way.

- The 2009 Cubs clubhouse/dugout must be un-bearable to the guys on that team with a "good" personality. Bradley is a horrible, horrible person to be stuck on a team with. What a cancerous personality, somebody get the bat out of his ass.

- 2 in a row! It's going to take a ridiculous run of 15 straight, or 19 of 20(ala the 2007 Rockies) to make the playoffs at this point. But heck, I may as well stay on this boat till the very end.

samurai_sox
09-03-2009, 04:03 PM
MVP of the game, Alfonso Soriano! :redneck

VenturaFan23
09-03-2009, 04:03 PM
God Alfonso Soriano is awful. Is he even trying anymore? :tongue:

He's basically stealing money from that team and they have him until he's 39. What a bad, bad contract. Hendry is such a genius!

soxfan1965
09-03-2009, 04:04 PM
Nice job Carlos and it's very satisfying to see yet another rookie step up. Wise was a awesome momentum turner first with that outstanding catch and the great throw out at the plate--he's a plugger that does outstanding things when they really count, not a meaningless stat builder. Although I am very disappointed with Rios, imagine if the Sox had Soriano and Bradley and their morale drain and salary drain. Awesome!

voodoochile
09-03-2009, 04:04 PM
:sweep

There, you guys happy now? :tongue:

Nice job by Torres...

:thankgod

:soxwin:

:)

kufram
09-03-2009, 04:05 PM
Eh I'm not on that bandwagon yet. This Cubs team is pretty awful.
I did say "candidate".

I don't care how bad they are. They are a major league team, they are in with a wild card chance, and it is Cubs/White Sox. He pitched out of jams, threw strikes when he needed to, did he walk anybody? What do you want?

Law11
09-03-2009, 04:05 PM
I laughed so hard when he missed that ball.. Great game by Carlos.. I hope they had something better than Budweiser to soak him in after the game..

VenturaFan23
09-03-2009, 04:06 PM
Just when I think the Sox are bad, I see that team on the north side and I feel SO MUCH better :D:

voodoochile
Nice job Carlos and it's very satisfying to see yet another rookie step up. Wise was a awesome momentum turner first with that outstanding catch and the great throw out at the plate--he's a plugger that does outstanding things when they really count, not a meaningless stat builder. Although I am very disappointed with Rios, imagine if the Sox had Soriano and Bradley and their morale drain and salary drain. Awesome!

He had another nice grab earlier in the game on a ball that could have been a leadoff double. He's not a good player, but he does seem to have a knack for making plays that make a difference.

Martinigirl
Clearly a key to us winning is me not watching.

Hopefully we can get some momentum so we can at least end the season with our heads held high.

kufram
09-03-2009, 04:08 PM
Wise got booed in game one, took a lot of stick for his offensive weaknesses, which are undeniable. But he is a very good outfielder who will lay it out to make the catch without showboating

SoxGirl4Life
09-03-2009, 04:08 PM
I did say "candidate".

I don't care how bad they are. They are a major league team they are in with a wild card chance and it is Cubs/White Sox. He pitched out of jams, threw strikes when he needed to, did he walk anybody? What do you want?

Don't let him bug you. He's a cub fan :redneck

samurai_sox
09-03-2009, 04:12 PM
What a great day so far, the Sox beat the cubs :bandance: and the Bears kickoff in 3 hours.:bandance:

GO SOX!!!!
GO BEARS!!!!
:dtroll:

beasly213
09-03-2009, 04:15 PM
Nice to see Carlos pitch well today. Go Sox.

SOXPHILE
09-03-2009, 04:16 PM
Yay. I know it's only the Hooterville World Series at this point of the season, but a Sox win over the Cubs is still a good thing that warms the cockles of my heart.

KyWhiSoxFan
09-03-2009, 04:20 PM
Torres should have been in the rotation for over a month, when it became clear that Contreras had lost it.

chisoxfanatic
09-03-2009, 04:21 PM
It's always great to beat the Cubs.

WhiteSox1989
09-03-2009, 04:22 PM
Nice win. Phenomenal pitching job by Torres. Unbelievable. I was in class following it on my phone and was so anxious with it being 1-0 and him going in to pitch the 7th. What a great win.

Frankfan4life
09-03-2009, 04:26 PM
It's nice to be on the other side of a frustrating loss. Hope this becomes a habit. :bandance:

Waysouthsider
09-03-2009, 04:31 PM
Carlos you are the man!!!! Thanks for ending this horrible week on a high note....

So much for the sCrUBs......Let's see if we can get some W's over the weekend against a real baseball team!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

Lip Man 1
09-03-2009, 04:36 PM
Even though the game means nothing, it's always fun to beat the Cubs and drive the nail a little deeper into their coffin.

It's also nice to see a team kick the ball around worse than the Sox do for once.

Is it just me or does Scott Podsednik now make a base running mistake a game? Bring on the Chone Figgins era next season! LOL

Seriously it seems since they got Rios his head is off in the clouds someplace.

16 wins for a winning season!

Lip

JB98
09-03-2009, 04:37 PM
Congratulations to Torres on his first big-league victory. Unlike his previous outing against Cleveland, he threw strikes. No walks today, let his defense work for him. Throwing strikes usually leads to good things with the wind blowing in at Wrigley. If the Cubs can't hit homers, they can't score.

Our Sox dominated this game, and that should send a clear message to these Cubbie faithful that their team sucks hard.

TDog
09-03-2009, 04:39 PM
Some people will look for negatives in this game. (i.e., the White Sox didn't score eight runs in three innings against Dempster, whose name kind of sounds like Dumpster, and he must be garbage because he pitches for the Cubs).

Consider, however, that this afternoon, the Cubs were doing their impression of the worst of the 2009 White Sox -- not the worst in the respect of losing 19-1 or giving up a late lead, but the worst routine baseball people have complained about for the last five months.

The Cubs were shut down by a no-name pitcher. The Cubs played poor defense, and the White Sox took advantage and took the lead. The White Sox later took advantage and extended the lead. The Cubs ran into an out at the plate in a play that could have tied the game with less than two outs. The Cubs lost at home to a team that was under .500.

White Sox fans could find negatives. In baseball, there are always negatives, and WSI could find them when they're not even there. Again, the White Sox failed to score Scott Podsednik on a leadoff double. I am beginning to wonder if a strategy to keep the White Sox from scoring in the first would be to intentionally walk Podsednik, intentionally balk him to second and pick him off or, worst-case scenario, get the subsequent hitters out without scoring the run. I am sure White Sox fans were hollering loudly at their televisions with today's first-inning doubleplay.

And the Sox weren't perfect with runners in scoring position. But they were 5-for-11. Ramirez was 1-for-2 with a single to drive in the first run after Getz singled with two out and went to second on an error, which was a pretty clutch way to break the scoreless tie. The runs in the eighth and ninth broke the game open. Technically, it was the second straight afternoon that Ramirez picked up the game winning hit with a single after falling behind 0-2. Later, the Cubs pitched around Ramirez with first base open and two outs.

Wise didn't get any hits, but he apparently had a pretty good game in the field. Torres pitched well. Of course, the Cubs had never seen him before. It helped that Torres walked no one. He got out of a first-and-third-one-out jam and would have faced a second one had the Cubs held Fox at third in the seventh. Or perhaps that would have been a job for Matt Thornton.

Really, the White Sox played a great game. I didn't have any complaints about the starting lineup, and I have no complaints about how the game turned out.

LoveYourSuit
09-03-2009, 04:41 PM
We sweep the Red Sox and I will start having hope again.

doublem23
09-03-2009, 04:46 PM
:happybday to me.

Dan H
09-03-2009, 04:50 PM

I would like to have hope but sweeping the Red Sox is a tall order. Right now I am just happy about beating the Cubs.

doublem23
Is it just me or does Scott Podsednik now make a base running mistake a game? Bring on the Chone Figgins era next season! LOL

Pods' mistake in the 1st was aggrevating, but I think it was just bad luck that he didn't start right away since the ball was hit back to Dempster, then started when he realized he didn't field it, and then was caught up when Dempster composed himself. Not a great play on the bases, but certainly not the worst play I've ever seen.

Now, what in the world was Gordon doing? It would have been bad enough had he been doubled off if the throw came from third but THE BALL WAS BEING RUN BACK TO SECOND. What in the world was he thinking?

doublem23

No need to even worry about that until we get over .500.

ramblinsoxfan11
09-03-2009, 04:51 PM
It's nice seeing a Sox winner over the cubs, even if it is basically a meaningless game. Regardless, Torres pitched great and I hope he finds himself a regular in the rotation for the rest of this season and hopefully into next year as well, provided that he has more outings like today:D:

Sox played great, cubs played awful, all is right with the world...

Now if only the tigers will start losing

oeo
09-03-2009, 04:52 PM
Pods' mistake in the 1st was aggrevating, but I think it was just bad luck that he didn't start right away since the ball was hit back to Dempster, then started when he realized he didn't field it, and then was caught up when Dempster composed himself. Not a great play on the bases, but certainly not the worst play I've ever seen.

I think he started before he realized Dempster didn't field it. The worst part about it is he stopped. If you're going to go, just go. Since Dempster couldn't field it cleanly, he may have opted to just throw to first and get the safe out.

Danielgosox38
09-03-2009, 05:02 PM
Great win by Torres! Absolutely amazing start. No complaints about the game today. Nice 2 game winning streak. I guess that Jim Thome was a problem in the clubhouse.

fram40
09-03-2009, 05:10 PM
Consider, however, that this afternoon, the Cubs were doing their impression of the worst of the 2009 White Sox -- not the worst in the respect of losing 19-1 or giving up a late lead, but the worst routine baseball people have complained about for the last five months.

The Cubs were shut down by a no-name pitcher. The Cubs played poor defense, and the White Sox took advantage and took the lead. The White Sox later took advantage and extended the lead. The Cubs ran into an out at the plate in a play that could have tied the game with less than two outs. The Cubs lost at home to a team that was under .500.

great observation ( altho it was 20 - 1 )

It is so frustrating to be a Chicago baseball fan this season. Pinella's postgame comments were extremely concise, to say the least.

TDog
09-03-2009, 05:19 PM
great observation ( altho it was 20 - 1 )

It is so frustrating to be a Chicago baseball fan this season. Pinella's postgame comments were extremely concise, to say the least.

Was it 20-1? I lost count. Funny thing is that the Sox beat the Twins the next two days and took two of three in the series.

I have no idea why everyone is excited about Torres. When the Sox get shut down by a rookie pitcher, White Sox fans give the pitcher no credit at all.

ChiSoxGirl
09-03-2009, 05:30 PM
I love that we beat the Cute & Cuddlies, and furthermore have shut their fans up for another year, as we took the season series, 4-2! :bandance: I missed a good portion of the game, since I was teaching, but the parts I heard were fabulous. Classic Farmer in the of the 8th, "The Jumping Man misplayed that one and it rolls to the ivy!" :D: Soriano is such a tool.

thomas35forever
09-03-2009, 05:39 PM
Torres pitched a helluva game. He definitely exceeded my expectations. I didn't think he'd last seven innings, and in a National League park no less. If he's auditioning for 2010, I'd say he's done a mighty fine job so far.

It was also nice to see Soriano blow one. I guess a Cubs-Sox series wouldn't be complete without it.:)

cws05champ
09-03-2009, 05:48 PM
Torres pitched a helluva game. He definitely exceeded my expectations. I didn't think he'd last seven innings, and in a National League park no less. If he's auditioning for 2010, I'd say he's done a mighty fine job so far.

It was also nice to see Soriano blow one. I guess a Cubs-Sox series wouldn't be complete without it.:)
That's why he lasted 7 innings. Don't you know that when AL pitchers pitch in the NL they can't lose!!

Seriously though, I just got back from the game and it was just a nice day at the ballpark. Good Sox win, with few mistakes and a good pitching performance. Other than having to deal with ignorant Cub fans(I know redundant), it was a good time!

Edit: Also, I saw Tyler Flowers taking BP...WOW, he was crushing the ball into the seats on most swings. He's a big un...

stillz
09-03-2009, 05:50 PM

That'd be nice. No need to finish with a limp. Let's go get it!

hawkjt
09-03-2009, 05:58 PM

Now, what in the world was Gordon doing? It would have been bad enough had he been doubled off if the throw came from third but THE BALL WAS BEING RUN BACK TO SECOND. What in the world was he thinking?

Yes, Pods compounded his initial mistake by growing a brain and figuring he was dead to rights at third, meanwhile Dempster is fumbling it..so Pods probably beats it to third...and then Pods tries to get Gordo to second by doing the pickle...and Gordo screws up by getting lured into trying for second....what a Cluster****....
Now, that said, Pods gets on 4 of his 5 plate appearances....1 double that should have been triple cept for the cheating vines, another double and a solid single and walk....and fans still will complain..yea, he messes up, but Figgins leads the league in pickoffs and caught stealing...so he aint perfect either. Pods is hot lately and I just hope he keeps getting on base to get in trouble.

Nice job Carlos...so nice to have a guy just go out and throw strikes..64 strikes 32 balls...for a change. Teams like the Sox and Cubs cannot really hit a decent pitcher if he just pounds the strike zone...walks are the only way they flourish on offense.

PS...if the Sox do not absolutely blow that one game late at Wrigley...the Sox take 5 of 6. Let there be no arguement about the tallest midget this year...WHITE SOX!!!

MtGrnwdSoxFan
09-03-2009, 06:13 PM
I was in sec. 204, and I could not see the defensive miscue that Soriano made. All I saw was a flyball to right, Soriano running out of sight near the line, and then an explosion of cheers/boos and seeing Beckham take off. Ever since then, the Cubbie faithful gave Soriano absolute hell. Nothing but boos. I'm sure Bradley was relieved to not be the goat for today.

Torres was just nasty today. I could tell, even from the left-field line, that he had command of his pitches. Both starters pitched great games, but thankfully, Torres just pitched a bit better.

Who knew Wise had such a great arm? When Wise fielded the ball, Fox was already rounding third. When I saw the throw, I said to myself "Oh my God, he might actually have a play at home." Perfect strike, and Fox was gunned out. Absolute pandemonium, as Sox fans went wild and Cubs fans were just stunned. That was the game-saving play, right there. Wise in, Sox win, right?

Overall, great game to be at, even if it has a 90% chance of being totally meaningless. I had a great time, even in the Urine-soaked Hellhole.

SOX WIN!

RadioheadRocks
09-03-2009, 06:37 PM
The bananas shall dance again...

:supernana::supernana::supernana::supernana::super nana:

cards press box
09-03-2009, 06:38 PM

Lip

Yes, even if the Sox are out of it, I want to see them finish strong (especially young players like Beckham, Getz, Flowers and Torres). If you recall, they had a nice finishing kick in 2004 to go 83-79 in Ozzie's first season. We all know what happened the following year.

GlassSox
09-03-2009, 06:40 PM
I'm just glad for the win. I'm not reading any more into it than that.

Zisk77
09-03-2009, 06:43 PM
- Congrats to Mr. Torres! Anyone else pumped after Ozzie left him in to get the final out in the 7th in what was still a 1-0 game? Nasty change up, welcome to the big time kid!

- D'Wayne Wise, nice throw man, nice throw...

- As StonePony stated, Soriano should be DH'ing in 2010(if the Cubs can find a taker, of course!). I understand the man is playing at 70% due to his banged up knee, but if he can't give the effort, he shouldn't be on the field.

- Along the same line, Alexei continues to hurt the team with his un-acceptable play at SS. He needs to be moved back to 2B in the off-season. I'm fairly confident Kenny Williams/Ozzie Guillen feel the same way.

- The 2009 Cubs clubhouse/dugout must be un-bearable to the guys on that team with a "good" personality. Bradley is a horrible, horrible person to be stuck on a team with. What a cancerous personality, somebody get the bat out of his ass.

- 2 in a row! It's going to take a ridiculous run of 15 straight, or 19 of 20(ala the 2007 Rockies) to make the playoffs at this point. But heck, I may as well stay on this boat till the very end.

Unpossible, Ozzie is a veteran manager and is terrible with rookies.

Actually it reminded me of the series in New York early in Ozzies tenor. John Garland was winning in the 5th or 6th and walked the first 2 Yanks, then Olivo picked a runner of second. Jon then walked 2 more and Oz came out. Jon expected to be lifted (as Manuel did it every time he gave up a hit after the 5th). Ozzie said go get em (probably in a more colorful way) and Jon did. i think from that moment on Jon became a good pitcher

russ99
09-03-2009, 06:46 PM
Alright!

Sox win, Cubs lose, a good day.

Sox win over Cubs, a great day. :D:

Now let's keep it going tomorrow at home. But I am a bit bummed that I'm going to the Cell to see Freddy pitch instead of Peavy...

SOXfnNlansing
09-03-2009, 07:05 PM
That victory today is kind of a consolation prize for enduring the losing in August. Nice to see some other team get shut out by an unknown rookie pitcher.

Gavin
09-03-2009, 07:55 PM
when the 4 sox IF players walked away in perfect symmetry after ozzie left torres in it was pure bad ass

Red Barchetta
09-03-2009, 08:10 PM
I thought we were in for a long day the way the game started off with Scotty Pods' triple being turned into a double due to the CF weeds and then with the horrible base running DP. :rolleyes:

Good thing Torres came to pitch. Some nice plays and some timely hitting.

However, as bad as we have it, I could not stomach being a fan of the Cuddlies. Soriano, although hurt, looks just as lost as he did in the playoffs against the Dodgers last October. I also can't believe Milton Bradley only has 37 RBIs! How much are they paying him?! If you look at the productivity of Soriano, Fukadome and Bradley and the $$$ they spent on that trifecta, Hendry should be run out of town.

Good to win the season series, however I would trade this win for 6 others against the Twins and Tigers...

chisoxfanatic
09-03-2009, 08:16 PM
Was it 20-1? I lost count. Funny thing is that the Sox beat the Twins the next two days and took two of three in the series.

The 20-1 game was get-away day for Minnesota. We had won the first two games in that series and then got blown out in one of our many failed attempts at a sweep this season.
PS...if the Sox do not absolutely blow that one game late at Wrigley...the Sox take 5 of 6. Let there be no arguement about the tallest midget this year...WHITE SOX!!!
And, if AJ was able to line one through instead of grounding into an inning-ending DP, we could've swept all six games.
Now let's keep it going tomorrow at home. But I am a bit bummed that I'm going to the Cell to see Freddy pitch instead of Peavy...
I'll be at the game tomorrow as well, but Freddy's been pitching pretty well, so I'm in no way bummed out that he's starting. I'm just glad that I won't ever have to go to a game where Jose Contreras is starting (I've been to at least a few of those this year and never was happy).

slavko
09-03-2009, 08:34 PM
I love that we beat the Cute & Cuddlies, and furthermore have shut their fans up for another year, as we took the season series, 4-2! :bandance: I missed a good portion of the game, since I was teaching, but the parts I heard were fabulous. Classic Farmer in the of the 8th, "The Jumping Man misplayed that one and it rolls to the ivy!" :D: Soriano is such a tool.

Stone saying "that's what happens when you play a DH in LF" at the same time. When the sun has moved to the south in the fall, that's a tough place to play. He's mailing it in, in every facet of the game. TV guys saying Fox's destination is DH in the AL as well. We may have a pricey OF mailing it in too. Too soon to say.

How does MLB allow those vines in the field of play if they interfere with the game so often? Is this baseball or landscaping?

Torres was locating real well, no walks and a little bit of stuff can get a kid a long way. I too would have rather seen him than Contreras since Richard left.

chisoxfanatic
09-03-2009, 08:46 PM
Stone saying "that's what happens when you play a DH in LF" at the same time. When the sun has moved to the south in the fall, that's a tough place to play. He's mailing it in, in every facet of the game. TV guys saying Fox's destination is DH in the AL as well. We may have a pricey OF mailing it in too. Too soon to say.
He truly is, and that was ever-so-apparent in his final at bat, where 2 of the 3 pitches he swung at were well out of the zone. It didn't look like he even cared. I know the game was pretty much decided at that point; but, he should still act like a professional.

DumpJerry
09-03-2009, 08:48 PM
He truly is, and that was ever-so-apparent in his final at bat, where 2 of the 3 pitches he swung at were well out of the zone. It didn't look like he even cared. I know the game was pretty much decided at that point; but, he should still act like a professional.
Each pitch in that last at-bat was further from the Plate than the previous pitch. I guess tomorrow is payday at The Urinal and he was thinking of how spend his money.

Hitmen77
09-03-2009, 09:28 PM
..... Classic Farmer in the of the 8th, "The Jumping Man misplayed that one and it rolls to the ivy!" :D: Soriano is such a tool.

It's hilarious the number of Soriano jerseys I see Cub fans wear. That's got to be the most common Cub shirt out there after Zambrano. Yayyy!!!! We love overplayed terrible players!:roflmao:

Remember, the Tribune said that Soriano would become the "King of Chicago" after the Cubs gave him essentially a blank check.:lol:

DrCrawdad
09-03-2009, 09:34 PM
A few weeks ago I posted a message requesting tickets for today's game. No one responded and then I had a work appointment scheduled in the afternoon. I go in today and the meeting is canceled. I was told about a couple ticket options and I made a call. My fellow WSI friend, gosox3072 (http://www.whitesoxinteractive.com/vbulletin/member.php?u=658), came thru with the 2 bleachers tickets!

A coworker and I bolted for the game. We missed the first half inning one, stood for a couple innings and then found seats in the LF bleachers, 2nd row!

It was very cool to be there to see the Sox win and to see Soriano drop AJ's flyball! Where are all those folks who were claiming that Soriano was the best LF in MLB now?

Couple notes on the folks around us:

There was a father (Cubs fan) and son (about 21 yrs old who had on a Sox shirt) and they were in the front row on the aisle. The Sox fan may have egged on the drunky Cubbie fans sitting next to me before we arrived, but when we got there the drunky Cubbie clowns were yelling threats at the Sox kid, "We're going follow you out and kick your ass..." Interestingly, Cubbie security said nothing about the threats nor the dark homo-erotic taunts but nearly tossed the kid when he and his family reacted to the threats. Then when the kid was leaving he started yelling at the drunkies. Not too smart as the drunkies got right up and followed them out. I don't know what happened from there.

There was this "lady" in the front row who spewed all kinds of bile towards any Sox fans around. One of her common taunts was, "I work and pay taxes. I pay for you southsiders..." Four Asian Sox fans were perplexed by this and the one guy said, "I work for a living." It didn't stop her as she railed on.

Dave Kaplan and other Cubbie clowns like to put-down Sox fans, no surprise there, but I've heard Kaplan make slurs about Sox fans with missing teeth. I giggled to myself when I saw the Cubbie fan who sat behind me with teeth that made Austin Powers look wonderful by comparison.

I escaped the taunts from either side as I was neutrally dressed, having come over from work. That was cool but the Sox win made the day.

DrCrawdad
09-03-2009, 09:52 PM
I'm now watching the WGN, Cubs broadcast, of the game today. Len Kasper and Bob Brenly (especially this pompous ass) were gleefully commenting about the Sox errors, unearned runs allowed and bad base running. Ok those are facts but the glee and arrogance were overflowing in the presentation. So it's rich and satisfying to see how the Cubbies defense was so lousy today.

Cuck the Fubs
09-03-2009, 10:43 PM
I was there as well....and while I enjoyed the Sox win....I can assure you I will never step foot in that ****hole again.

I just don't get the hype over that ****ing dump...everything about it sucks!

RadioheadRocks
09-04-2009, 12:23 AM
I'm now watching the WGN, Cubs broadcast, of the game today. Len Kasper and Bob Brenly (especially this pompous ass) were gleefully commenting about the Sox errors, unearned runs allowed and bad base running. Ok those are facts but the glee and arrogance were overflowing in the presentation. So it's rich and satisfying to see how the Cubbies defense was so lousy today.

Didn't Brenly also say something about "not wanting to leave my fingerprints on this ****" towards the end of the game, not realizing the microphone was on?

:dumbass:

DrCrawdad
09-04-2009, 12:29 AM
Didn't Brenly also say something about "not wanting to leave my fingerprints on this ****" towards the end of the game, not realizing the microphone was on?

:dumbass:

I didn't hear it but if you have an idea when I'll check my digital recording.

RadioheadRocks
09-04-2009, 12:31 AM
If you were listening to a repeat or a rebroadcast I'm sure it was probably edited out.

guillensdisciple
09-04-2009, 12:44 AM
Happy we won, and now lets win the rest of the games we have left this season.

**** it, while there is time.

Go Sox!

soltrain21
09-04-2009, 01:00 AM
God damn it, White Sox. Give me a finish.

slavko
09-04-2009, 09:20 AM
There was this "lady" in the front row who spewed all kinds of bile towards any Sox fans around. One of her common taunts was, "I work and pay taxes. I pay for you southsiders..." Four Asian Sox fans were perplexed by this and the one guy said, "I work for a living." It didn't stop her as she railed on.

Dave Kaplan and other Cubbie clowns like to put-down Sox fans, no surprise there, but I've heard Kaplan make slurs about Sox fans with missing teeth. I giggled to myself when I saw the Cubbie fan who sat behind me with teeth that made Austin Powers look wonderful by comparison.

I escaped the taunts from either side as I was neutrally dressed, having come over from work. That was cool but the Sox win made the day.

It's not a pleasant subject to discuss, but I was at Wednesday's Cubs game and was sitting among a bunch of toothless type Cubs fans. You know what I mean, sitting in the wrong seats, vulgar talk, boorish behavior, overweight, the women with tattooes, showing more than you want to look at. If you know what north/northwest side street denizens are, these were them.

Kaplan is a moron and dresses weirdly.